Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 am

You would think that the Manly fan would know more about his up and coming players than say, a Brisbane supporter aye ?
If you watched Hodkinson CAREFULLY throughout last season, you would notice he dropped off in a lot of games towards the latter end of the season.

Foran passes the ball quite well, I must be watching something different ! I'd also prefer a half to run the line, like Foran does quite a bit, than to just recieve and pass every chance he gets.

Have you seen Cherry Evans play, do you actually know anything about him? Or are you just assuming things because he is a rookie?
Set the house on fire in the QLD Cup last year, a lot like Hodkinson done in 2009 before he made his first grade debut, won the Best and Fairest also.

Although, with the likes of Lyon and Foran outside him, DCE really does not need to steer the team for the first few rounds, moreso to actually get into the grind of the NRL.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 am

Brenton wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
Brenton wrote:
manly4lyf wrote:
If Manly are in the same likes of Cronulla and the Cowboys, that is hilarious.

We'll see how it's hilarious at the end of round 26.

Door hinges beware.

Bronco_josh wrote:
Sea Eagles have lost the only half who had any idea what he was doing last year in Hodkinson. Believe me, the Eagles are going to realise how good he truly was, this year

Harsh on Kieren Foran, very harsh. He had a good idea, young half, bright future and was consistent for the whole year. Plus he's played for NZ.

Kieran Foran is a ball hog

If he is a half, he needs to pass the ball more. He reminds me of Corey Norman for the Broncos. I shudder when he plays half or five eighth for us, because he doesnt pass. Foran needs a good half or five eighth with him for him to look good

As for Hodkinson compared to Cherry Evans, I would think that the manly fan is talking out of his ass !!! Trent Hodkinson is not only a great natural passer and kicker, he is a fantastic organiser, who tells players what holes to run and when.

Haven't watched Manly enough to have my opinion if Foran is a ballhog, all I will say is that I rate him as a player and I think that Manly losing Hodkinson won't have any impact on their side with DCE slotting in.

Mate, Hodkinson is unbelievable

You go to a game, and you can hear him, depending on the crowd obviously, barking orders at players, calling plays, telling runners where to go etc. He is a top organiser, which is one of the reasons he made City
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:34 am

I would've thought one of the main reasons he made City would be due to the amount of injuries City had to their halves
Big accolade though, playing for City
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:35 am

manly4lyf wrote:
I would've thought one of the main reasons he made City would be due to the amount of injuries City had to their halves
Big accolade though, playing for City

LOL Foran made New Zealand because of the same thing. Injuries to Fien and Leuleuai.

In his first year in the NRL, to play for City ??

Yeah its pretty big champ
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:36 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
Brenton wrote:
manly4lyf wrote:

Door hinges beware.

Bronco_josh wrote:
Sea Eagles have lost the only half who had any idea what he was doing last year in Hodkinson. Believe me, the Eagles are going to realise how good he truly was, this year

Harsh on Kieren Foran, very harsh. He had a good idea, young half, bright future and was consistent for the whole year. Plus he's played for NZ.

If he is a half, he needs to pass the ball more. He reminds me of Corey Norman for the Broncos. I shudder when he plays half or five eighth for us, because he doesnt pass. Foran needs a good half or five eighth with him for him to look good

As for Hodkinson compared to Cherry Evans, I would think that the manly fan is talking out of his ass !!! Trent Hodkinson is not only a great natural passer and kicker, he is a fantastic organiser, who tells players what holes to run and when.

Haven't watched Manly enough to have my opinion if Foran is a ballhog, all I will say is that I rate him as a player and I think that Manly losing Hodkinson won't have any impact on their side with DCE slotting in.

You go to a game, and you can hear him, depending on the crowd obviously, barking orders at players, calling plays, telling runners where to go etc. He is a top organiser, which is one of the reasons he made City

He made City because the City selectors had the choice of Anasta (injured, Kris Keating, Scott Porter and Hodkinson. Porter is a great worker and tries his heart out but doesn't have the ability. So Keating and Hodkinson are the obvious choice.

And who says DCE can't have the same impact on the Manly side, DCE after all, was the QLD Cup player of the year and absolutely gunned it for the Sunshine Coast, so he has the ability, and more importantly Des thinks he has the ability and has likened him to Hodkinson.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:39 am

LOL Leuleuai, big name to pull out
Foran started his NZ career in the centres in 09, and unless i'm mistaken, I've never seen either Fien or Leuleuai in the centres?
Bit odd champ
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:39 am

Brenton wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
Brenton wrote:
manly4lyf wrote:

Door hinges beware.

Bronco_josh wrote:

He made City because the City selectors had the choice of Anasta (injured, Kris Keating, Scott Porter and Hodkinson. Porter is a great worker and tries his heart out but doesn't have the ability. So Keating and Hodkinson are the obvious choice.

And who says DCE can't have the same impact on the Manly side, DCE after all, was the QLD Cup player of the year and absolutely gunned it for the Sunshine Coast, so he has the ability, and more importantly Des thinks he has the ability and has likened him to Hodkinson.

You know this argument is going to be settled until the end of the season, so there is no point saying "What if Cherry Evans does this" or "He could match Hodkinson in that". I'm just saying, Hodkinson was vital to Manly last year, and will be missed. A half who steers the side around the park is like gold. Look at Parra, with no half to steer them around, they are lost. Manly will miss that this year
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:42 am

Obviously Manly will miss Hodkinson.
That was said about Orford last year, Hodkinson filled the gap, quite certain DCE can fill Hodkinson's gap with Foran outside him who is experienced.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 am

manly4lyf wrote:
LOL Leuleuai, big name to pull out
Foran started his NZ career in the centres in 09, and unless i'm mistaken, I've never seen either Fien or Leuleuai in the centres?
Bit odd champ

Leuleui is the only English player still in the New Zealand team, and is still in it today, which your precious little Foran is not.

