Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

This weeks RLW Edition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

This weeks RLW Edition Empty
PostSubject: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 5:48 am

I usually buy a RLW most weeks because it's a fairly good read, But I saw the front cover on facebook and had to laugh. Picture of Jarryd Hayne with the headline "Flashy Freak to Perfect Playmaker", He is in the worst form he has been in since possibly 2008ish and they still want to wrap him. That'll dead-set do me.

If they wanted a Mag-Boy worth reading and deserving it is Nathan Gardner, He has come through in leaps and bounds last year and is now playing out of his skin and probably the form fullback in the competition with only Billy Slater would challenge that acclaim. I am not sure about everyone else but I would take Gardner every single day of the week over Hayne, and personally I think if Gardner can build on his current form I'd take him over Dugan as well who is freakishly talented but the bloke can't stay on the field is always injured and what i've seen of him this year he has been VERY average.

If you want to talk about "Perfect" Playmakers and the name Jarryd Hayne comes up, you just have to wonder who did Rhys Wesser sleep with?. Now I don't need people to tell me the bleeding obvious that Hayne is much more the football player at his best but when Wesser plays the playmaking role well and has done so all of last year throwing good cut-out passes and this year also. If you got a picture of Hayne up on the magazine with the title "Perfect Playmaker" after one decent pass that I have seen (which was called forward, one for debate) then you may as well make it an orthodox money seller in Rhys Wesser (a feel good story), Now I feel Wesser is on par in terms of form (NOT ABILITY) atm along with Hayne and I shall repeat I am not comparing the two player's individual best because one has his well and truly behind him and another one's dissapeared into obscurity, Wesser has errors in his game but never escape the fact that Hayne has clearly no idea with positional play in defence and his tackling this year has been very poor.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:00 am

I usually buy a mag for the read regardless what is on the cover..

Also weren't you wanking over Dugan constantly last year/start of this year. He is obviously being hampered by injury which is of course bringing him down. I certainly would be taking Dugan every day of the week if it were between him and Gardner. I'd take Dugan over just about every FB in the comp bar a few.

Wesser is garbage.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 am

Big League > RLW
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 am

Beckham wrote:
I usually buy a mag for the read regardless what is on the cover..

Also weren't you wanking over Dugan constantly last year/start of this year. He is obviously being hampered by injury which is of course bringing him down. I certainly would be taking Dugan every day of the week if it were between him and Gardner. I'd take Dugan over just about every FB in the comp bar a few.

Wesser is garbage.

Very aware of Wesser, But I am saying Hayne's displays this year have been as good as garbage, A feel good story is more believable then something that dead-set can't be believed if you well and truly watch your footy, And I never said Wesser should be up there, Just stating that having Hayne up there is as believable as having Wesser up there with two different perspectives.

But Hayne is in his worst form i have seen him in in several years.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 am

Brad wrote:
Big League > RLW

And oh come off it, Hayne has not been garbage this year, he isn't in spectacular form but he hasn't been playing as awful as you seem to be making him out to be.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 am

Um... ok?
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:59 am

Quoted the post coz BL > RLW but I was talking to thtr there.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

Oh my bad. Carry on then Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RLW Edition   This weeks RLW Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This weeks RLW Edition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com