Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Where to for Parra?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Where to for Parra? Empty
PostSubject: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:13 am

Maybe a new coach, But It's a team with very little depth and the signings of Chris Hicks and Whatuira were musts, not necessarily the players but their activity for depth was a necessity. Also very little half options and the slowly but surely derailing of the Hayne Train leaves them with no real attacking potency. There forward pack has some talent but it's simply too in-experienced. The likes of Justin Horo & Tim Mannah both are talented but lack the experience with their only real experienced forward being Nathan Hindmarsh with Ben Smith failing to step up at this point in time. An absolute rabble of a football side.

South Sydney showed improvement last night but there lack there-of structure in attack and there lazy goal-line defence is still a massive worry. Potential gold mine playing the left hand flank with Taylor, Inglis, Sutton & Talanoa with Wesser at the back was on show last night but you got to ask yourself what defence did Parra put up for the night?. Two players with 5 first grade games between them trying to stop two Origin Players, One being one of the best players in the world and was voted accordingly in 2009 but both of them are monsters to stop one or two on one.

The losses of Tahu & Grothe were one's of great loss to Parramatta. Tahu a dual-international troubled by racial row and personal problems and Grothe, an adequate finisher with power who fell to injury.

Half Daniel Mortimer still hasn't found what he had in 2009 though early in 2011 and Jeff Robson, maybe a standard nrl halfback simply doesn't have the experience and natural organisation to steer a side around.

Loss of arguably their best player Feleti Mateo also was something they didn't really stocktake for in 2011.

Last night was one of the worst games I've seen Jarryd Hayne play in quite some time and looked a passenger out there and very disinterested. Admittedly a good player it's hard to decifer whether the Hayne Train has derailed or the Parramatta train tracks are faulty. Hayne worth 600k according to the Eels isn't even showing half of that on his current form, It seems Parramatta put all their eggs in one basket and it didn't play off.

Stephen Kearney is a quality coach, was vice to Craig Bellamy for a few seasons and current NZ coach. But you have to ask? Do Parramatta have the worst roster on paper?.

I rate them, close to no chance of a finals birth and a wooden spoon contender.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:45 am

I found the following pretty interesting:

- The Eels lost to the Panther last week... Panthers are currently getting belted by Cronulla.
- The Eels lost to the Rabbitohs last night... the Rabbits were beaten in round 1 and 2.

Gee whiz, how bad must the Eels be to have both Penrith and South Sydney beat them?
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Parra won't get the spoon. In their first game they showed what they can do, it's all about getting back to basics and cutting the stupid stuff outta their game like trying to score on every play. Forwards lay the platform - they definitely have the pack to do so with Mannah, Moi Moi, Hindy, etc, but they do that, let Mortimer and Robson play their game and let Hayne feed off that, because he is undoubtedly their best player, but he sees too much of the ball.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:24 pm

they showed nothing against the warriors. nz were that bad they handed them the win
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm

jtm91 wrote:
they showed nothing against the warriors. nz were that bad they handed them the win

60% of the ball
Playing a woeful Warriors outfit
Yet only won by 1 try.

I've said it 5325623535 times since they won, that win did nothing to change my idea on how Parra are - very shit.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Yeh they did play an awful outfit, yet you have to win those games where you're handed easy ball non the less.
It's only Round 3, anyway
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 pm

i think they got 3 tries from kicks 2 from dropped bombs ?
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Where to for Penrith you mean..
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:00 pm

If the Cowboys play anywhere close to how they played tonight, they will put 50 on Parra.
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:43 am

Brenton wrote:
If the Cowboys play anywhere close to how they played tonight, they will put 50 on Parra.
I agree that Parra have to lift for this game big time. I'm expecting the Cowboys to win fairly comfortably if they mentally prepare for the game and don't perform like they did against the Knights. Their first game in Sydney for the year against a poorly performing team. This game could be decisive for both of these team's seasons, particuarly the Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
johnny_gunn
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:41 pm

i love parra and i think there in trouble this year
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:33 am

Trouble indeed johnny. Judging by the laws of probabilities I think they are due for a shit year.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
Maybe a new coach, But It's a team with very little depth and the signings of Chris Hicks and Whatuira were musts, not necessarily the players but their activity for depth was a necessity. Also very little half options and the slowly but surely derailing of the Hayne Train leaves them with no real attacking potency. There forward pack has some talent but it's simply too in-experienced. The likes of Justin Horo & Tim Mannah both are talented but lack the experience with their only real experienced forward being Nathan Hindmarsh with Ben Smith failing to step up at this point in time. An absolute rabble of a football side.

