Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NRL INFO website

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zammit10
Trainee

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 7:06 am

At school we have been asked to create a website, me and a few friends started..

To start it off we thought to just make a template kind of thing on "Yola"

Our idea was instead of going to DT,SMH,FOX,NRL.COM ECT Every day just get it all at one place!

So this is what we have come up with so far:

http://nrlinfo.yolasite.com/

also visit the facebook page too

Nrl Info Facebook Page

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:15 am

I am saying this with the upmost respect of your efforts.

In these times this idea of a website is already generalized off the media's perspective because the more hits means money to them. They often steal off each other and slightly reword it to avoid scrutiny.

When players and player managers and club officials hold press releases every man and his dog are all on standby and will all recieve the same quotes to use their respective article publications, again they'd be re-worded differently but more to the point it'll be the same thing.

If a story is big enough, every reputable league media companie(s) will be onto it and they will basically re-tell what they heard in their own versions, therefore it will be on every site and hardly the need to browse site(s).

If your website is going to have a story by a player told in several different ways by different sources of media then it will look ridiculously messy and if you were only going to choose one of those articles then you are defeating your own purpose then.

And if any of what i said is making no sense then Sportsnewsfirst is basically the commercial version of what your trying to achieve

I hold a personal contact with the main league jounalist at snf and his exact words is 'I tend to give everything a plug cause more hits equal more money to him commision based' he was signed up by rlw and holds a column there too because of his ability to hold exclusives, great writer.

Basically five years ago your idea wouldn't of been too much of a dead loss but with the game set for expansion and more and more money is funded by news ltd and the arl, more revenue is being produced and the media is naturally expaning cause of that and its just one big room of media scavengers against one another and will have most of the big seller articles on their site.

Obviously this site was build on the basis of a hobby and a school project but most teachers will mark on purpose and not so much executing the idea into a project and i see no purpose to it at all, originality is the key.

Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:23 am

For an example of originality over execution please view link.

http://forum.sportal.com.au/viewthread.aspx?t=59130

Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:33 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:40 am

wrong... A purpose is something that has to be closely matched to the specifications to the proposal as can be.

That post had no purpose or no pre-proposal and more importantly it was at least two years ago...

Originality in this sense is something that can be useful and be something that has a good purpose.

Execution in this sense is basically putting the originality of the make-ups of the proposal together.

Since that post is clearly off-topic has no proposal and no purpose then it is off-topic to this instance. Also it's clearly void to the original posters knowledge status.

Take a walk, pal.

Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:42 am

Quote :

I hold a personal contact with the main league jounalist

Oh so that's your source

*waits 4 Tanswell*

Last edited by SUGEKNIGHT on Sat May 28, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:45 am

You must be pretty rich. Must cost heaps to hire a personal private league journalist
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Hat trick rabbit at his lying best. Buying the telegraph doesn't mean you have a personal contract to there writers.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Who'd buy the telegraph??
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 1:17 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Who'd buy the telegraph??
A dumbass
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:07 am

brenton can easily back me up on this one. But want to have a wager on this tanswell?
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:02 am

God this isn't going to be one of those pathetic lame ass "I win, you leave, You win, I leave" kind of wagers is it??
Back to top Go down
dragons10
Veteran
dragons10

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:35 am

thehattrickrabbit is right about this (for once) Laughing the journalist he is mates of is Nathan Ryan even look at Hattricks facebook for proof or even ask Brenton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NRL INFO website  Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL INFO website    NRL INFO website  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NRL INFO website
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com