Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2011 Expectations

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

2011 Expectations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 3:26 am

2011, we are going to be a force. so watch out my cousin
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:33 am

Jenko wrote:
2011, we are going to be a force. so watch out my cousin
sure thing ma cuz.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am

Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Club: North Queensland Cowboys

Finishing Position: 7th
Leading Try Scorer: Willie Tonga
Leading Point Scorer: Johnathan Thurston
Player to hit first grade next season: Tariq Sims
Player to debut for Origin next season: Scott Bolton
Best Recruit: Dallas Johnson
Worst Recruit: none, if it had to be any it would probably be Ashton Sims
'Surprise Packet': Gavin Cooper and James Segeyaro
Player who flopped: Aaron Payne to continue his shit form.

QLD or NSW? QLD 2-1

Pretty much agree with all that, although I think Ashton may actually suprise a few people. Not sure about Bolton debuting in Origin, it's going to be hard to break into that team given there's already Thaiday, Myles, Harrison, Johnson, Costigan, Taylor in and around the team and probably ahead of him, he'd have to have one hell of a start to the year.

Well there is no one else really who is even a small chance of making their debut for QLD. Bolton is the only one who has a slim chance of debuting for the QLD side. The obvious guys like JT, Scott, DJ will be there though.

I hope Dallas gets picked for origin but it might not be such a smooth path back in. QLD are fiercly loyal and they'll show that loyalty to the players who played in the white wash.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 am

Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:

QLD or NSW? QLD 2-1

Pretty much agree with all that, although I think Ashton may actually suprise a few people. Not sure about Bolton debuting in Origin, it's going to be hard to break into that team given there's already Thaiday, Myles, Harrison, Johnson, Costigan, Taylor in and around the team and probably ahead of him, he'd have to have one hell of a start to the year.

Well there is no one else really who is even a small chance of making their debut for QLD. Bolton is the only one who has a slim chance of debuting for the QLD side. The obvious guys like JT, Scott, DJ will be there though.

I think Tate may be a chance of a wing spot as well, probably between him and Tuqiri, and Tonga will be in the centres if Hodges fails to recover to a satisfactory level by Origin 1. We could quite easily have 5 players in the starting side, or at least in the side in general.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:00 am

To be Honest, another expectation i expect is that Brett Stewart will be back to his best. Dam he was way better then Hayne.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:00 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:

QLD or NSW? QLD 2-1

I hope Dallas gets picked for origin but it might not be such a smooth path back in. QLD are fiercly loyal and they'll show that loyalty to the players who played in the white wash.

I think the loyalty earned by DJ over the previous 4 years of the dynasty will be more than that earned during the one year played in his absence by players like Costigan and Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:35 am

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. C. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson

14. Cronk
15. Harrison
16. Shillington
17. Taylor

18. Hannant
19. Hodges
20. Costigan
21. Lowe
22. Bolton
23. Prince
24. Te'o
25. Tuqiri

That would be my 25 man QLD squad. Still very strong. If Hodges has a good start to the season he will probably be in the centres, but with a long injury lay off it may take a while for him to settle in. If this team goes ahead then there will be 5 players from the Cowboys, which wouldn't even be as much we had in 2005 when we had 6 in Game 1. (T. Williams, Bowman, Sing, JT, Webb, Bowen).

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:40 am

Bit stiff on Ash Harrison he didn't put a foot wrong and deserves to start.. It's a tough one i recon, for me either one or the other plays as a bench spot is wasted imo.. Both can play the 80 so personally i would prefer an impact player on the bench.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Gear 2
Rookie
Gear 2

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 am

Club Warriors

Finishing Position: 3rd
Leading Try Scorer: Manu Vatuvei
Leading Point Scorer: James Maloney
Player to hit first grade next season: Sebestian Ikahihifo/Shaun Johnson
Player to debut for Origin next season: James Maloney
Best Recruit: Feleti Mateo
Worst Recruit: Krisnan Inu
'Surprise Packet': Isaac John
Player who flopped: N/A
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 10:32 am

