Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Carnage best in the World!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beckham
Moderator
Beckham

Posts : 5742
Age : 29
Location : QLD

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:12 am

Quote :
Australian and Sydney Roosters star Todd Carney tonight completed a stunning transformation from park football to the world’s best player in the space of 12 months after being named the RLIF International Player of the Year at Auckland’s Eden Park.

The playmaker who spent the 2009 season rebuilding his life and his career playing district football for the North Queensland town of Atherton was honoured for a memorable NRL season in which he won the Dally M Medal as player of the year and helped lift the Sydney Roosters from the wooden-spoon to the NRL Grand Final.

Carney, who was also named International Five-Eighth of the Year, becomes the third Australian in the three-year history of the awards to win the top honour, following Billy Slater in 2008 and Jarryd Hayne in 2009.

Sam Tomkins, one of the stars of Wigan’s Super League triumph, was named Rookie of the Year while St George Illawarra’s Wayne Bennett was named International Coach of the Year after securing his seventh NRL Premiership and the Dragons’ first as a joint venture club.

Quote :
Tonight’s RLIF Award winners are:

- Player of the Year: Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)
- Coach of the Year: Wayne Bennett (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Rookie of the Year: Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors)
- Fullback of the Year: Darius Boyd (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Winger of the Year: Pat Richards (Wigan Warriors)
- Centre of the Year: Shaun Kenny-Dowall (Sydney Roosters)
- Five-eighth of the Year: Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)
- Halfback of the Year: Scott Prince (Gold Coast Titans)
- Prop of the Year: Adrian Morley (Warrington Wolves)
- Hooker of the Year: Robbie Farah (Wests Tigers)
- Second-rower of the Year: Gareth Ellis (Wests Tigers)
- Lock of the Year: Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)
- Referee of the Year: Joint award – Tony Archer (Australia) and Richard Silverwood (England)
- Spirit of Rugby League Award: Ron McGregor.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60777/carney-named-worlds-best-player/default.aspx


Absolute Superstar well done Toddy, and hopefully his rise continues.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 am

Happy Pat Richards got the gong for Winger, Can't understand how Farah got Hooker of the Year though. If It's International shouldn't it extend onto International Fixtures also, If so Issac Luke is a clearcut winner.

Back to top Go down
Beckham
Moderator
Beckham

Posts : 5742
Age : 29
Location : QLD

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:21 am

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
Happy Pat Richards got the gong for Winger, Can't understand how Farah got Hooker of the Year though. If It's International shouldn't it extend onto International Fixtures also, If so Issac Luke is a clearcut winner.


I think it is International in the sense that the awards arn't just based on nrl players but superleague aswell. I would say tests wouldn't be included.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am

As if Todd Carney deserves it... wow he played good in what? 7-8 games this year. Wow give him a medal.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Moderator
Beckham

Posts : 5742
Age : 29
Location : QLD

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:34 am

Brenton wrote:
As if Todd Carney deserves it... wow he played good in what? 7-8 games this year. Wow give him a medal.

They already did along with the Dally M, 5/8 of the year, Provan-Summons and other various awards. Imagine what he could achieve if he plays well in more than 7 games affraid Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:35 am

Beckham wrote:
Brenton wrote:
As if Todd Carney deserves it... wow he played good in what? 7-8 games this year. Wow give him a medal.

They already did along with the Dally M, 5/8 of the year, Provan-Summons and other various awards. Imagine what he could achieve if he plays well in more than 7 games affraid Laughing Laughing

He is like Jarryd Hayne, plays good for half the year and then wins everything and the jizzfest occurs.

Go back to that hilarious bitchfight you are having, it is clearly sending TFW into laughter, as well as me.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Moderator
Beckham

Posts : 5742
Age : 29
Location : QLD

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 am

7 games has turned into half the year? Wow...

Maybe later pal i'm off for abit laters.

