Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Empty
PostSubject: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Seriously there is a problem here. This forum is basically for Australia and New Zealand sport fans and rugby is one of the main sports in both these country's. Surprisingly we have little posting in this section what so ever.

What's going on?
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:29 pm

Rozza wrote:
Seriously there is a problem here. This forum is basically for Australia and New Zealand sport fans and rugby is one of the main sports in both these country's. Surprisingly we have little posting in this section what so ever.

What's going on?

Rugby is a major sport in Australia. News to me. I personally thought aussie rules and league were the only major sports. We don't have too many kiwis on here so I assume that's the problem.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Lol at the Victorian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Liam has never heard of cricket?
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:17 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
Rozza wrote:

What's going on?

Rugby is a major sport in Australia. News to me. I personally thought aussie rules and league were the only major sports. We don't have too many kiwis on here so I assume that's the problem.

O.M.G there is no emoticon for the amount of "fail" in this post
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:40 pm

The Tank wrote:
Liam has never heard of cricket?

I was so focused on football codes that I forgot cricket. Would be more major than rules and league imo.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Liam is a douche

But the Rugby section is struggling.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:43 am

Agree re: liam Wink

I know for me I'm just rugby'ed out after a disappointing S15 from the Canes, then a white-wash by the ABs which, while satisfying to watch, didn't provide much discussion especially from the Aussies. Now the NPC is on and until last week Wellington were shit so again I had little to talk about...

End of year tours should provide some discussion points though.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 am

While Rugby is a big sport in Australia. Aussie Rules, NRL and Cricket are bigger.

With AFL and NRL over though, there should be some more talk in this section hopefully.

Might need to do some advertising, specifically for Rugby fans though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 am

Oh for sure - Rugby's well behind AFL, NRL and Cricket - and football's pushing hard too...
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:51 am

Pantherus wrote:
Oh for sure - Rugby's well behind AFL, NRL and Cricket - and football's pushing hard too...

Don't take it the wrong way mate, I know Rugby is a big sport.

Even if you don't agree with what I think is a bigger sport, the main fact is there is more AFL, NRL and Cricket fans on the forum I would think, hence why I said some advertising for just Rugby fans would be good.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:52 am

im gonna back liam up here a bit coz he is partly right.

rugby union has done nothing to really promote itself in australia imo. i dont mind watching it every now and then but without foxtel it kinda makes it hard. it is just in a different category compared to AFL and NRL.

and with rugby league and afl being easily accessable by the majority of australians those sports have easily become our national football codes and gained the support of the general population. also for some reason i categorise union as a private school/upper class sport which doesnt really appeal at all haha
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:55 am

Don't take what the wrong way? I'm agreeing with you...aren't I?

Rugby's big over in Aus (except Victoria) but AFL and NRL especially are much more popular, Cricket's a different seasonal sport which makes it a bit different.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:58 am

Haha sorry man, I thought it was sarcasm...Because of the "Oh for sure" part.

If you ask me, what sports are most popular, I can't split AFL, Cricket and NRL.

If you go to the stats, attendance rate wise, it tells you:

Australian Rules football, with an attendance rate of 16%
Horse-racing (13%)
Rugby league (9%)
Motor sports (9%)
Cricket (5%)
Rugby Union (4%)
Soccer (4%)
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:00 am

AFL would be australia's most supported football code with league 2nd.

cricket really doesnt come into consideration due to it being a summer sport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.   Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shortage in active rugby fans on this forum.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com