Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2011 Expectations

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

2011 Expectations - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Up against Uate, I'd prefer a bigger bodied player.

Too bad you're not a footy coach or anything associated with rugby league so thankfully you're opinion won't count, Tate has managed to shut down much bigger bodies than Uate, being big doesn't mean you can defend, Idris is proof of that, so are players like Johnson and Gillmeister who are two of the best defenders the game has ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Hannant was injured, which is why Scott came in. If Hannant isn't injured, then he plays. Whether that's a starting position or not, I'm not sure.

Origin 3 this year, Petro, Scott, Shillington and Hannant were all available, Hannant was the one left out.

I thought he was left out through injury, didn't remember properly obviously. He'll be in the side next year though i reckon. Especially if he has a good start to the season. I'd rather him over Shillo and Scott.

Not based on last season's form you shouldn't, injury or no injury, it doesn't change the fact that even when he was playing he was far from the standard the others set.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Up against Uate, I'd prefer a bigger bodied player.

Too bad you're not a footy coach or anything associated with rugby league so thankfully you're opinion won't count, Tate has managed to shut down much bigger bodies than Uate, being big doesn't mean you can defend, Idris is proof of that, so are players like Johnson and Gillmeister who are two of the best defenders the game has ever seen.

Yes i know that. I didn't start watching RL this season. I just think having a bigger bodied player, with speed, would be better than Tate. I know Tate is a good defender, I watched him at the Broncos for 7 years.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:27 pm

Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Hannant was injured, which is why Scott came in. If Hannant isn't injured, then he plays. Whether that's a starting position or not, I'm not sure.

Origin 3 this year, Petro, Scott, Shillington and Hannant were all available, Hannant was the one left out.

I thought he was left out through injury, didn't remember properly obviously. He'll be in the side next year though i reckon. Especially if he has a good start to the season. I'd rather him over Shillo and Scott.

Not based on last season's form you shouldn't, injury or no injury, it doesn't change the fact that even when he was playing he was far from the standard the others set.

That's true, but we'll be in 2011, not 2010.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. C. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson

14. Cronk
15. Shillington
16. Myles
17. Taylor/Costigan

Coming from a NSW fan, thats the team i would consider your best. That bench is so strong and i think Shillo will be in for a biggie in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:37 pm

NSW would get absolutely flogged if that's the team we have throughout the series. Needs more Ben Hannant though.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Scott and Shillo > Hannant
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Brad wrote:

One season doesn't make players better than other players you know. Shillington was nothing before this year and Scott had a breakthrough year.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Danger32 wrote:

That's true, but we'll be in 2011, not 2010.

Yes but atm we've really only got 2010 to go off form wise don't we.
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Brad wrote:

One season doesn't make players better than other players you know. Shillington was nothing before this year and Scott had a breakthrough year.

Playing for your state and country isn't "nothing"
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:03 pm

He's only really an injury replacement player.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:27 pm

If Scott and Shillo keep their form, which i assume they will, Hannant wont have a chance
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Brad wrote:
If Scott and Shillo keep their form, which i assume they will, Hannant wont have a chance

No one has form come round 1 mate. Every player needs to prove themselves, other than the players that are guaranteed a position in the team. Saying Hannant won't have a chance is ridiculous. At his best, he's in the top 3 props in the game.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:43 pm

panthersftw wrote:
Club: Penrith Panthers

Finishing Position: 5th
Leading Try Scorer: Lachlan Coote (tied)
Leading Point Scorer: Michael Gordon
Player to hit first grade next season: Nafe Seluini
/ Evrett Vaurasi
Player to debut for Origin next season: Tim Grant
Best Recruit: Nafe Seluini
Worst Recruit: Arana Taumata

'Surprise Packet': Sandor Earl
Player who flopped: Matt Bell

QLD or NSW? (2-1)

5/10 overall. Been a dismal year for my Panthers Sad
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Holy Grail wrote:
Club Knights

Finishing Position: 5th
Leading Try Scorer: Akuila Uate
Leading Point Scorer: Kurt Gidley
Player to hit first grade next season: Beau Henry/Korbin Sims/Suituonua Lililki- Spelling?
Player to debut for Origin next season: Akuila Uate
Best Recruit: Beau Henry
Worst Recruit: N/A
'Surprise Packet': Cory Paterson
Player who flopped: James Mcmanus

QLD or NSW? NSW 2-1
4/10 Neutral
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:51 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Club: Broncos

Finishing Position: 1st-4th
Leading Try Scorer: Greg Inglis
Leading Point Scorer: Corey Parker
Player to hit first grade next season: Dane Gagai
Player to debut for Origin next season: Ben Te'o
Best Recruit: Ben Hannant
Worst Recruit: No one
'Surprise Packet': Andrew McCullough
Player who flopped: Mitchell Dodds

QLD or NSW? Doesn't need an answer.

1. Yep
2. C***
3. Yep
4. Yep
5. Injured
6. Yep
7. Don't think we had a 'bad recruit'
8. Been good but the surprise packet has been Jack Reed for mine
9. Was always going to happen
10. Yep Grin

Pretty good overall.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Brenton wrote:
Club: North Queensland Cowboys

Finishing Position: 7th - spot on
Leading Try Scorer: Willie Tonga - nope but maybe if he wasn't out injured for half the season
Leading Point Scorer: Johnathan Thurston - yep
Player to hit first grade next season: Tariq Sims - yep
Player to debut for Origin next season: Scott Bolton - nope
Best Recruit: Dallas Johnson - not many people would argue
Worst Recruit: none, if it had to be any it would probably be Ashton Sims - probably a bit harsh, I'd say thorny considering he never played a game
'Surprise Packet': Gavin Cooper and James Segeyaro - I'd say spot on plus add Gash
Player who flopped: Aaron Payne to continue his shit form. - I wouldn't say he's had a shit season but it hasn't been great either so yeah I suppose.

QLD or NSW? QLD 2-1
Not bad mate 6/9
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:26 am

Laughing Brenton has the best av atm
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:36 am

haha it awesome, I'm going to pop it in my Souths thread on sportal

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Expectations   2011 Expectations - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 Expectations
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com