_________________
RIP Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:40 am

Or maybe we should get to the real point - let's actually have a Dally M winner who is consistent ALL year. The likes of Smith in 06, Orford in 08, JT in 05 and 07 instead of this Carney and Hayne jizz shit.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru


Posts : 2276

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:26 am

Good work Toddy. Too bad you had to be a fucking moron and leave the Raiders and then go to shit team like the Roosters
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

Posts : 2372
Age : 25
Location : Sydney Reputation: █ █ █ █ █

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 am

Obviously you cowboy fans get upset over anything that doesn't go over to your way.
Carney deserved that award, most awards like Dally M and this award are awarded to players with some individidual brilliance and big game breakers, and clearly Carney was the main one this year. Explain to me who was as good as Carney this year in terms of individual brilliance and pulling tricks out of the hat? Well deserved and good on the bloke for making such a come back. Its all for the better of league.

Anyways time for some other business. LEWIS you champion. From taking out Penrith player of the year, Dally M Lock of the year and now - International Lock of the year. What a year he has and his currently my favourite player.( Would change my name if i was bothered Very Happy ) If he continues on like this next year, don't worry about others cos this kid will win dally M
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:44 am

Jenko wrote:
Obviously you cowboy fans get upset over anything that doesn't go over to your way.
Carney deserved that award, most awards like Dally M and this award are awarded to players with some individidual brilliance and big game breakers, and clearly Carney was the main one this year. Explain to me who was as good as Carney this year in terms of individual brilliance and pulling tricks out of the hat? Well deserved and good on the bloke for making such a come back. Its all for the better of league.

Anyways time for some other business. LEWIS you champion. From taking out Penrith player of the year, Dally M Lock of the year and now - International Lock of the year. What a year he has and his currently my favourite player.( Would change my name if i was bothered Very Happy ) If he continues on like this next year, don't worry about others cos this kid will win dally M

Wow, yeah, I'm like all so cut here sitting in the corner crying my ass off. Or maybe it's the absolutely dumb, stupid comments made by 80% of the members here.

Isn't obvious to anyone that this is all shit trying to show how the NRL is good at bringing back people from adversity? Todd Carney all of the sudden gets everything going his way, absolutely everything. The fact he won the International Player of the Year award is an absolute fucking joke. I would go to such lengths that Benji Marshall deserves it more then Todd Carney, even someone like Darius Boyd or Jamie Soward. But no, we must give it to Todd Carney just to complete this perfect fairytale....
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru


Posts : 2276

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:46 am

Jenko wrote:
Obviously you cowboy fans get upset over anything that doesn't go over to your way.

Theres only one Cowboy fan in here getting upset brother
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:52 am

Don't know about this......

He's obviously not the best player in the league, but was very good this season.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru


Posts : 2276

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:59 am

The credibility of these awards take a massive blow though when they name Tony Archer (co-)Ref of the year
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

Posts : 10656
Age : 25
Location : Brisbane QLD

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:04 am

Brenton... stop.

Todd was brilliant this year, that is why he won the Dally M medal. Why he was named International player of the year, why he was named the 5/8 of the year in the NRL and International 5/8 of the year. Saying that it is just to show that the NRL can bring people back from adversity is just stupid imo.

As for Luke Lewis. Absolutely rapped Very Happy I always loved him when he was playing in the centre for us, and then when he first moved to Lock I thought this could end well or end badly for us. Ever since he moved to lock though he has been absolutely brilliant. So happy for Luke himself, he has worked so bloody hard to change his game to suit playing as a lock Very Happy

Well done to all the winners here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:03 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Brenton... stop.

Todd was brilliant this year, that is why he won the Dally M medal. Why he was named International player of the year, why he was named the 5/8 of the year in the NRL and International 5/8 of the year. Saying that it is just to show that the NRL can bring people back from adversity is just stupid imo.

As for Luke Lewis. Absolutely rapped Very Happy I always loved him when he was playing in the centre for us, and then when he first moved to Lock I thought this could end well or end badly for us. Ever since he moved to lock though he has been absolutely brilliant. So happy for Luke himself, he has worked so bloody hard to change his game to suit playing as a lock Very Happy

Well done to all the winners here Smile

And the likes of Scott Prince, Darius Boyd, Jamie Soward and Benji Marshall weren't? Or even your man Luke Lewis?

please...

The Dally M is a farce anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Carnage best in the World!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carnage best in the World!!   Carnage best in the World!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Carnage best in the World!!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com