Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Best Ever

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Everybody has their favourites and i'm the same but sometimes i think my bias or beliefs are fair enough....

I've loved League and can remember the 1985 GF p[us Origin bits from as early as '83...Not saying i have the right to carry on and say shit just that this is what i see and like ...

I reckon right now we have at least 3 players possibly 5 that are the best ever in their position...
.(#1.). HALFBACK... JT, i know others can be mentioned as Matchwinners but none were or are Matchwinners as consistently as JT, at the highest Level he stands above just like the King did.

(#2.) FULLBACK... Billy Slater, I don't have to say a word.

(#3.) WINGER ...Akila Uate, All the best aspects of the Beast , Dell, and Morris giving him an all round game rarely seen from the men that hang around Footballers.

(4. & 5.) Hooker & Five Eighth...Cam Smith & Benji Marshal...I could argue for Smith but i won't...and Benji Marshal Will sit on the good side of History by the time he retires . His career can get even better when Darren retires Marshall will be Dog's Balls

SBW if he played League still i'd be talking about him as well but he hasn't done enough in League but he certainly is capable of being the Best of all time

Crazy Money of League Wars has produced the First generation of Professional League Products

ed. I can't believe i typed all that
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 pm

I really do think you are on some sort of narcotics
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:03 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:16 am

Good read as always Mega. We'll have to wait and see with Uate but no doubt the others will all go down as legends... hard to believe Benji is only 26, should only get better in the coming years.

Guru
Megadeecee

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:25 am

I wagged too many english lessons in the early 90's never thought it would come back to bite me haha....Yeah i'm getting in early on Akuila He'll be a blue imo and we gotta contain him somehow
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:51 am

You've definitely jumped the gun big time with Uate. One season doesn't make a career. He definately broke out as an elite player last season but he has to follow that through this year and beyond. Alot of people are the same with SKD rating him one of the best centres in the game as well.

They don't make wingers like they used to.. Nathan Blacklock one of the most prolific try-scorers in the modern day game, Wendell Sailor is a dual code International also.

How many natural wingers have made rep football in the recent era?. How many times have blokes like Brent Tate or Greg Inglis or Israel Folau been forced to play on the wing due to the high amount of talent in the centres?.

Brett Morris is the only natural winger in recent times that has played Origin Football in recent times, and also has played for Australia, For Queensland the "wingers" in recent times have been several names like Fullback Darius Boyd, Centre Greg Inglis, Centre Brent Tate. I can't rememeber when the last time a natural winger made the Queensland Origin Team, NSW have tried recent options like Anthony Quinn, James McManus & Steve Turner and they haven't been up to origin standard and looking higher up Jarryd Hayne has also forced to play wing for NSW because the lack of depth of good NRL wingers.

Backdate to a few years to Origin in the late 90's, early 00's with Lote Tuqiri and Wendell Sailor wingers for QLD and also you can't forget Matty Sing either.

Rod Wishart, Andrew Ettinghausen are great wingers who have played for NSW over the past 15 years. What other Memorable wingers have there been since?.

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:10 pm

fair enough about Akuila he has only been around for a short time to say he's the best ever winger obviosly has to be played out in the future but thats what it's about .... it a massive call i know open to discussion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Ever   Best Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Ever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com