Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Expansion

Go down 

Next Expansion
1. Central Coast Bears
Expansion Vote_lcap36%Expansion Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
2. WA Reds
Expansion Vote_lcap21%Expansion Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
3. 4TH QLD Team
Expansion Vote_lcap36%Expansion Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
4. 2ND NZ team
Expansion Vote_lcap7%Expansion Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
5. PNG team
Expansion Vote_lcap0%Expansion Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 am

For me in the next expansion, I'd like to see the Central Coast Bears come in, and a team from Western Australia.
Down the track another QLD team, second NZ team, Parramata and Penrith merge, I know radical but it would mean one less team in Sydney and I think this merger could be a success.
Also I think the Sharks should be relocated to QLD or possibly Adelaide, and a PNG team bought into the QLD cup with a gradual build up to a possible NRL entry within the next 20 years.
Theres my thoughts on this, how about yours?
Go!
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 am

Perth and CQ for me. I believe both of these regions could comfortably handle an NRL team.

If the Sharks were to move anywhere why not the Central Coast? I can't see the point of introducing another team into NSW when a number of Sydney teams are really stuggling. I agree Adelaide would be a reasonable option but I can't see a relocation into QLD being overlly successful.
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:24 am

jackcf_93 wrote:
Perth and CQ for me. I believe both of these regions could comfortably handle an NRL team.

If the Sharks were to move anywhere why not the Central Coast? I can't see the point of introducing another team into NSW when a number of Sydney teams are really stuggling. I agree Adelaide would be a reasonable option but I can't see a relocation into QLD being overlly successful.

I made it multiple, so you can add the other team you want to see come in next if you like.

I think it would be an injustice for the Bears if the Sharks were chosen over them, they have put alot of groundwork in to getting started up again there, while Cronulla has dicked around, you can see from what happenned at the ground in Rd 5 what a complete shambles the club is, nothing against Shark supporters they deserve better than this.
If the Sharks were to move, I think either Adelaide Sharks, or Central QLD Sharks would be good.

And definitely WA as one of the teams in next.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:29 am

I would go WA and another Qld team as well.

Central Coast unlucky but we have too many NSW teams as it is and if we want to be truly "National" we should look to places like WA first. Unless the Sharks or another team want to relocate, which would be unfair to both parties. All my opinion.

In saying it all I think the NRL will go with the Central Coast Bears and WA.
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 am

Now thats more constructive, thankyou.
Back to top Go down
Ruggerhead
Veteran
Ruggerhead

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 11:16 am

I think a second nz team and either Perth/central coast maybe add these 3 and drop the sharks or move them to either perth/wellington.

Wellington Sharks sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:03 pm

sharks need to relocate. what makes you so sure another expansion will happen? keep the 16 teams we have now.
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 am

keno wrote:
sharks need to relocate. what makes you so sure another expansion will happen? keep the 16 teams we have now.

Gallop wouldnt be wasting peoples time if an expansion wasnt going to happen, the only way it wont is if the bids dont measure up, which I think two of them the Central Coast Bears and the WA Reds will easily.
Yes and Sharks need to go elsewhere, too may teams in one city, there should be only 5 or 6 at the most in Sydney, if I had to pick 6 to stay it would be Dragons, Bulldogs, Eels, Sea Eagles, Tigers and Roosters.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 am

technically the dragons aren't Sydney, they are Wollongong so take off the St. George crap and they will be right
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:19 am

Hank Moody wrote:
technically the dragons aren't Sydney, they are Wollongong so take off the St. George crap and they will be right

yeah probably true, Id like to see the St Geo-Illa merge disolved, give back the Illawarra their own team, move the sharks to Queensland or Adelaide, then St George would be back as they existed before Cronulla came in the only team in that area with plenty of Sutherland juniors in place of the Illawarra ones.
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 am

The Midnight Tinkler wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

yeah probably true, Id like to see the St Geo-Illa merge disolved, give back the Illawarra their own team, move the sharks to Queensland or Adelaide, then St George would be back as they existed before Cronulla came in the only team in that area with plenty of Sutherland juniors in place of the Illawarra ones.
you say there are too many teams in sydney region before, now you want to split up a merger club which is going well while only relocating one other sydney team.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 am

agreed about the Illawarra area being its own team again. i wrote an article about it not too long ago.

not sure on everthing else you said.

