Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Inglis sweating on Storm Release.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Empty
PostSubject: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 am

A "side deal" could clear the decks for Melbourne star Greg Inglis to train with Brisbane until his dispute over legal costs with Melbourne are resolved.

A $30,000 legal bill threatens to prevent Inglis from signing a two-year deal with the Broncos and joining fellow key signing and former Bulldog Ben Hannant at the club's first official pre-season training session next Monday.

The Queensland and Australian centre is embroiled in a protracted dispute over a legal bill incurred after Melbourne hired a QC for his successful defence against an assault charge last year.

While the 23 year-old game breaker is understood to have agreed to pay $83,000 of the $113,000 legal costs, the sticking point appears to be whether any payments made are included in Melbourne's amended salary cap.

Inglis needs a clearance from Melbourne before his new two year contract with Brisbane can be signed off on and registered with the NRL.

An NRL official told AAP on Monday Melbourne could request a "side deal" which would allow Inglis to train with Brisbane should the dispute fail to be resolved this week.

"Under the rules, unless there is some sort of side agreement by Melbourne to release Inglis for the purposes of training (with Brisbane), then he's still registered with Melbourne, the spokesperson said as the dispute dragged in to its 11th week.

"It's not as hard and fast as just saying no, but technically he needs a clearance from Melbourne and the NRL.

"The NRL would have to be advised about any such deal and see what the request was before agreeing to anything."

Broncos operations manager Andrew Gee - who struck the deal with Inglis in August - is hoping the situation can be resolved quickly.

"We're hoping they're both there (at training) and hopefully Greg's situation can be sorted out this week," said Gee.

While Brisbane are keen to parade Inglis on their first day back at training, the champion centre would not be able to take part in any activities following off-season shoulder surgery.

The Broncos are anxious for their medical staff to step-up Inglis's rehab and begin programs to get him back on the field following an operation to reconstruct his damaged shoulder which forced him to miss the Four Nations series.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60713/inglis-sweating-on-storm-release/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:56 am

You're about 3 days late lol. Hopefully everything falls into place and the Storm stop being assholes.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:59 am

Danger32 wrote:
You're about 3 days late lol. Hopefully everything falls into place and the Storm stop being assholes.

Assholes? Mate were entitled to every cent. You would not be saying that if it were the other way round
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:12 am

socceroos06 wrote:
Danger32 wrote:

Assholes? Mate were entitled to every cent. You would not be saying that if it were the other way round

True. You need it more than Gi does.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:28 am

I beg to differ considering we recently got caught with too much money Wink
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:29 am

Danger32 wrote:

Something you were about your comment. So sorry, didnt much talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:32 am

What?

Don't take it to heart or anything.....i wasn't being offensive whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:34 am

Danger32 wrote:
What?

Don't take it to heart or anything.....i wasn't being offensive whatsoever.

than i apoligise.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 am

socceroos06 wrote:

Actually you had to give the money back, and looking at your line-up, you need the money.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:41 am

Danger32 wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:

Actually you had to give the money back, and looking at your line-up, you need the money.

Clearly the wink wasn't enough to show I was joking...
We have the money but most of it goes to the 3 big ones
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 am

I knew you were joking, i still wanted to say what i said though.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:18 pm

socceroos06 wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:

Clearly the wink wasn't enough to show I was joking...
We have the money but most of it goes to the 3 big ones

You dont have the money at all. News Limited props you guys up with an extra 15 mil a year just to keep going.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:28 am

Inglis has been cleared to train with the Bronx on Monday.

Quote :
Chief executive Bruno Cullen has confirmed this morning that the Melbourne Storm had given permission for the international centre to join the team in training, despite not yet officially being a Broncos player.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=31551&exclusive:-greg-inglis-cleared-to-train
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:26 am

Quote :
A day after Queensland Origin teammate Justin Hodges warned Inglis was ready to quit the NRL, The Daily Telegraph has reported the Maroons centre is being courted by the same club that poached Sonny Bill Williams.

Disillusioned over an ongoing $113,000 legal wrangle with the Melbourne Storm, Inglis has confided in members of his inner circle about quitting rugby league for the anonymity of French rugby.

"You're right, he's over it and he's seriously talking about walking away," a source close to Inglis said.

Eccentric multi-millionaire Toulon owner Mourad Boudjellal previously made a play to lure Inglis to Toulon when the Storm salary cap scandal broke in April. Inglis instead opted to seek a release from the final two years of his Melbourne Storm contract and signed with the Brisbane Broncos.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/greg-inglis-preapred-to-leave-nrl-for-french-rugby-if-dispute-with-melbourne-storm-not-resolved/story-fn2mcuj6-1225948106947

Now if the Storm F*** him around that much that he leaves league i think they should be punished in someway. It just isnt on for them to do this to not just greg but also the broncos and the broncos fans or just general fans of rugby league....
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:08 am

Yeah but if he's not the one paying the money for the court case then they have to add that to next years cap.. 100k is alot to lose when your already weakened next year..
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:19 am

I dont undersrand. Why is it added to the cap
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 am

Expect the storm headquarters to blow up if he leaves league.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 am

Damo wrote:
I dont undersrand. Why is it added to the cap

Because it's a payment from the club on the players behalf. The court case had nothing to do with the club therefore any payment they make is included under the cap as a player payment. Same principle as to why clubs can't just hand over the keys to a new car (or boat) without declaring it
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:42 am

Ch7 News: Russell Crowe has 'agreed' to pay the Storm legal bill if Inglis joins Souths
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am

I call BS as it will still come under our cap. If inglis wants to stay in the NRL he's going to have to pay the money as no club can afford to add 100k on top of whatever they pay for him.. Maybe next time he'll think before punching his gf
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:59 am

F*** off you phone-throwing C***.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:48 am

Though if any club wanted to they could pay the storm the 100k as a transfer fee ala what Rusty did with Burgess and Bradford and then it wouldn't be counted towards the cap as it's a payment to a club not the player but even then the legal fees would have to be absorbed by someones cap.. Either inglis pays up or he's off to England or France.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

Inglis said he never wanted to play for a Sydney club, i'd be surprised if he did sign with Souths but hey anything can happen aye. Personally, there's only 3 clubs i'd like to see him at.. Storm, Broncos and Cowboys Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 pm

We could prob get all 3 of Burgess' brothers for his asking price. Maybe even James Graham taking into account the extra 100k. I know what Id prefer..
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Danger32 wrote:
F*** off you phone-throwing C***.

i would rather join a phone throwing C*** than to join a bunch of toilet cubicle rapists haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inglis sweating on Storm Release.   Inglis sweating on Storm Release. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inglis sweating on Storm Release.
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com