Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Suncorp

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Posts : 1313
Age : 32
Location : Gold Coast

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Queens Park wrote:
no great loss.

Yeah no great loss.ust the premier rugby league stadium in the world.
Despite how much I like suncorp, thats hardly a compelling argument lol.

Thats not an argument. It's a factual statment.
It really isn't. They don't even play the final there. Now that's fact, not a mere opinion lol.

And considering Bugger all of the world play league, its hardly difficult to be a premier rugby league stadium.

The only reason they dont play the final at suncorp is because there to big headed in nsw to let the grand final be moved away from sydney. Most big test matches and most 4 nations final are held at suncorp because it is the best league stadium in the world and just because alot of nations dont play league still doesnt take away from the fact it's the best in the world.
If it was the premium stadium it would hold the final, like any other sport. AFL has mcg, British football has Wembley, so on and so forth.. we could go all day.

Are you seriously clueless? As I said the only reason they wont take the grand final away from Sydney is because the deluded fools in Sydney still havent grasped the fact that it is now the natinal rugby league and not the new south wales rugby league anymore so they wont allow it to be moved interstate. If you think Telstra stadium or what ever they call it these days is the best league stadium in Australia you've never been there.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

Posts : 14071
Age : 776
Location : Adelaide Mate Winner of: Best AFLMG Coach

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:38 pm

afl = australian football league and gf is in melbourne every year.....if it was in adelaide would be appalling even though i'm from adelaide profits are down and it just doesn't make sense.

gf should be in biggest stadium.
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

Posts : 754
Age : 26
Location : Queensland

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:00 pm

An all Queensland final should be held at Suncorp. Other than that it makes sense to keep it where the biggest statium is.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Posts : 1313
Age : 32
Location : Gold Coast

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:11 pm

Queens Park wrote:
afl = australian football league and gf is in melbourne every year.....if it was in adelaide would be appalling even though i'm from adelaide profits are down and it just doesn't make sense.

gf should be in biggest stadium.

Being the biggest doesnt make it the best.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Posts : 5888
Age : 30
Location : Eagle Farm Racecourse

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 pm

as much as suncorp is a better stadium, i would leave it in the bigger stadium otherwise 30,000 more people miss out on an unbelievable experience. I agree with jack that if an all qld final was to be played it should be up here.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

Posts : 3774
Age : 29
Location : Qld

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 6:25 am

Suncorp is the best stadium, it's just not big enough..
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Queens Park wrote:
no great loss.

Yeah no great loss.ust the premier rugby league stadium in the world.
Despite how much I like suncorp, thats hardly a compelling argument lol.

Thats not an argument. It's a factual statment.
It really isn't. They don't even play the final there. Now that's fact, not a mere opinion lol.

And considering Bugger all of the world play league, its hardly difficult to be a premier rugby league stadium.

The only reason they dont play the final at suncorp is because there to big headed in nsw to let the grand final be moved away from sydney. Most big test matches and most 4 nations final are held at suncorp because it is the best league stadium in the world and just because alot of nations dont play league still doesnt take away from the fact it's the best in the world.
If it was the premium stadium it would hold the final, like any other sport. AFL has mcg, British football has Wembley, so on and so forth.. we could go all day.

Are you seriously clueless? As I said the only reason they wont take the grand final away from Sydney is because the deluded fools in Sydney still havent grasped the fact that it is now the natinal rugby league and not the new south wales rugby league anymore so they wont allow it to be moved interstate. If you think Telstra stadium or what ever they call it these days is the best league stadium in Australia you've never been there.
Haha this bloke has no idea.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru


Posts : 2276

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:12 am

Suncorp > Any other league stadium
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

Posts : 754
Age : 26
Location : Queensland

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:15 am

Yeah, there is no better RL stadium. Seems like you're the one with no idea Styletix.
What stadium do you think is better?
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

Posts : 3822
Age : 28

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 pm

suncorp is the best. but not the biggest. clearly why it's in sydney
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:29 pm

jackcf_93 wrote:
Yeah, there is no better RL stadium. Seems like you're the one with no idea Styletix.
What stadium do you think is better?

Lol do people honestly think the argument is about what's the better stadium? Whoever does should really hold their heads in shame. Anyone with half a brain would realise otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru


Posts : 2276

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:49 pm

Ok.

Suncorp is better than any other league stadium and is the premier league stadium


Last edited by Brad on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

Posts : 754
Age : 26
Location : Queensland

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Queens Park wrote:
no great loss.

Yeah no great loss. Just the premier rugby league stadium in the world.
Despite how much I like suncorp, thats hardly a compelling argument lol.

Thats not an argument. It's a factual statment.
It really isn't. They don't even play the final there. Now that's fact, not a mere opinion lol.

And considering Bugger all of the world play league, its hardly difficult to be a premier rugby league stadium.

