Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Super 15 Predictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rego
Professional
Rego

Super 15 Predictions  Empty
PostSubject: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Hurricanes
Yes I'm a Wellingtonian and I support the boys in black and yellow but I always have that funny feeling in my stomach that the Canes might not do good. I don't feel the Canes will win the comp I say this because there's a lot of strong teams and it's not like the ITM Cup where the lions should have won at least one by now as there's very few teams that should be able to beat them. The Super 15 is different. I'm hopeful though....but I feel 4th or something like that is on the cards and we really shouldn't be disappointed with that.

Highlanders
Meh - I doubt they'll do much good this season like always. They might cause a few upsets here and there but I really don't think they'll do that well.

Crusaders
I hope they fail - just like their game against the Reds but in reality I reckon they'll be up there with the top.

Chiefs
They're a middle of the table team that could go higher than the middle but unlikely to go lower. A good team and I think they have a good chance of winning a few however I doubt they'll come first.

Blues
A very strong team this season. They'll be up there with the best or miserably fail. I think a few key games between the Saders and Canes could prove their fate.

Should be a good season for New Zealand teams in my mind minus the Highlanders. I think the Highlanders will be good to watch however - fast rugby.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Australian Conference:

1. Reds
2. Brumbies
3. Waratahs
4. Force
5. Rebels

New Zealand Conference:

1. Blues
2. Hurricanes
3. Crusaders
4. Chiefs
5. Highlanders

South African Conference:

1. Bulls
2. Stormers
3. Sharks
4. Lions
5. Cheetahs

Champions: Bulls (Reds Razz )
Runner-Up: Blues

Expecting the NZ Conference to be tightly contested. Really like the Blues side, expecting them to do good things this season... but wouldn't be surprised if the Canes or Saders finish first in NZ. The Bulls should once again be the team to beat imo, with the Stormers and Sharks to battle it out for second spot in SA. As for the Aussie Conference, really expecting the Reds to build on last years performance.

Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:35 pm

If Crusaders don't rest their ABs I reckon they'll win it for sure.

Franks
Flynn
Franks
Thorn
Whitelock
Whitelock
McCaw
Read
Ellis
Carter
Guildford
SBW
Fruean
Maitland
Dagg

Only 2 players without ABs experience and one of them is Robbie Fruean who was awesome in the ITM Cup last year and I expect similar form from him in this Super comp.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:03 am

Panthers wrote:

New Zealand Conference:

1. Blues
2. Hurricanes
3. Crusaders
4. Chiefs
5. Highlanders

Thats a big call P'rus, you picking Saders to finish 3rd in the NZ conference?

I've been a long suffering Blues fan for some time and while I agree they once again look good on paper, the teams not that different to last years to be honest. Braid and (hopefully) Ali Williams are the only notable differences. Albeit significant ones.

I'm still hoping the boys enjoy a bit of luck on the injury front and have a good season, but gees its hard to go past that Crusaders lineup. They had arguably the best pack of last years comp but were handicapped a bit with a lack of genuine firepower out wide.

But with the addition of Williams and Dagg, its hard to identify a weakness really. As hendo pointed out, only Fruean and Maitland lack AB experience, but both of them had big ITM seasons and surely are AB's-in-waiting anyway.

I honestly think the only thing stopping them from at least topping the NZ conference will be injuries.

Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Australian Conference:

1. Reds
2. Waratahs
3. Brumbies
4. Rebels
5. Force

New Zealand Conference:

1. Hurricanes
2. Crusaders
3. Blues
4. Chiefs
5. Highlanders

South African Conference:

1. Bulls
2. Stormers
3. Sharks
4. Lions
5. Cheetahs

Champions: Bulls

i guess this is the first season i been 110% interested in super 15
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:03 am

lol - that wasn't me making that prediction 40/20 Very Happy

Nah I'd pick the NZ conference to be Crusaders, Blues, Chiefs, Canes, Highlanders.

As much as I'm a fervent Canes fan they just have a huge air of vulnerability about them, especially in their depth. 2 key people who are really unknown quantities are Cruden and Hammett - now if both of them really step up and bring some magic in, then the Canes have the firepower to go top. If Cruden fails there's nothing behind him, we're already without Weepu and Lowe for 2 months and their backups are a step below. A full strength Canes backline would be the envy of any international team - but immediately behind them is a gaping void of talent down to the next level. Injuries, loss of form or suspensions (coughnonucough) would prove incredibly costly.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:21 am

Pantherus wrote:
lol - that wasn't me making that prediction 40/20 Very Happy

Nah I'd pick the NZ conference to be Crusaders, Blues, Chiefs, Canes, Highlanders.

As much as I'm a fervent Canes fan they just have a huge air of vulnerability about them, especially in their depth. 2 key people who are really unknown quantities are Cruden and Hammett - now if both of them really step up and bring some magic in, then the Canes have the firepower to go top. If Cruden fails there's nothing behind him, we're already without Weepu and Lowe for 2 months and their backups are a step below. A full strength Canes backline would be the envy of any international team - but immediately behind them is a gaping void of talent down to the next level. Injuries, loss of form or suspensions (coughnonucough) would prove incredibly costly.

Ooops, sorry mate.... I was viewing that on my iphone last night and the small screen obviously didnt help. Thats my excuse anyway... lol

I feel your pain on the depth issue.

Although with the Blues its more with the forwards. We have an all AB tight five, but if like last year we have a few injuries, the next level of players just arent up to it.

Boric and Williams for instance make a very strong locking pair, but if either one falls over, we have someone like Haiu. Honest player, but not someone I'd like facing Matfield and Botha at altitude in Pretoria.

The second tier of backs looks reasonable though. I'd pick McAlister and Ranger to be the starting midfielders but behind them are the two Stanley boys and Stowers looks as an exciting wing prospect to put pressure on Rokocoko and Payne. With Toeava able to cover anywhere from 12 outwards, Lam should have plenty of options if needed.

But having said that, the boys really need consistent gametime to build some combinations. We were just all over the show last year when people kept getting injured, so hopefully we have some luck on that front.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:59 am

Yeah definitely Smile

Blues backline is actually really hard to pick where whoever misses out would be unlucky...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super 15 Predictions    Super 15 Predictions  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super 15 Predictions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com