Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2011 Super 15 Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Beckham
Beckham

2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:50 am

No love for the Reds like usual? Pretty confident we'd beat either the Tahs or Blues and we've beaten every side in the finals this year anyway so i don't see why we can't go all the way. Should get a few players back from injury and the week off is always good. I think Saders, Reds and Stormers are the only teams that can win it but seen stranger things happen.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:52 am

The Reds are a good side for sure but they seem like the team that may choke in a big finals game mate. They have quite a few injuries at the moment too if I am not mistaken. Quade Copper could lead them to the title though he is just brilliant, I don't like saying this as I hate him but its hard not too say it the way he has been playing. Reds v Blues would be a superb semi final if that turns into the case, would love to get some pay back for our loss at the hands of them earlier in the season.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah I agree - I can just see the Reds choking when it really counts...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:05 am

Great stuff from the Blues last night, into the Semi Finals. Played reasonably well against a Waratahs side that was well under strength. Thought that Luke Braid was just excellent, his commitment can not be faulted. Jerome Kaino, Ali Williams and Lachie Munro were also very good. Ali Willaims has just come into some good form in the past few weeks, he wants his All Blacks jersey back bad! Sad too see Phil Waugh's career come to an end too, he has been a superb player for the Waratahs for a long time! Bring on most likely the Reds!
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:24 am

Reds: 1. Ben Daley , 2. Saia Faingaa , 3. Greg Holmes , 4. Rob Simmons , 5. James Horwill (c) , 6. Scott Higginbotham , 7. Beau Robinson , 8. Radike Samo , 9. Will Genia (vc) , 10. Quade Cooper , 11. Digby Ioane , 12. Ben Tapuai , 13. Anthony Faingaa , 14. Rod Davies , 15. Jono Lance

Replacements: 16. James Hanson , 17. Guy Shepherdson , 18. Adam Wallace-Harrison , 19. Jake Schatz , 20. Liam Gill , 21. Ian Prior , 22. Will Chambers

Crusaders: 1. Wyatt Crockett , 2. Corey Flynn , 3. Owen Franks , 4. Brad Thorn , 5. Sam Whitelock , 6. George Whitelock , 7. Richie McCaw (c) , 8. Kieran Read , 9. Andy Ellis/Kahn Fotuali'i , 10. Dan Carter , 11. Zac Guildford , 12. Sonny Bill Williams , 13. Robbie Fruean , 14. Sean Maitland , 15. Tom Marshall

Relacements: 16. Quentin MacDonald , 17. Ben Franks , 18. Luke Romano/Chris Jack , 19. Matt Todd , 20. Kahn Fotuali'i/Willi Heinz , 21. Matt Berquist , 22. Ryan Crotty
-----
Game day, absolutely pumped!! It's been along time coming for us Reds supporters to finally see our side in a Super Rugby Final. The 'Saders certainly have the edge in the set pieces, so if we can break even in that department I think it would be a small win for us. The fact our defence has been immense all season gives us great hope and fingers crossed Quade will have his kicking boots on. It promises to be a Final of the highest quality!

One to go... we are Red!! Razz

Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:24 pm

UP THE REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game! Grin
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:19 pm

SUPER 15 CHAMPIONS!
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:28 am

Only saw the second half and man, that was a Crusaders side playing like the Hurricanes - tossing the ball around, making no real forward headway and then fumbling the ball - shocking.

Kudos to the reds for sure and a well-deserved win.

Ioane and Genia especially played incredibly well - Copper was decidedly average though.

Thought Guildford may have just played his way out of an ABs jersey as possibly the big game environment got to him...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 1:43 am

Happy for the Reds, didn't think they had it in them but I was wrong obviously. Will Genia is becoming the best halfback in the world very fast I feel. The Crusaders were terrible though, especially Cory Flynn, Zac Gulford. Flynn and Gulford may have both played their way out of an All Blacks jumper. What an atmosphere, was very close to the atmosphere that was at the state of Origin, If anyone went to both I would like to know how it rated with the State of Origin atmosphere. Average game though by both teams. Well done Reds, they were the best team all year and deserved to win! QLD are just superb at sport! Digby Ioane by new favourite player!
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:44 am

Very good win by the reds, have to give credit where it is due. Ioane and Genia are 2 very good prospects, can really see them becoming 2 of Australia's best.

Dissapointing game from the Crusaders, that has to be 1 of the worst games they played all season. Even DC made uncharacteristic mistakes. Guilford and Flynn i hope dont make the AB's, way better prospects than them 2.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:51 am

Guildford has been the in form NZ winger of the super 15, one bad game and you reckon he shouldn't make the ABs?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 am

Probably a bit harsh but expected more from him last night. I want to see Gear, Jane, Rokocoko in there. He will probably get named later today tho.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:10 am

YESSSSSSS!! Grin

The execution from both sides wasn't great at times but I guess you've got to expect that in a Final. The Crusaders definitely dominated at scrum time but thankfully they didn't take advantage when it came to the line-outs. The big turning point IMO was the no try decision against Brad Thorn. It clearly wasn't a try, but the Crusaders had massive numbers on the outside (and would have scored)... the momentum definitely swung after that play. Considering all the ball the 'Saders had in the first half the Reds defence was superb.

Really stoked for Will Genia, stunning individual try!! Blokes such as Hanson (when he came on), Tapuai and Lance really stepped up last night... which shows the solid depth Ewen has brought to QLD.

Kudos to the Crusaders on a remarkable season, what they've done in 2011 will go down as one of the great sporting stories. Such a humble speech from McCaw.

Lastly what a moment when Big Kev lifted the trophy... he's been through the shit times with the Reds and he's had some shocking luck with injuries.

REDS!!! Grin

Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 am

KromyD wrote:
Probably a bit harsh but expected more from him last night. I want to see Gear, Jane, Rokocoko in there. He will probably get named later today tho.

Guildford over Rokocoko and Jane for sure. Really disappointing for Jane, he's been one of the best ABs over the last couple of years and world cup year comes around and he's now in the worst form we've seen him in for years.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Happy for the Reds, didn't think they had it in them but I was wrong obviously. Will Genia is becoming the best halfback in the world very fast I feel wrote:

your kidding right rozza? genia would have to be the best 9 in southern hemisphere at the moment. not sure bout the northen halfbax. with fourie injured genia has easily moved to the top.

cant believe flynn made it in. in fact i'm surprised flynn managed to get a couple of his throwins straight.

guildford had a shocker. still deserves his ABs spot provided that he learns from the finals.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Super 15 Thread   2011 Super 15 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 Super 15 Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com