Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?

Go down 

Yes
Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Vote_lcap22%Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
No
Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Vote_lcap50%Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Sack the Dog
Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Vote_lcap28%Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Empty
PostSubject: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:23 am

Obviously the situation involving Monaghan has brought the Raiders and the NRL into the spotlight once again for the wrong reasons but do you think it is enough for the Raiders to sack him from the club.

I thought i would put it to the experienced personnel of TFW to have your say. I recently have seen a vote with 52% saying that he should be sacked and thats with a total of 6500 people who have voted.

So what do you think? and if he were to be sacked where would he go?
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 am

I think Monaghan already sacked the dog
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:31 am

Brad wrote:
I think Monaghan already sacked the dog

hahaha i actually laughed at that one Razz
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:38 am

It's a tough situation. Sure, what he did was disgraceful but at the end of the day it was just a stupid drunk prank. I'm a bit 50-50 on this issue. Would be funny to see the banners and jokes that come around next time the Raiders play the Doggies if he was to stay in the NRL.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 am

I think his position in the game is untenable at the moment. He'll never live it down here, or NZ, and prob even Eng.. His best bet is to finish off his career in Japan or France..
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 am

Okay, The NRL are absolute spastics for not taking action towards the media cycle of this incident.

Protecting the kids from something like this should be the first priority to lessen the damage Joel Monaghan may of caused from what happened.

"Today Joel Monaghan engaged in sexual orientation with a dog"...

You may as well tell any 12 year old kid with a dirty mind exactly what happened or show them the f**king picture, because he will realise there is only one of 3 possible things that could of happened.

The Photo is still available for viewing on the Internet still in several different locations, How is that protecting children?.

The NRL, Rugby League Commision needed all media types to sign an exclusivity agreement (similar to what they did regarding any information released to the media regarding to the Independant Comission) so that the details of the incident weren't released to the general public to the capacity it has.

The Photo being shared around on social networking sites can't be action to make sure the damage to the game and the entirely the fault of the NRL, but the NRL's job here is to take immediate action and taking the necessary steps for very little information regarding the incident be exposed, obviously some people would of seen the photo before anyone could do anything about it. But it would of reduced the spectacle of it all.

This is being blown out of complete and utter proportion, This is no different to the Nate Myles incident, a vile incident while fuelled with alchohol, I don't think It's THAT bad, I really don't, It's something you'd see or hear about on American Pie, Completely stupid and yes, crude...But There is other major things to worry about...ASSAULT!, SEXUAL ASSAULT!,
Crimes where NRL players are at fault or involved in an incident where another human being has been physically assaulted and mentally ridiculed.

Was anybody physically or mentally hurt in all of this?, Hello, It's a dog it doesn't know between right and wrong, No physical damage was done to the dog, RSPCA may jump up and down about it and it's completely understand that, But I'd definately see someone being seriously assaulted more chance or liable to be terminated from the NRL for life.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:58 am

dogs have feelings too

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 2:44 am

It was a stupid, disgusting thing to do but no he shouldn't be sacked. He's paying the price already.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:03 am

Monaghan expresses remorse over photo

Source: BigPond SportDisgraced Canberra centre Joel Monaghan has expressed remorse and disgust after a photograph of him simulating a sex act with a dog was published on the internet.Monaghan's NRL career was in tatters on Thursday night after the former Test centre admitted to being the man at the centre of an alcohol fuelled prank which went horribly wrong at the Raiders' Mad Monday end of season drinks last month.The photograph had done the email rounds before being published on social networking site Twitter on Wednesday.'Joel can't blame anyone but himself for an act of stupidity that will haunt him for the rest of his life,' Monaghan's manager Jim Banaghan said in a statement.'Joel wants to make it clear that he was the one playing a prank on an absent teammate by simulating the act.'There are no words of explanation that can be offered because none can be appropriate.'Joel has to now face his family as well as fans and supporters with that shame and has already undergone counselling to help him cope with the consequences of what has happened.'It was a moment of abject stupidity brought about by too much drink and a complete lack of any thought process.'The fact that someone has sought to compound the situation further by the use of social media only adds to the trauma, but Joel accepts that it is his actions alone that are at fault.'He apologises unreservedly for the outrage that people feel at the moment and blames nobody but himself.'He will meet the club over the issue and accepts that there must be ramifications but the fact is he is not in a fit emotional state to have those discussions at the moment.'Joel is a genuinely good person who is simply shattered by a moment of sheer madness.'--------Wasnt real.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:36 am

What wasn't real?
Back to top Go down
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 am

They shouldn't even let him play in NRL at all
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:50 am

Fox sports reports that he'll be sacked as early as Monday as sponsors are threatening to walk away.. I'm on my iPod so don't have a link
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 am

I'll vote sack the dog for the lolz.

In all seriousness monaghan will be getting sacked
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:02 pm

I really feel sorry for the bloke, he looks like a nice guy but what his done is.. just all over the top. I am disgusted. He will be sacked for sure, and we won't be seeing him anymore
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:22 am

He could potentially sue couldnt he. Canberra is the only state that allows this stuff. He didnt break the law. He is gross tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Raiders sack Monaghan?   Should the Raiders sack Monaghan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com