Beckham wrote:
Bit stiff on Ash Harrison he didn't put a foot wrong and deserves to start.. It's a tough one i recon, for me either one or the other plays as a bench spot is wasted imo.. Both can play the 80 so personally i would prefer an impact player on the bench.
they both played in the same team before, and both started I believe, I see no reason why it couldn't happen again. Personally I believe DJ is a certainty to come back into the team, he's made for origin.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

Brenton wrote:
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. C. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson

14. Cronk
15. Harrison
16. Shillington
17. Taylor

18. Hannant
19. Hodges
20. Costigan
21. Lowe
22. Bolton
23. Prince
24. Te'o
25. Tuqiri

That would be my 25 man QLD squad. Still very strong. If Hodges has a good start to the season he will probably be in the centres, but with a long injury lay off it may take a while for him to settle in. If this team goes ahead then there will be 5 players from the Cowboys, which wouldn't even be as much we had in 2005 when we had 6 in Game 1. (T. Williams, Bowman, Sing, JT, Webb, Bowen).

Hodgo will be there in place of Tonga if he plays well for the first 6-8 so rounds. I'd prefer to see Lote on the wing, rather than Tate. Uate will be playing I assume, so I'd want Lote marking him. Hannant, if he starts well, should be in there over Scott. He'll then relegate to the Bench. DJ should definitely be the lock, no questions asked. Agree with the rest of the team though.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:28 am

Jenko wrote:
Club PANTHERS

Finishing Position: 1st
Leading Try Scorer: Sandor Earl
Leading Point Scorer: Michael Gordon
Player to hit first grade next season: That nz kid
Player to debut for Origin next season: Tim Grant
Best Recruit: That nz kid probz?
Worst Recruit: N/a
'Surprise Packet': Sandor Earl
Player who flopped: No one flops in penrith

Nafe Seluini? I think he will have a blinder next year. If you saw how he played with the Warriors and is doing a similar job with the Jr Kiwis, he should easily make a similar role to that at the Panthers next year.

Im not sure how the Panthers will use him tho, is Kingston a 80min player? Can he move to 5/8th or Lock? Will be good to see what they do with him, this guy will be a gun.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:30 am

Kingston isn't an 80 minute player. Seluini should be coming off the bench.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:33 am

Sounds like a perfect plan, Seluini will provide great spark off the bench. Who will team up with Walsh in the halves next year?
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am

I'd go Taumata, but Travis Burns could get the gig first up.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. C. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson

14. Cronk
15. Harrison
16. Shillington
17. Taylor

18. Hannant
19. Hodges
20. Costigan
21. Lowe
22. Bolton
23. Prince
24. Te'o
25. Tuqiri

Hodgo will be there in place of Tonga if he plays well for the first 6-8 so rounds. I'd prefer to see Lote on the wing, rather than Tate. Uate will be playing I assume, so I'd want Lote marking him. Hannant, if he starts well, should be in there over Scott. He'll then relegate to the Bench. DJ should definitely be the lock, no questions asked. Agree with the rest of the team though.

You're kidding right? Tate is far and away better in defence then Tuqiri.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Up against Uate, I'd prefer a bigger bodied player.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 pm

I just thought the way that Matt Scott was tremendous in Origin this year, that would give him the BoTD. In saying that it is very tough on Ash Harrison, as someone said he didn't do too much wrong but it seems he will be relegated to the bench.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Hannant was injured, which is why Scott came in. If Hannant isn't injured, then he plays. Whether that's a starting position or not, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Hannant was fit for Game 1 and 3
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Really? He was injured the majority of the season I thought.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 pm

Yeah I remember he was a surprise omission from the Game 1 team. His form this year wasn't too good either.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Hannant was injured, which is why Scott came in. If Hannant isn't injured, then he plays. Whether that's a starting position or not, I'm not sure.

Origin 3 this year, Petro, Scott, Shillington and Hannant were all available, Hannant was the one left out.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:19 pm

He was injured a fair bit though. Still played around 18-19 games, but got injured in a few of them. His knee was bad all year.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:

Origin 3 this year, Petro, Scott, Shillington and Hannant were all available, Hannant was the one left out.

I thought he was left out through injury, didn't remember properly obviously. He'll be in the side next year though i reckon. Especially if he has a good start to the season. I'd rather him over Shillo and Scott.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 Expectations
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com