Also, he must have played awesome, because he was dropped the very next game !!!

OH NO, thats right, it was because both Sau and Soliola made it back for the next game, so once again, injuries got him into the side
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:58 am

Quote :
Leuleui is the only English player still in the New Zealand team, and is still in it today, which your precious little Foran is not.

Also, he must have played awesome, because he was dropped the very next game !!!

OH NO, thats right, it was because both Sau and Soliola made it back for the next game, so once again, injuries got him into the side
Pretty sure Foran only missed last years 4 Nations due to his shoulder injury? Yeah think so.

K so on your logic, he was dropped because he was shit, but he was dropped because Sau and Soliola made it into the team ...?
explain plz .

Obviously he was filling in, duh, would be stupid to plunge a rookie straight into rep footy, yet he had a fair game from what I do remember, playing in the centres.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 am

manly4lyf wrote:
Quote :

Pretty sure Foran only missed last years 4 Nations due to his shoulder injury? Yeah think so.

K so on your logic, he was dropped because he was shit, but he was dropped because Sau and Soliola made it into the team ...?
explain plz .

Obviously he was filling in, duh, would be stupid to plunge a rookie straight into rep footy, yet he had a fair game from what I do remember, playing in the centres.

He was dropped cos the others came back in. Which would mean he was there because of a fill in to injury.

You used the fact that Hodkinson only made it because of injuries, so I am using your same argument against Foran, because both times he has played for NZ, he has filled in for injury.

Like I said, lets wait for the season, and we'll see how much you guys miss him
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:02 am

1 - 2011 NRL Premiers: Rabbits
2 - 2011 NRL Minor Premiers: Dragons
3 - 2011 Wooden Spooners: Eeels
4 - One player to make State of Origin Debut? Dugan
5 - State of Origin Series winners? NSW
6 - Leading Try Scorer? Merritt
7 - Leading Point Scorer? M Gordon
8 - Buy of the year? Inglis
9 - Most improved team? Rabbits
10 - Yes/No - Souths to make the Top 8? F*** oath
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:43 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
1 - 2011 NRL Premiers: Rabbits

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 am

1 - 2011 NRL Premiers: Roosters
3 - 2011 Wooden Spooners: Rabbits
4 - One player to make State of Origin Debut? Carney
5 - State of Origin Series winners? Qld
6 - Leading Try Scorer? Benny Barba
7 - Leading Point Scorer? Todd Carney
8 - Buy of the year? Dallas Johnson
9 - Most improved team? Cowboys/Dogs
10 - Yes/No - Souths to make the Top 8? F*** No

XOXO
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:33 am

Beckham wrote:

11. Round when Carney falls off the wagon- 3
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:41 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Beckham wrote:

12. Round when Inglis will be fit and actually do something for the Bunnies ? ermm...........
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 am

1 - 2011 NRL Premiers: Warriors
3 - 2011 Wooden Spooners: Eels/Raiders
4 - One player to make State of Origin Debut? Todd Carney
5 - State of Origin Series winners? Queensland
6 - Leading Try Scorer? Shaun Kenny-Dowall
7 - Leading Point Scorer? Michael Gordon
8 - Buy of the year? Feleti Mateo
9 - Most improved team? Cowboys
10 - Yes/No - Souths to make the Top 8? No

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:23 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Beckham wrote:

12. Round when Inglis will be fit and actually do something for the Bunnies ? ermm...........
Round 1.

13. Round when Lockyer, goes down with injury and leaves Wallace to be the main playmaker, thereby condemning brisbane to the spoon??
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:29 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Beckham wrote:

Round 1.

13. Round when Lockyer, goes down with injury and leaves Wallace to be the main playmaker, thereby condemning brisbane to the spoon??

14. The day South Sydney will have a playmaker with even half of Lockyer's ability....................NEVER
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:11 am

Wow bronco_josh loves controversy doesnt he, quite funny.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:33 am

Hank Moody wrote:

Mwah ?? Me ?? Myself ??

What controversy ? He had a dig at Roosters, I had a dig back
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:31 pm

Bronco_josh wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Beckham wrote:

Round 1.

14. The day South Sydney will have a playmaker with even half of Lockyer's ability....................NEVER

Maybe, but they'll always have at least one better then that hack Wallace. Although so would the sharks..
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:33 pm

Bronco_josh wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

Mwah ?? Me ?? Myself ??

What controversy ? He had a dig at Roosters, I had a dig back

You a cock lover like becks??
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:36 pm

1 - 2011 NRL Premiers:Broncos Smile
2 - 2011 NRL Minor Premiers:Dragons/Roosters or some shit.
3 - 2011 Wooden Spooners:Sharks or Eels
5 - State of Origin Series winners? QLD obviously...
6 - Leading Try Scorer? Idk, maybe Uate
7 - Leading Point Scorer? Gordon/JT
8 - Buy of the year? Johnson
9 - Most improved team? Raiders
10 - Yes/No - Souths to make the Top 8? No, their halves fail.
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Beckham wrote:

Round 1.

Maybe, but they'll always have at least one better then that hack Wallace. Although so would the sharks..

And who would that be lol?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions   Crystal Ball 2011 - Ten Prediction Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com