Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

I need a team......

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
neil21
Guru
neil21

I need a team...... Empty
PostSubject: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:34 am

I try to catch as many NFL games as possible and also the scores
And I half understand what's going on
And I want to get into it more, but I don't have a team to follow.
So could people give the pros and cons of some teams to help in my decision, I have a very open mind as I've never felt the need to have s team but now I do if I wanna get into NFL more
Thanks
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 am

It's all about what you like to see, if you want teams with exciting offense you would look for the New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay Packers or New Orelans Saints. If you want a team with an awesome defence you would look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets or Chicago Bears.

You should just try watching a few teams games next season and see what happens Smile
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:11 am

go on the NFL site and see team logos or our fav U.S city, or if you like a Basketball team, go for a team in the same state or city and just get used to the players and stuff...just ideas.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:20 am

I took the two teams I supported in the NRL and NBA and put them together to choose my team a few years back. The DALLAS Mavericks and the North Queensland COWBOYS.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:18 am

Yeah DB went steelers i think due to Illawarra steelers and being a team closest to the dragons
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 am

Right I'll have a look at all team names
I watch games but I'm too concerned trying to completely work out what's going on to really take notice of teams
Now I have a greater handle on things I'll pick a team
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:20 am

Well you go for Orlando in the NBA yeah? They're a team from Florida so I'd pick a team probably from there. Either the Dolphins, Buccaneers or Jaguars.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:47 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Well you go for Orlando in the NBA yeah? They're a team from Florida so I'd pick a team probably from there. Either the Dolphins, Buccaneers or Jaguars.

WELCOME TO MIAMI...
I need a team...... Mdc1_2
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

liam_bombers wrote:
WELCOME TO MIAMI...

No wonder you guys couldn't win at home this season!! Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:39 am

Dont be fooled, its also riddled with senior citizens
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 am

liam_bombers wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:

WELCOME TO MIAMI...
Only thing Miami is good at. Because their football team is shit.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 am

Miami have potential to do good things, they just can't seem to do it.
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:31 pm

Brad wrote:
Dont be fooled, its also riddled with senior citizens

And with hot, hot latinas cheers

*cue drool*
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
Miami have potential to do good things, they just can't seem to do it.

Hopefully if we get a new qb that will help us click because henne is useless.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:06 pm

ive had a quick look, ill have more of a look tonight. Ive knocked out a few teams which is good Laughing
Hopefully I can narrow it down to 5 and then I may need some more help
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 am

Da Bears
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:41 am

ok I have had a look at most teams, and through a process of elimantion I have got it down to
San Diego Chargers
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans

so any help from here?
Back to top Go down
CHORUS
Guru
CHORUS

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 am

Seattle Seahawks

Dunno why, I just like Seattle teams...Sonics....sigh
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:19 am

neil21 wrote:
ok I have had a look at most teams, and through a process of elimantion I have got it down to
San Diego Chargers
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans

so any help from here?

a_f_c likes the colts, Sparky likes the Jaguars.

Seattle are in the playoffs which might be a good way to go. Chargers have potential and the players but lack big time plays and can't seem to win when they are supposed to.

That leaves the Texans who are quite good on both sides of the ball but are in a tough division with the Colts, Jaguars and Titans.

if i was you, id be flipping between Chargers, Seahawks and Texans. actually maybe Chargers and Texans so you can get used to the bigger names of the sport and we will have a user who doesnt share the same team.

Chargers big names: Phillip Rivers, Ryan Mathews, Quentin Jammer, Antonio Gates and to lesser extents Vincent Jackson and Darren Sproles who are unrestricted Free Agents.

Texans: Matt Schaub, Arian Foster, Owen Daniels, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Steve Slaton, Brian Cushing

Thats my opinion anyway
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm

Im leaning towards the Chargers but ill do a little more investigating tonight for a final decision
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:20 pm

read up on Wiki, tells you about past and present.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 am

I have chosen the San Diego Chargers, thank you everybody for their help
Im really hoping I can be a regular NFL poster from here on, now that I have a team to support fully
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:44 am

get on the saints bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 am

TGBY wrote:
get on the saints bandwagon.

TGBY speaks the truth Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:03 am

neil21 wrote:
I have chosen the San Diego Chargers, thank you everybody for their help
Im really hoping I can be a regular NFL poster from here on, now that I have a team to support fully

Damn, I was gonna say go for the Jaguars.

Ah well, good decision anyway. I like the Chargers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a team......   I need a team...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a team......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com