Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Official 'BLUES' Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Speaking of thinking for 30 mins about the perfect team, ^that must have taken a few days.
Well done, sir.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 pm

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
QLD stands for: Q) Quality L) Loyalty D) Domination

now can yu cockroaches tell me whats the acronym for: No Series Won?

well you see if it was that we would have NEVER won...so i guess you acronym was incorrect.

Noble Substantive Worthy
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 5:41 pm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ricky-stuart-says-jarryd-haynes-the-best-man-for-the-job/story-e6frexv9-1226069214844

Ricky Stuart says Jarryd Hayne's the best man for the job
* Ricky Stuart
* June 05, 2011 12:00AM

Quote :
YESTERDAY, I had to make one of those calls that, as coaches, we hate to make.

Brett Morris is fighting injury and it is touch and go whether he will be fit for Origin II.

But after speaking to his club's physio and hearing that even if he might eventually be fit to play, he won't be fit to train, I called to tell him that I wouldn't be considering him for the game.

He took it like I expected him to take it. He was disappointed but understood.

You can't help but admire such a quality in footballers, the way they come up against adversity and disappointment and rather than let it be an impediment to their life, they see it as a setback but also a challenge in life.

Morris will be back.

No surprises where that now now takes us. The Blues are looking for a left winger and Jarryd Hayne is the best qualified for the job.

The team gets named tonight and the usual questions will come from the usual suspects.

The first question I'll get is: Why is Jarryd Hayne good enough to make the Blues team now when he wasn't for the first game?

The truth is I don't have to explain or justify his selection to anyone. I'm the coach, and I pick the team.

I'm not going to have this play out through the media.

Another one I'll get is: Have you spoken to Hayne?

I called Jarryd five minutes after the first team was announced and left a message for him to call me. I spoke to him a couple of days later and we had a good talk.

What was said will stay between us.

To be honest, it isn't anyone else's business.

What I will say, and I don't want to sound too dramatic about this, is that he took the decision like a man.

Instead of whingeing or sooking, he went away and addressed it.

That's the quality you look for in those situations.

I respect him for that.

Will I be talking to him in camp this week?

No more than anyone else. There are no personal issues with me and Jarryd and I don't need to go giving him any special messages or pep talks. That's for the movies.

Didn't you say he was a five-eighth and not a fullback? So why have you picked him on the wing?

I said that I believed his best position was five-eighth, which doesn't mean that he isn't a pretty handy fullback and pretty good winger at that.

Let's not forget, Jarryd has played left wing for the Blues before, from where he was voted the team's player of the series.

That's a fair endorsement.

Not only that, one of the benefits to playing Jarryd on the wing is that he doesn't play a normal winger's game, which means Queensland are going to have to think about him a little differently than they might any other winger.

I like that.

Taking out the result from game one and I was happy with the way the new Blues team handled the extreme pressure of Origin football and the way we composed ourselves under such duress.

There was a wonderful spirit among the players,and even though we didn't win, I thought they took big strides in getting to where we need to be.

I've spoken of this before, but one of the most overlooked advantages Queensland have in this current Origin generation is that every time they come together for a game, Mal Meninga simply has to throw them the ball and they pick up from where they left off in their previous campaign.

That's the advantage of having the same spine for each game, and it's the very reason why Queensland have been so successful.

That's one of the reasons why I thought I had to, at least this early in our development, leave out Brett Morris for the game in Sydney.

I need all our players on the paddock at training straight away, or at least for a good part of it.

The job for the team announced tonight will be to take that next step, and go from competing to winning.

Tonight's team will have some adjustments to that which played in Brisbane, and I hope the adjustments will take us from being competitive to being winners.

