Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Empty
PostSubject: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:41 am

At first thought, it looks like the ball went forward and Lyon was positioned with his side towards the players.

What are your thoughts on the decision?? Did Lyon knock the ball forward or back??
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:42 am

It was a knock on for mine
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:45 am

Upon seeing the footage a thousand times, the ball definitely did not go forward, but didn't go backwards too visibly, it was in line, which would generally mean it's not a knock on.
Video refs get decisons wrong all the time, I think RL is used to it by now.

Simpkind got dropped, which would generally assume he got the decision wrong.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I think it was line call. The way that Lyon was facing and the position of his hands made it hard to definitely say it was a knock on or back. If he ruled the other way we'd prob still be in the same position. I don't think he deserved the sack over it but.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

If the ref calls a knock-on on the spot we dont hear another word of it. Knock ons like that are called up every week. Obviously im biased but Im happy with the call. Unlucky for Manly but we were the better team anyway.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:16 pm

50/50 call i say. It went our way this time. Every club has experienced some tough decisions in their time, you just can't stop them i guess.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:22 pm

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

To say that Manly were 'robbed' is stupid. What's to say that Cowboys kick the kick off dead or regain the ball and score? Saying they were 'robbed' is a naive statement if you ask me.

Plus William Hopoate takes Bowen out of a bombing contest, it's given line drop out and Manly score off it.

Then Matai clearly has his foot on the line but the touchie missed it for some reason.

It all evens itself out, but personally I was alright with the call anyway, most neutral league fans are 50/50 on the call.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:51 pm

Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? 100x75.jpg?center=0

Quite pixelated but it still clearly shows that the ball is knocked on?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??   Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jaime Lyon: Knock on or Knock back??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com