The only reason they dont play the final at suncorp is because there to big headed in nsw to let the grand final be moved away from sydney. Most big test matches and most 4 nations final are held at suncorp because it is the best league stadium in the world and just because alot of nations dont play league still doesnt take away from the fact it's the best in the world.
If it was the premium stadium it would hold the final, like any other sport. AFL has mcg, British football has Wembley, so on and so forth.. we could go all day.

Are you seriously clueless? As I said the only reason they wont take the grand final away from Sydney is because the deluded fools in Sydney still havent grasped the fact that it is now the natinal rugby league and not the new south wales rugby league anymore so they wont allow it to be moved interstate. If you think Telstra stadium or what ever they call it these days is the best league stadium in Australia you've never been there.
Haha this bloke has no idea.
I don't want to seem abrasive I still think it's you who has no clue mate.
You both argue about whether or not Suncorp is the best RL stadium and as I can see from what I've underlined you both have different opinons. Are you trying to tell me that you are not debating whether Suncorp is the premier stadium?
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Suncorp is my favourite stadium in the country and is great for league, but again that's missing the point. Anyway hopefully its back up running again soon so I can get more work.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:03 pm

jackcf_93 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Queens Park wrote:
no great loss.

Yeah no great loss. Just the premier rugby league stadium in the world.
Despite how much I like suncorp, thats hardly a compelling argument lol.

Thats not an argument. It's a factual statment.
It really isn't. They don't even play the final there. Now that's fact, not a mere opinion lol.

And considering Bugger all of the world play league, its hardly difficult to be a premier rugby league stadium.

The only reason they dont play the final at suncorp is because there to big headed in nsw to let the grand final be moved away from sydney. Most big test matches and most 4 nations final are held at suncorp because it is the best league stadium in the world and just because alot of nations dont play league still doesnt take away from the fact it's the best in the world.
If it was the premium stadium it would hold the final, like any other sport. AFL has mcg, British football has Wembley, so on and so forth.. we could go all day.

Are you seriously clueless? As I said the only reason they wont take the grand final away from Sydney is because the deluded fools in Sydney still havent grasped the fact that it is now the natinal rugby league and not the new south wales rugby league anymore so they wont allow it to be moved interstate. If you think Telstra stadium or what ever they call it these days is the best league stadium in Australia you've never been there.
Haha this bloke has no idea.
I don't want to seem abrasive I still think it's you who has no clue mate.
You both argue about whether or not Suncorp is the best RL stadium and as I can see from what I've underlined you both have different opinons. Are you trying to tell me that you are not debating whether Suncorp is the premier stadium?
I'm not tryin to tell you anything mate and I really Cbf going over it again for those who are struggling to keep up. You may have a diff opinion to me, let's leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Posts : 10316
Age : 30
Location : Brisssyyyyyy

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Back on topic - the water has all gone.
The pitch just looks atrocious now but thats an easy fix. Hopefully its back up and running soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

Posts : 754
Age : 26
Location : Queensland

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Back on topic - the water has all gone.
The pitch just looks atrocious now but thats an easy fix. Hopefully its back up and running soon.
Do you think it will be ready for the Roar's next game?
I'm sure it will be fine for the NRL season opener. If not would it go to Townsville (swapping with the other game) or another Brisbane stadium?
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Moderator
Beckham

Posts : 5742
Age : 30
Location : QLD

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:05 pm

The argument was where the GF should be held not which stadium was better yeah? Anyway my opinion Suncorp clearly the best League Stadium in Aus but the GF is held in Sydney due to revenue purposes, pretty sure that's what Styletix was saying if not i'm sorry.. Wouldn't hurt to share the GF around every now and again though even if it does produce a loss it'll be great for the game here in QLD..

As for Suncorp and the Roar pretty sure all our home games in the meantime have been moved to Gold Coast? If not i apologise but it's massive to lose a home advantage even if we are only moving down the road. Everyone will agree that if we get through this period and take out the Title no doubt we are the best team in the A-Leagues history.. I hope it doesn't effect us.

_________________
RIP Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Beckham wrote:
The argument was where the GF should be held not which stadium was better yeah? Anyway my opinion Suncorp clearly the best League Stadium in Aus but the GF is held in Sydney due to revenue purposes, pretty sure that's what Styletix was saying if not i'm sorry.. Wouldn't hurt to share the GF around every now and again though even if it does produce a loss it'll be great for the game here in QLD..

As for Suncorp and the Roar pretty sure all our home games in the meantime have been moved to Gold Coast? If not i apologise but it's massive to lose a home advantage even if we are only moving down the road. Everyone will agree that if we get through this period and take out the Title no doubt we are the best team in the A-Leagues history.. I hope it doesn't effect us.
Spot on mate. And I'd be bloody stoked to see the final up here. A sold out Broncos v Dragons final at Suncorp would be amazing for me personally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Suncorp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suncorp   Suncorp - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Suncorp
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com