Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Official 'BLUES' Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

The Official 'BLUES' Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 11:22 am

Up the mighty blues!
Lets run those scum sucking redneck inbred banjo strumming sister rooting big mouth ugly fat hopping six fingered freaks over in 2011!

Name your best blues team too.

1. B. Stewart
2. B. Morris
3. Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9.DeGois
10. Galloway
11. Gallen
12. Creagh
13. Bird

14. Young
15. Learoyd Lars
16. Watmough
17. Gidley

Last edited by The Midnight Tinkler on Sun May 15, 2011 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:42 pm

The selectors will sure to have headaches to select NSW's backs this year.

The centres position are the main problems of NSW currently. The form centre would of have probably been Chris Lawrence prior to his injury, Josh Morris also looked good and may still be an outside chance if he can carry his form from the opening rounds when he returns in Round 7. Michael Jennings is way out of form, and Jamie Lyon only just came back from injury. All lot of talk has been on Jamal Idris after his star studded performance against argubly the best current centre in Inglis, but after his dismal display today against the Dragons prior to the injury he picked up, the selectors would have second thoughts. Other possible NSW centres are Mark Gasnier, Matt Cooper, Beau Champion and if you want to look further down there's also Jarrod Croker or maybe even Colin Best if you're desperate.

Fullback position is a toss up between Jarryd Hayne, Josh Dugan, and Kurt Gidley with Hayne being the most preferred. Kurt Gidley has shown he is better played as a utility than a fullback, Josh Dugan is currently still injured and this not help his chances of being selected. Jarryd Hayne, though slightly out of form, looks most likely. Some other possible candidates for the fullback position include Brett Stewart, Michael Gordon, Nathan Gardner or if you wind the clock back further you can even have Anthony Minichiello as NSW's fullback this year. With the Roosters' halves looking likely to be NSW's halves, this can work in the favour of Mini since he works well with both Carney and Pearce as shown in club level.

The wingers will be the easiest decision to make of the backs. Brett Morris you would think will have sewn up one winger position leaving the other wing up for grabs. That spot would most likely be taken up by Michael Gordon. Other potiental wingers include Aku Uate, Blake Ferguson, Nathan Merritt, or Anthony Quinn.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:10 pm

The wingers i reckon will be Gordon for all 3 games and Uate for 1 or 2. Why I have left Morris is because rarely he has had a dry patch in his try-scoring. 0 tries after 5 rounds. I'm not saying he wont get a game this series, its just I dont see him being automatically selected as the first winger picked.

I reckon Matt Cooper's performance today shows that he still has that representative attribute within him. His defence and attack was great today and I reckon is one centre that can better Inglis. We need experience in the team.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:42 pm

The worst thing the selectors can do is pick players that have been injured. Dugan should not play Origin 1. He'll have next to no match fitness leading up to game 1, and it doesn't matter how good he is, he shouldn't be picked. Gordon won't be fullback I'll tell you that now. It will be Hayne or Gidley.

If Gidley is fullback, Hayne will be one of the wingers, with the other one to be between Gordon, Uate and Morris.

Centres will be tricky. Most of them are out of form and don't even warrant selection. I'd be going with Idris that's for sure. They need a big guy to go head to head with Inglis, and he's an offensive weapon as well. The other centre position will be between Gaz, Cooper or Jennings.

5/8 will be Carney. It's pretty much locked in.

Halfback should not be Pearce. Hos form has been average and even though his combo with Carney could be lethal, his form doesn't warrant selection. Halfback should be Mullen. He's been solid this year and has been in better form than Pearce so far.

Props: Well Mannah and Snowden are locks. If they're not then the selectors are as stupid as ever. Tolman a chance for a bench spot and I'd also suggest Luke Bailey to come out of retirement and play 1 more series. they're desperate, and he's stated he'll gladly come out of retirement if he's needed.

Hooker will be Ennis.

Backrowers: Any out of Hindy, Watmough, Creagh, Gallen. Bird.