South Sydney showed improvement last night but there lack there-of structure in attack and there lazy goal-line defence is still a massive worry. Potential gold mine playing the left hand flank with Taylor, Inglis, Sutton & Talanoa with Wesser at the back was on show last night but you got to ask yourself what defence did Parra put up for the night?. Two players with 5 first grade games between them trying to stop two Origin Players, One being one of the best players in the world and was voted accordingly in 2009 but both of them are monsters to stop one or two on one.

The losses of Tahu & Grothe were one's of great loss to Parramatta. Tahu a dual-international troubled by racial row and personal problems and Grothe, an adequate finisher with power who fell to injury.

Half Daniel Mortimer still hasn't found what he had in 2009 though early in 2011 and Jeff Robson, maybe a standard nrl halfback simply doesn't have the experience and natural organisation to steer a side around.

Loss of arguably their best player Feleti Mateo also was something they didn't really stocktake for in 2011.

Last night was one of the worst games I've seen Jarryd Hayne play in quite some time and looked a passenger out there and very disinterested. Admittedly a good player it's hard to decifer whether the Hayne Train has derailed or the Parramatta train tracks are faulty. Hayne worth 600k according to the Eels isn't even showing half of that on his current form, It seems Parramatta put all their eggs in one basket and it didn't play off.

Stephen Kearney is a quality coach, was vice to Craig Bellamy for a few seasons and current NZ coach. But you have to ask? Do Parramatta have the worst roster on paper?.

I rate them, close to no chance of a finals birth and a wooden spoon contender.

Well I was right about everything except Kearney "a quality coach" which he is not.

I really fear for the supporters because I can't see any sort of promising sign for them in the next two or three seasons.

One of the oldest sides on paper with the team losing nearly half their roster from retiring players at the end of this year.

Two of their real experienced players will retire within the next one or two (take your pick) Fui Fui Moi Moi and Nathan Hindmarsh are both turning 33 next season and their depth as a whole is an absolute sham, Who is going to fill the void? Lasalo, Horo? They do have some up and comers like Allgood, O'Hanlon, Brien and so on but I wouldn't boast on them as a technicality that they will all make it. Yes they will have cap to buy players from the aftermath of Moi Moi's & Hindmarsh's sign off to the game but I don't see who they could buy to make them a better team; I mean Hindmarsh is one of the best leaders the NRL has seen for a long time and he has been a servant to the competition yet his experience as a mentor and a player doesn't seem to be taking the team anywhere and Fui is a bulldozer and a big hitter but he is getting on as well.

Their recruitment has big question marks on it; Chris Sandow & Willie Tonga the only signings of reasonable value but I don't get the signing of Ben Roberts especially if they are banking on him (a guy who rarely played first grade this year and considering Hokko and KK were hardly outstanding both as individuals and as a combination you have to question this as a recruitment decision as a first string option).

Alot of their problems sit higher up with the hierarchies with their coach Stephen Kearney and the CEO Paul Osborne but I am guessing their recruitment staff isn't all that cracked up to be either based on their signings for 2011 and albeit improved for 2012 they needed to purchase another forward or two and not just target the backs and halves; I don't believe they used their cap effectively with all the incoming transfers they made.

For a guy who came from one of the most dominant dynasties known to the league for quite a while, albeit in an illegal tender to not taking on a portion if not the whole part of Bellamy's structure is beyond astounding to me; Why not take something that has worked in the past and apply it to off-season training and tweak it to whatever combines and gels with the team, The Parramatta side offers the least structure out of any team in the NRL and they're 2nd phase has reduced ever since Mateo left the club although Hindy seems to be offloading more which can't hurt the team.

Chris Sandow is a great little player and in many ways is a loss for Souths although he really needs to step up furthermore cause he goes to a side that has even less quality to it and he and Matt Keating need to improve on their kicking because Roberts and Hayne certainly are NOT directors of play or organisers.

To me Jarryd Hayne was over-weight in 2011 and like Greg Inglis both didn't have their best seasons to date but as I see the weight reduction in Inglis; Hayne hasn't lost weight and it showed because he didn't show to have the agility and evasiveness he has presented in previous seasons; Something that must be rectified to enhance their chance.

They will dead-set struggle again in 2012 and I will be highly suprised if they make the 8 unless Kearney pulls something out and changes his coaching style and (Osborne is fired along with any other staff that is failing to prove their worth).
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:21 am

Good post thtr.

I think the Eels will finish just outside the 8 this year.

If Hayne and Sandow both fire they could become a very deadly combination but I can't see them clicking for quite sometime.

If they somehow scrape into the 8 they could definitely be the danger team like they were in 09.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to for Parra?   Where to for Parra? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to for Parra?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com