Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Empty
PostSubject: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 am

There was an "alleged" incident concerning a South Sydney player being disorderly towards the bar staff at a pub and was quoted ""I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up,"

It's a big concern to the well being of the club's reputation and the logo has been used.

A couple of points.

-Obviously should it of happened, That player would most likely been shown the door (big doubt though)
-News limited as gone off a massive limb to to report this, while the report may have some legs it's a massive risk which leads this to the next point.
- A defamation case is certainly a possibility against the media heirachy, serious allegation against the club and it's proven to be false then there is no reason why Souths shouldn't consider legal action

There has been numerous phone calls between souths insiders and that is the first they've heard of the ordeal.

99% of News Limiteds story twists biast against South Sydney aren't true at all. or are worded negatively

It's a massive occurance and It would be largely discussed by now you would think if there was any truth to the rumour.

Last edited by Thehattrickrabbit on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:54 am

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
biast
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 am

Probably sandow, sounds like something he would do
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:33 am

Definitely Sandow
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 am

AN alarming story has appeared on an unofficial South Sydney website claiming a drunk and foul-mouthed Rabbitohs star recently threatened a Surry Hills publican after being asked to leave.

"I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up," the player is alleged to have said.

We alerted Souths boss Shane Richardson to the story on a rebel Rabbitohs facebook site as soon as the story came to our attention on Friday.

"Hadn't seen it until you pointed it out. First I have heard about it. I take no notice of this mob. If I have any facts I would check it out. Thanks."

The story appeared on the website under the heading: "Trouble At Central."

"One of our NRL players caused a scene at a hotel near Central recently. Drunk and losing on the poker machines, the player became loud and foul-mouthed. The publican asked him nicely to leave, but this was met with abuse.

"Moments later, this time with several security guards handy, the player was again asked to leave.

"The player then said: 'I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up'. The player was lucky that the publican is a kind man and also an NRL fan. He explained to the player that he would find himself in a lot of trouble with Souths, the NRL and the media if he didn't immediately leave quietly.

"The publican told him that he didn't want to ruin the player's career. He just wanted him to leave the hotel without any more trouble. Luckily that's what the player did."

Souths and the NRL will investigate the incident if the anonymous author is prepared to provide information.

Rebel Rabbitohs?? Rothfield and Wilson?? Enough said really..
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Rothfield and Wilson?? Enough said really..
This. I cannot stand either of these morons. Disgraceful excuses for journalists and hypocrites of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am

The fact that it's a rumour about an anonymous player, at an anonymous pub about 5 weeks ago, started by a website that has a history of total B.S about the club should of told them that they should of done some research before even putting it to print.. I'm not saying it's not true just that it's all baseless speculation from a crappy website printed in a crappy newspaper..
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm

THE South Sydney Rabbitohs have confirmed halfback Chris Sandow is the player we exposed in last week's column who threatened a Sydney publican when asked to leave for foul and abusive behaviour after a long session of drinking and gambling.

It turns out the incident occurred at the Pavilion Hotel on George St in August, when Sandow is alleged to have told the hotel manager and security staff: "I'm coming back with my mates and plenty of guns to fix you bastards up."

After denying knowledge of the story last week, Souths CEO Shane Richardson has now confirmed Sandow was heavily fined over the incident on August 20.

"When you first pointed it out to me, I thought it must have been something that had happened recently because this thing with Chris happened in August and we dealt with it at the time," Richardson said. "I won't say how much he was fined because that's between the player and the club, but I can assure you it was very heavy."

We're told Sandow had been drinking heavily and was angry after losing a considerable amount of money on poker machines.

It's understood the publican made the decision not to alert police and instead raised the issue with Souths.

Sandow confirmed an incident took place in a series of quotes he emailed us through Rabbitohs media man Jeremy Monaghan.

"The incident was several months ago and I acknowledge now, as I did then, that my behaviour and some of the things I said were unacceptable," he said.

"While I didn't say exactly what was suggested, those involved understand there was no malice behind what I did say, and I understand that being a Rabbitohs player carries with it certain responsibilities and I let the club and the NRL down ...

"I immediately moved to correct the situation with the hotel's staff and owner, as well as Shane Richardson, and took the punishment handed to me on the chin. I've learnt a valuable lesson and will represent myself and the club in a better manner now and in the future."
___________________________________________________________________________________

5 months ago!!!!.. News Ltd, Rothfield and Wilson all with their fingers on the pulse of the game.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm

jtm91 wrote:
well your spot on Wink
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Holy Grail wrote:
jtm91 wrote:
well your spot on Wink

too easy. the guys a dirty khunt
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Well we can't all support a club where 2 players take a woman into the toilets while a 3rd films it.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:38 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Well we can't all support a club where 2 players take a woman into the toilets while a 3rd films it.. Neutral

Wow, what a surprise, you brought up the story that was never proven to be true.

Good job Thumbleft
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 2:47 pm

The sexual assault case was dropped but the incident was admitted to by the club and players..
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 am

gettin some compared to threatening people with guns is a wee bit different.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 am

jtm91 wrote:
gettin some compared to threatening people with guns is a wee bit different.

He didn't threaten them with guns.. He made an of the cuff remark to sound tough while on the piss.. Everyones said something while drunk but they don't actually mean it.. And obviously the guy didn't take it to seriously or he would have called the cops. Instead he just asked again and Sandow left with out having to be dragged out.. Then the manager alerted the club to which they dealt with in house like 100's of other incidents that go unreported.. I'm not condoning what Sandow did. He shouldn't have put himself in that position in the first place. My gripe is with Daily Telegraph dragging up a nothing story from 5 months ago without actually doing their own investigating, instead relying on a facebook post from a group of people who have their own agenda against the club..

Last edited by RED&GREEN4EVA on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 am

probably passed out and got dragged to the gutter
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:34 am

both as bad as each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)   Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun threat at Pub (Souths player alleged)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com