6 sydney teams: Roosters, Rabbitohs, Parramatta/Penrith, Bulldogs, Tigers, Eagles

Then Newcastle and Illawarra.
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 am

Hank Moody wrote:
agreed about the Illawarra area being its own team again. i wrote an article about it not too long ago.

6 sydney teams: Roosters, Rabbitohs, Parramatta/Penrith, Bulldogs, Tigers, Eagles

why do you think illawarra steelers back?
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:40 am

keno wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

yeah probably true, Id like to see the St Geo-Illa merge dissolved, give back the Illawarra their own team, move the sharks to Queensland or Adelaide, then St George would be back as they existed before Cronulla came in the only team in that area with plenty of Sutherland juniors in place of the Illawarra ones.
you say there are too many teams in Sydney region before, now you want to split up a merger club which is going well while only relocating one other Sydney team.

Illawarra isnt in the Sydney region, I just think it would be better for league to have St George back as the only team in the shire area, Sharks move out, the proper logical mergers should be Parramatta and Penrith, and the 2 inner city clubs Souths and Easts, as St George and Cronulla was the ideal merger, Not St George and a team a 150 km away.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 am

keno wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

why do you think illawarra steelers back?

Read my article. i just think Illawarra deserves to get some DECENT recognition for once

http://www.thebigtip.com.au/league/big-steel-sure-rise-again
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:44 am

Hank Moody wrote:
Yeah the south coast is a huge league nursery, so it deserves its own club, properly run this time.
St George would be going as good as Cronulla is without them.
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:46 am

keno wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

yeah probably true, Id like to see the St Geo-Illa merge dissolved, give back the Illawarra their own team, move the sharks to Queensland or Adelaide, then St George would be back as they existed before Cronulla came in the only team in that area with plenty of Sutherland juniors in place of the Illawarra ones.
you say there are too many teams in Sydney region before, now you want to split up a merger club which is going well while only relocating one other Sydney team.

Illawarra isnt in the Sydney region, I just think it would be better for league to have St George back as the only team in the shire area, Sharks move out, the proper logical mergers should be Parramatta and Penrith, and the 2 inner city clubs Souths and Easts, as St George and Cronulla was the ideal merger, Not St George and a team a 150 km away.
that makes a bit more sense.
but still i personally think it would open the door up for the separate clubs to be vulnerable on a business side of things and could or would eventually be forced out due to lack of funds.
st george illawarra are going pretty strong, if it ain't broke don't fix it?
Back to top Go down
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
The Midnight Tinkler

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:57 am

keno wrote:

that makes a bit more sense.
but still i personally think it would open the door up for the separate clubs to be vulnerable on a business side of things and could or would eventually be forced out due to lack of funds.
st george illawarra are going pretty strong, if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Its not fair to the Illawarra, St George player wise dont come close to what the South Coast has added, your right its not broke but its not right either.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 am

On the Illawarra subject...

Illawarra deserves more credit. It was so stupid when Johnny Raper, of all people, proceeded to call them St. George. Absolute joke. Pisses me off when people call them St. George, considering the following players who have played for the Dragons this year are from the Illawarra/South Coast or played junior footy there.

Brett Morris
Matt Cooper
Ben Hornby
Michael Weyman
Ben Creagh
Matt Prior
Trent Merrin
Dean Young
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:10 am

I for one would be an Illawarra Steelers fan when they return. I was born in Newcastle but Wollongong is home for me.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:54 am

Brisbane league team in talks with SBW

A Brisbane league franchise that doesn't have a ground, a name or a competition to play in, is in talks to sign All Black Sonny Bill Williams after the Rugby World Cup.

A new Brisbane team is set to be announced by the NRL later this year, joining the competition in 2013, and the franchise is already in talks with Khoder Nasser, the manager of Williams and Wallabies star Quade Cooper, the Sunday Telegraph reports.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10720304

counting their chickens?

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Expansion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expansion   Expansion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expansion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com