Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NSW's Dilemma

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:41 pm

The more I see of NSW the more I think they are getting on the right track with the a certain core of the team they play.

A few NSW players didn't play that well though the only thing QLD have over NSW at the moment is EXPERIENCE!. NSW have identified that QLD's ruck defense at times is very poor and although he didn't play great I think Gidley is a key to the future for them.

The loss of Lockyer for next year and onwards is a significant blow to the Maroons, It's not rocket science that fact. So NSW need to cash in on this more then ever now, a big piece of the Maroons puzzle is gone.

It would be considerably dumb in my honest opinion if NSW dropped players just because they played poorly. The only way they will develop in the origin arena is if you persist with them!. Sure a few changes will be made but they absolutely must retain the same core for Game I next year at least.

Brett Stewart providing he gets through the year and has a clean off-season unscathed is EASILY the most stable option for NSW at Fullback.

Akuila Uate one wing, Michael Gordon is the other.

Jarryd Hayne showed alot of character tonight, Thought he'd absolutely crumble in defense but I was proven wrong. I think they must keep him there for Game I alongside Michael Jennings, Two very capable attacking players.

Obviously Matt King is an outside option too, If anything his defense has been absolutely top class in the ESL as has his attack, But he will be generally a year older once he gets here and may not be as effective in attack so we will wait and see but at the moment I think he'd be the logical choice on the wing cause of his height and ability in the air and he'd be a massive help on say Hayne's wing whose defense is questionable, If Hayne fails in defense game I, I'd bring King in for Gordon. King is slightly better in defense and I think would absolutely own Yow Yeh in the air and has the experience.

1. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tolman
11. Watmough
12. Bird
13. Fensom

14. Lewis
15. Mannah
16. G Stewart
17. Sims
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Our dilemma is a halfback. Pearce, yeah he goes alright (ha, very generous of me) but QLD have millions of them in the ranks, matchwinning consistant halfbacks.

I don't know how it worked but Hayne at centre didn't go too bad at all, so Sticky might be onto something there.

You gotta keep Ennis and Scott in the team, they always have a dig and neither take a backward step, I hate em but love em at the same time.

I like the inclusion of Fensom, but off the bench, push Bird to lock and Scott in.

And you mentioned sticking with a core group of players..you've changed like half the side?
Then said Gidley is the future, and didn't put him in the side?

1. B. Stewart
2. Gordon
3. Gasnier
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Soward
7. WHOEVER PUTS THEIR HAND UP, BRING BACK BENNY HORNBY!
8. Mannah
9. Ennis
10. Gallen
11. Scott
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Gidley
15. Lewis
16. Fensom
17. G. Stewart
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Way too early to predict next year's SOO but I'll have a crack.

1. Josh Dugan/Michael Gordon
2. Michael Gordon/Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jarryd Hayne/Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jamie Soward
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Robbie Farah/Michael Ennis
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Beau Scott
12. Anthony Watmough/Glenn Stewart
13. Greg Bird

14. Tim Mannah
15. Glenn Stewart/Anthony Watmough
16. Tariq Sims
17. Luke Lewis

Depending on whether Michael Gordon can replicate his outstanding form prior to his season ending injury earlier this season, I'd definitely have him at fullback over Mini, Dugan, Stewart and others.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Would love to see JJ in the number 7 in next year's Origin Series. Did he play tonight?
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 am

Move Soward to Halfback?
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 am

I'd bring back Dugan. Dugan played well in his debut match and has a long, successful career in rep footy ahead of him. Stewart on the other hand, I'm sure would get the job done, but if NSW are looking to re-build I think it only makes sense to bring in Dugan, who will be 22 come next year's series, rather than Stewart who would be 28.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 am

1. B. Stewart
2. M. Gordon
3. J. Hayne
4. M. Jennings
5. A. Uate
6. J. Soward
7. J. Mullen/J. Maloney (they're definitely going to stick with Pearce though)
8. T. Mannah
9. R. Farrah
10. K. Snowden
11. A. Watmough
12. G. Stewart
13. P. Gallen (C)

14. K. Gidley
15. G. Bird/B. Scott
16. L. Lewis
17. T. Learoyd-Lahrs

Gasnier, Pearce, Minichello all have got to go.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:57 am

If Tariq keeps up his current form he has to be in there somewhere next year
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah i agree with Hendo on the 3 that have to go, and Sims needs to be in there..
Back to top Go down
Phillip Gould
Rookie
Phillip Gould

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:37 am

Mitchell Pearce I believe was quite ordinary during the Origin Series. I am a big Hayne supporter at five eighth, and if Stephen Kearney sticks with playing him there for the rest of the season and also next season, he could be a bolter for the NSW #6.
Jamie Soward could easily shift to #7 while Hayne plays at six.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:27 am

Phillip Gould wrote:
Mitchell Pearce I believe was quite ordinary during the Origin Series. I am a big Hayne supporter at five eighth, and if Stephen Kearney sticks with playing him there for the rest of the season and also next season, he could be a bolter for the NSW #6.
Jamie Soward could easily shift to #7 while Hayne plays at six.

Now we know that your not really Gus. He'd never have a bad word to say about JrJr
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 10:30 am

Pretty sure i've heard Gus say he doesn't feel Hayne is ready to step in at 6 yet, (this was a while ago), could be wrong though.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Phillip Gould
Rookie
Phillip Gould

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 11:12 am

Changed my tune lad. I feel he is ready now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NSW's Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: Re: NSW's Dilemma   NSW's Dilemma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSW's Dilemma
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com