My team:

1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Cooper
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Bailey
9. Ennis
10. Mannah
11. Hindy
12. Creagh
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Snowden
16. Tolman
17. Watmough/Bird
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:48 pm

agree with Danger about Pearce. Last night, that "pass" he did which led to Berrigan to score was unnecessary. He could easily just passed it to Carney to kick it or continue the play.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:53 pm

I definitely think Mullen over Pearce. Mannahs gotta be the first prop picked as well
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Brad wrote:
I definitely think Mullen over Pearce. Mannahs gotta be the first prop picked as well

lol agreed on Mullen Brad, its good to see you have some brain cells after all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Brenton wrote:
http://nrl.com/cooper-calls-time-on-rep-footy/tabid/10874/newsid/62202/default.aspx

One more SOO series wont hurt. Most of us was saying that Cooper for centre and then this pops up. unlucky.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:15 pm

Gasnier or Lyon then.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:17 pm

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Lyon
4. Morris
5. Gasnier
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Mannah
15. Douglas
16. Waterhouse
17. Gidley
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:18 pm

I will still say JJ will be picked.. Sticky wanks over him and if Mitch didn't say he wasn't ready to be captain i'd say he'd also be that. It's kind of like JT or Locky, even if they aren't playing that well they will still be picked. They always lift come SOO.. Not saying Mitch will play to those standards but he will atleast be given the chance. That's my feeling anyway.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:23 pm

i would pick Mullen over Pearce anyday, though i think selectors would beg to differ...though i have a better idea, don't pick Carney and name Mullen at 5/8

1. Hayne or Gidley
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Gasnier
5. Uate or Hayne
6. Mullen
7. Pearce
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Douglas
11. Hindmarsh
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Gidley/Carney
15. Tolman
16. Creagh
17. TLL

Uate's selection would depend on if he is eligible, if not i would move Hayne to wing and Gidley to fullback with Idris off the bench.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:24 pm

TLL doesn't warrant a selection so far this season. If he has a good next month he'll be in the frame.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Beckham wrote:
I will still say JJ will be picked.. Sticky wanks over him and if Mitch didn't say he wasn't ready to be captain i'd say he'd also be that. It's kind of like JT or Locky, even if they aren't playing that well they will still be picked. They always lift come SOO.. Not saying Mitch will play to those standards but he will atleast be given the chance. That's my feeling anyway.

To me its like Pearce is in the same situation as Hayne atm. While they may not be playing their all time best footy, they cant be dropped. Especially if they want to build a steady combination in the halves. If they drop him theyll just be falling into old habits.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 3:46 pm

IMO, Pearce isn't an Origin player.. like Gus said today on the Sunday Roast, he just hasn't learnt the game yet. Dead set he is like one of the only players i never remember after an Origin match cause he contributes nil all. Maybe if he has Carney by his side he'd do better, but even then i don't think he would.
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Pearce is overated, Mullen is much better than him.
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:11 pm

The Midnight Tinkler wrote:

Lets run those scum sucking redneck inbred banjo strumming sister rooting big mouth ugly fat hopping six fingered freaks over in 2011!
See look at this shit. You twat.

On topic though I believe New South Wales have the best shot they've had in years. I don't think they'll win the series but they can't be as bad as last year.
My NSW team:
1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Lyon (if fit)/Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce (this was probably the most difffcult position to choose. I think Mullen is individually a better play but they need to select a spine and stick with it and I believe the Pearce/Carney halves is right for NSW)
8. Mannah
9. Gidley
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Young
15. Tolman
16. TLL
17. Creagh
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 6:36 pm

jackcf_93 wrote:
The Midnight Tinkler wrote:

See look at this shit. You twat.

Oh there there mate, do you want a tissue ?
Im sure you have called Blues supporters alot worse.

On topic though I believe New South Wales have the best shot they've had in years. I don't think they'll win the series but they can't be as bad as last year.
My NSW team:
1. Hayne
2. Gordon
3. Lyon (if fit)/Gasnier
4. Idris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce (this was probably the most difffcult position to choose. I think Mullen is individually a better play but they need to select a spine and stick with it and I believe the Pearce/Carney halves is right for NSW)
8. Mannah
9. Gidley
10. Snowden
11. Lewis
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Young
15. Tolman
16. TLL
17. Creagh

Yeah I think we will have an improved team from last year, but QLD have better co ordination with each other, its like watching the All Blacks, there is always a plan being worked too. As with NSW, there just seems to be no plan, just hope on QLD making errors.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 am

Mitch Pearce is class, he's just had an average start to the season (hasn't even been that bad). Absolute machine in defence and he has a gun kicking game which is crucial in SOO in particular against our current speedy backline. Agree with Brad... they will just be going backwards if he isn't picked IMO. Mullen v Carney for the 5/8th spot.

Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Mullen SHOULD get it.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Mullen has been average against the Broncs. Pearce will get the 7 and Carney will be alongside him.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:00 pm

i see where your coming from yet, Carney to me is a different player this year...
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:01 pm

How about Jamie Soward as NSW 5/8? Shouldn't be too far behind Carney and Mullen.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Pearce will get the 7 regardless of Mullens form. Id be surprised if Mullen got it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official 'BLUES' Thread
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com