I LOL'd at the bits that are in bold. Stuart knows he fucked up, so now he's trying to explain him self by saying he doesn't have to explain himself.. if that makes any sense? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:48 am

Josh Dugan has gone off in the Raiders v Cowboys match. Leg/ankle injury. It looks pretty bad and definitely won't be back for the rest of the match. This will be another huge blow if he can't recover in time for origin. Would this mean Hayne to full back? Or Brett Stewart or Gidley at fullback? The NSW team is in limbo!
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:54 am

if Dugan is out...

1. B. Stewart!!

Keep Hayne on the wing.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:56 am

I really wouldn't mind seeing Brett Stewart back in the blue jersey. He has been playing good footy either on the wing or fullback.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 7:58 am

If they decided to go with Jarrad Hayne on the wing then Brett Stewart should definitely be the fullback, don't like Gidley at the back at all! If they wanted Hayne at fullback then Blake Ferguson would probably slot onto the wing I reckon.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:06 am

Rozza wrote:
If they decided to go with Jarrad Hayne on the wing then Brett Stewart should definitely be the fullback, don't like Gidley at the back at all! If they wanted Hayne at fullback then Blake Ferguson would probably slot onto the wing I reckon.

But the only thing that pulls Ferguson from the spot is his ball handling. He tends to hold the ball at a position where he can lose the ball to easily and we can't afford to have these types of errors against QLD. Picking Brett would be a pretty good comeback to rep footy from injury and personal issues stopping him from playing.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 am

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gids at FB and Hinchy/Carney on the bench (Even though Carney has been shocking) or as a few have said Fergo on the wing with Hayne FB. Stewart has done it before.

Qld 2-0

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:31 am

Team to be named in 30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:36 am

Wonder if Dugan will get selected? They probably won't know the full extent of his injury till Monday/Tuesday... probably why Stuart should wait till Tuesday to announce the team, like QLD.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

Hoppa wouldn't go astray on the wing, but leaving for two years does his chances more harm than good I think.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

JB-NQC wrote:
Wonder if Dugan will get selected? They probably won't know the full extent of his injury till Monday/Tuesday... probably why Stuart should wait till Tuesday to announce the team, like QLD.

Yeah i was about to say the same thing.. Hopefully he names 18. 19. 20 or something so we'll have an idea who will come in anyway.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:55 am

Doubt he'd name 18/19/20.. he'll want to keep QLD guessing.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:03 am

JB-NQC wrote:
Doubt he'd name 18/19/20.. he'll want to keep QLD guessing.

Never no.. We're talking about Ricky Stuart here, he's a fool.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:08 am

NSW Team:

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
3. Hopoate
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Ennis
10. Mannah
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Bird

14. Merrin
15. Gidley
16. Watmough
17. Lewis

Last edited by Rozza on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 am

I LIKE IT!!!!!, very surprised at Hoppa's inclusion in the centres. The bench looks so dangerous.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:12 am

Ricky says he's "looking at the immediate", that why he selected Hoppa... didn't he say he wanted a team that could stick together for a long time? Hoppa won't be there next year, or the year after. I guess injuries haven't helped though.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:14 am

Should of named James McManus, Anthony Quinn, Steve Turner or Jamal Idris. They wouldn't let anyone down, as they've shown in the past Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

So Dugan out.. Hayne to FB, Hopo to Wing, Idris to Centre?

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:15 am

Thought that Morris, Idris would definitely be both ahead of William Hopoate but they are not for Stuart. Good luck to Hopoate but its still a shock decision. A very youthful backline apart from Gasnier!
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:17 am

I think Dugan's spot is still under speculation. If he is ruled out, my guess is Hayne to fullback, Hoppa Jr to Wing and someone else come in at centres, J.Morris or Jamal.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 am

Yeah i think it'll be

1. Hayne
2. Hoppa
3. Idris/Morris?
4. Gasnier
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:10 am

we should have picked Tariq Sims.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 am

Hank Moody wrote:
we should have picked Tariq Sims.

Massive call.

Don't think he is ready just yet but no doubt in the future he will be, possibly even next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official 'BLUES' Thread   The Official 'BLUES' Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official 'BLUES' Thread
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com