Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

General NFL Chat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 am

Hey just a thread to talk about issues coming up in the NFL. some of the issues dont really fit into the weekly threads so here is your place to discuss what has been going on outside the weekly games.

Ill get us started with the whole Randy Moss saga.

as most of us know he was acquired by the Vikings from the Patriots about a month a go for a third round draft pick.

now it seems that the vikings will be waivering the star wide out. So where do you think moss will land? and does anyone agree with me in saying that Childress is going to get the boot as soon as his contract is up? he has made some awful decisions as a coach and its really showing now.

so what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 am

I'm surprised that let Childress stay tbh. Figured they would tell him to go rather than Moss. Will be amazed if Childress is there next season, he just isn't up to it.
As for where Moss will go, I reckon St. Louis. A team with a good young QB who lacks a quality WR to throw to.

Also, whats going on at Washington Confused
Benching McNabb in the 4th quarter and bringing on Grossman.... very weird.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:46 am

yeah there was talk about the rams, chiefs and seahawks are three teams that are really keen on Moss. if bradford would be comfortable playing with such a player it could do some good.

also the benching of McNabb is plain stupid. obviously there is something going on there behind the scenes
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:19 am

If Childress really wanted to send a message to his team - he would've been better off giving the Start to Jackson last week. As a result he's lost Moss, the faith of the supporters, their 3rd round pick and (I assume) some parts of the locker room. I highly doubt he'll be back next year if they don't start winning.

I honestly see Washington as the best fit for Moss, they have a very well regarded head coach, a QB who is capable of throwing the deep ball and a lack of quality wide outs.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:38 am

We are seeing a repeat of brett favre when he came back to play with the jets, they need to bring jackson in now. As for the randy moss saga, could you imagine him at the chiefs, he would open the game up for jones and charles and partner with bowe in the reciever department. Matt cassel has thrown to moss before, why not now?

How good are the bills and lions going, they may not be showing it in the standings but the bills have had many near misses and the lions are giving the the top teams a hard time, always had a soft spot for the lions and its good to see stafford back,

Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:57 am

Svoerman wrote:
I honestly see Washington as the best fit for Moss, they have a very well regarded head coach, a QB who is capable of throwing the deep ball and a lack of quality wide outs.
They have way too many problems of their own I reckon.

I don't see McNabb at Washington next season.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:20 am

I don't think Moss will go to Kanas though... Apparently the KC HC doesn't like people causing trouble in the media, and Moss has a rep for doing just that. Also they're a fairly young group.

Another possibility is that if he isn't claimed on waivers, NE may pick him up as a free agent. As they've got the best record theres no point putting in a claim and picking up his $3m salary when they would be able to pick him up for the minimum . They could keep him for the rest of the season, see him leave in free agency and get another draft pick as compensation.

Time will tell though.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Quote :
he Tennessee Titans have been awarded wide receiver Randy Moos off waivers, according to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi.

The Titans were the only team to put in a claim for Moss, according to Lombardi.

Tennessee is on a bye this week, meaning Moss is likely to hit the field for the Titans in Week 10 when they travel to Miami.

The Titans will pick up the remaining $3 million on Moss' salary for this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bd6ad8/article/titans-claim-wr-moss-of-waivers?module=breaking_news

did not expect him to go there haha good pick up for the titans who dont have much depth at WR. now they only need to get VY healthy
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 pm

Quote :
The Buffalo Bills have claimed three-time Pro Bowl linebacker Shawne Merriman off waivers, NFL Network's Kara Henderson has confirmed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81bd689b/article/bills-claim-lb-merriman-one-day-after-his-release-from-chargers?module=HP_headlines

good pickup for the bills. hopefully they can build up the team a bit more and move of the bottom of their division.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Do they really need him, they have quality there already.

And good pick-up for the Bills, they will start winning pretty soon with the team they have.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 pm

philly wrote:
Do they really need him, they have quality there already.

And good pick-up for the Bills, they will start winning pretty soon with the team they have.

what quality?

nate washington would be easily a No.3 receiver at any other team and kenny britt atm is injured and other than that justin gage?

not really the greatest quality there haha
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:08 am

Oops, I was combining the Titans and Chargers recievers together for some reason Laughing Laughing
Don't ask me why but I thought Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd played for the Titans Laughing

Very good pick-up by the Tians then Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General NFL Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: General NFL Chat   General NFL Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General NFL Chat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com