Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Monday Night Football

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

Monday Night Football Empty
PostSubject: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:42 am

First of all I would like to say stupid idea. No one bothers to watch Monday Night Football unless there team is playing, The crowds are very limited because people go to work or school the next day, who thought of this terrible idea, I would rather have 3 sunday afternoon games or 4 saturday evening games then the bloody annoying monday night football.

What are your guys thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 am

I love it. Hardly miss a game.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:22 am

I dont mind it. The only thing that bugs me is that if my team played on Monday, can they back it up on Friday (if they have a FNG). But overall, its good.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 am

Na they never schedule a team for Monday and Friday i'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 am

Monday Night Footy is the shit. Love having something to look forward to on crap day like Monday
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:11 am

wouldnt mind seeing thursday night football rather than monday night.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:11 am

brisbane got 25,000 last week
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:08 pm

jtm91 wrote:
yeah but don't they normally get around 40,000?
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Holy Grail wrote:
jtm91 wrote:
yeah but don't they normally get around 40,000?

no, only against the 2 other qld teams and maybe st george. the game tonight had 22,000
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:58 pm

While that was a good crowd had they played that game say on the friday or sunday afternoon they would of been closer to the 30K mark, taking in to account that both Rabbits and Dragons have 40K members between them and that the easter show is on next door.

My theory with the way that fox picks their monday game is they think a week in advance. Say they want a game involving 2 top of the table sides that has potential to be a ratings hit, they will choose the game the week before involving one of those 2 sides to ensure that channel 9 can't have it for their friday night game. for example, next week we play the Dogs on easter saturday, when in previous years at easter time it was the good friday game and a big ratings winner for 9, due to there being no AFL played on good friday. Now Channel 9 couldn't do it this year due to us playing on monday. And for them the next best match up available was Manly Vs Panthers, which is hardly going to be a ratings winner. No disrespect intended to either team but 9 has realized this and decided that their best option would be to show the Tigers Vs Broncos game live in both NSW and QLD.

It's why when the NRL sells its rights next time, they need to be the ones setting what days and time slot each team plays thats best for the clubs/game bottom line. Last weeks Heritage round Tigers/Bunnies game would have had a bigger crowd on the sunday rather then the friday night. The same game the last 3 years played on a sunday both got 30K. Last week they got 22K. While the difference may have been the fact that the tigers decided to play it at SFS this year rather then the SCG the previous 3, and that the Heritage round was played 5 weeks earlier, it was a match up between 2 teams made for sunday footy, but the television networks fail to see this as they only care about their ratings.

Keep the monday game, but don't screw the clubs over ratings. Though I'd prefer an extra sunday game. Say start one at 12, the next one at 2, then the next one at 4. That way 9 can keep their 4pm time slot to lead into the news, but the game will be shown live rather then delayed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday Night Football   Monday Night Football Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monday Night Football
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com