Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Dugan or Hayne

Go down 

Who do you prefer?
Hayne
Dugan or Hayne Vote_lcap31%Dugan or Hayne Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Dugan
Dugan or Hayne Vote_lcap69%Dugan or Hayne Vote_rcap
 69% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 pm

There is a firey argument on another forum regarding this that dates back to last year sometime and it's 22 pages long, after tonight's MOTM performance from Dugan it's opened up again with Dugan backers pleading his dominance over Jarryd Hayne.

I for one am firmly on the Dugan side. From his debut he's shown improvement from every game he's played. This will be his third year in the NRL. strong first season which should of got him ROTY over Idris (bit of a disgrace that call imho). and got himself selection in the Kangaroos Train-On Squad in 2010 after a season which delivered 20 line-breaks and the most metres gained and tackle breaks by anyone in the NRL for the second successive season.

From Hayne's perspective, He is one of the most elusive think on the spot type players I've seen. When he is on he is really on and can display superhuman like tendencies and he is only a player with skill and skill only, He is no fullback. He is a John Sutton type with all the talent in the world but lacks the fundamentals of that position, Hayne officially is the worst positional play fullback in the NRL, I was watching origin last year and he got absolutely swamped and i don't recall one time in that origin series where he was in the right place at the right time to defuse a situation or have strong enough reflexes to defuse the situation. Hayne's actually tackling in defence also isn't the strongest I've seen from a fullback.

Josh Dugan; Tonight he showed veteran like status in his positional play, defused two very grim pre-scenario situations in a big game. Josh Dugan also doesn't have to pull out magic tricks to make breaks, He does it with his fundamental running game, acceleration and fend. I find Dugan's support play is much better then Hayne's.

Dugan's improved from day dot to present while Hayne's career has been a rollercoaster, Starred heavily in the Nathan Merritt year of 2006 and then 07 and 08 went missing (ala Krisnan Inu), played out of his skin in 2009 and then had a reduced year in 2010.

And one of the finer points is, you can easily relate Canberra to Parramatta both are highly promising clubs that just fail to deliver on too many occasions which see them fail to miss the eight, and I feel Josh Dugan is as consistent as they come with his individual game, always a strong kick returner and good in back play. always will bring a solid game to the table bare minimum.

Dugan is a fullback, I am not so sure Hayne is. Hayne is full of potential but maybe he doesn't quite know how to use it or have the skill to assert himself to a particular position on a consistent basis.

In the past I've seen Hayne play numerous positions, shown his class or what not but there has always been basic fundamental mistakes in his game that he has lacked of what is needed of him in a particular role he played in respective points on the field.

The Problem with Hayne is he shows up with true class five games a season and doesn't seem to hold form for very long spurts. Dugan is always one of the Raiders best even in abysmal efforts i've seen. A generally errorless player.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:46 am

I'd have to agree with everything you said mate. Would just like to add how impressed I have been with Dugans toughness. He got absolutely smashed sometimes last year when he was putting his body on the line giving 100% whether it was returning a kick, taking a bomb or making a try saving tackle and I don't think I ever saw him back down or go missing.

Can't wait to see where this kid goes over the next couple years. Could end up being one of the best in the NRL.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 am

Slater

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:13 pm

Hayne on his day is an absolute freak. With more consistency he would without doubt be one of the best players in the league.

However after a somewhat break out season he is resting on his name alone. He can be utter garbage at times and imo is a complete waste of god given talent. The msg from rugby league fans everywhere is for him to work his socks off, pull his fucking head in and prove his class once and for all.

For now, Dugan over Hayne.
Back to top Go down
DUB
Guru
DUB

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:21 pm

as much as it pains me, i think i prefer dugan at fullback, purely on the fact he's a more complete fullback, and turns up only a couple of times a season...

but on his day, hayne is the best player in the league, where i dont think dugan has that limit, at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Dugan is obviously going to be a star. The problem with Jarryd is as everyone says, his inconsistincies.. if he played like that for 26 weeks then well, he'd be one of the best players of the modern era, but he doesn't.
Dugan is more of a complete fullback, whereas Hayne he is like a half in attack but his positional play is woeful.
Fullback isn't his position, that's what I think but he can't really be put anywhere else.
I prefer Dugan I think.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Dugan is better by far, he positions himself better on the field, he doesnt show off or try to do tricky bullshit, he is a top class full-back, Hayne is not a fullback, he can't even play wing right in Origin.

but the main reason that Dugan is a better all-round player...he plays for his team, Hayne plays for himself.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Dugan should be the NSW fullback. Hayne is a freak but way too inconsistant. Good start to 2011 for Dugan let's hope he can keep it up
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 pm

dugan is a great young FB and he to me is more consistent than hayne

hayne seems to have too many games where he goes missing and he used to have a big problem with his positional play in the backfield.

so dugan gets it for just being that little more consistent
Back to top Go down
Eels47
Trainee
Eels47

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:16 am

Hayne > Dugan for me
1. lets not muck around i'm a biased eels supporter lol Razz

2. Dugan actually had 1 competent player in the halves last year eels had none

3. Hayne was our only option in attack 2010 and after 2009 the team relied on him alot

4. because of point 3 Hayne is a more complete player, he can play at 5/8 on the wing or
fullback

5. Dugan had an oppertunity to show how "great" he is by carrying the raiders when campese went down but failed

6. Hayne is capable of carrying his team when no one else steps up he showed it in 2009 and at times in 2010
Back to top Go down
Green Machine
Rookie
Green Machine

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:29 am

Have to agree with the opening post

Dugan just continues to go from strength to strength, he has all the attributes to be a quality player for years to come and for someone who is still only 20 he shows experience beyond his years on the field. The big question mark over Hayne is consistency and if he can add that aspect to his game he would easily be in the top 5 best players in the comp

Hayne vs Dugan could be one of the great individual rivalries for years to come
Back to top Go down
johnny_gunn
Trainee

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:42 pm

hayne in form cant be touched
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Too bad hes hardly ever in forrm
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Dugan in a landslide although there both a long way behing Slater currently/
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:36 am

Tanswell87 wrote:

Let alone Gagai
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:02 am

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:

Let alone Gagai

what
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:08 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:

Let alone Gagai

what
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 am

haha Gay Guy Smile
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
haha Gay Guy Smile

that got old 5 minutes after he was announced to make his debut.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:11 pm

All the commentators who called him "Gay-guy" are retards. Its obviously pronounced "Gag-eye"
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Beale
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Bani
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Webb
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:17 pm

Hegarty
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Minto

/thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dugan or Hayne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dugan or Hayne   Dugan or Hayne Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dugan or Hayne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to: