Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Brisbane Bombers

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:10 am

Brisbane Bombers Bbcrop-preview

Brisbane Bombers set to take flight
By Nathan Ryan
13 July 2011 03:01PM EST

TAKE a look at the logo for the Brisbane team bidding to enter the NRL as early as 2013.

The Brisbane Bombers is the name expected to be unveiled tomorrow and sportsnewsfirst.com.au can exclusively reveal the logo.

The emblem sports a bomber pilot with silver wings on both sides with matching blue stars and uses a navy blue and orange/gold colour scheme.

It was lodged with Australia's trademarking authorities last week.

The Brisbane bid team have their sights set on ARU star Quade Cooper and NZRU and former Bulldog Sonny-Bill Williams as their prime targets for the expansion.

They also have also reportedly secured 18 players with a letter of intent to join the side along with earmarking top talent including Petero Civoniceva who will be 37 as targets should the bid be accepted for 2013.

Already the club has announced Centrebet, Bundaberg, Canterbury clothing and Austereo radio brand B105.

On the bid’s website battleforbrisbane.com.au the consortium has listed a number of potential names, with the Bombers listed a long side the Barracudas, Bayliners, Bobcats, Braves and Heat.

With one of the first tasks for the incoming Independent Commission exploring expansion, Craig Davison who has been the bid’s official spokesperson will launch the teams name on Thursday.

On their website, the group have outlined the scope and direction of the bid and the impact a second Brisbane team will have in the Rugby League community from grassroots through to the corporate sector.

“We’re incredibly confident in the product we are creating and will continue to develop until such time the Independent Commission calls for bid tenders,” Davison said in a statement on the website.

“We have a number of private investors on board and now that we’ve declared our hand, we’ll have plenty more coming on board over the coming weeks and months.”

The consortium may face a legal battle with AFL club Essendon, who are the Bombers should the name be unveiled tomorrow which appears very likely after the Brisbane Bombers Rugby League Football Club Pty Ltd was registered with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission on February 25 and the business name "Brisbane Bombers" was registered with ASIC on July 5.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/07/13/brisbane-bombers-set-to-take-flight/
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:16 am

Surely they could have come up with a better name and logo. Bombers, how very GayFL of them.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:38 am

Yeah that is pretty shit tbh and the logo looks bad.

Don't mind Brisbane Heat but that's the new name of the T20 Brisbane team.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:41 am

Barracudas, Bayliners, Bobcats, Braves and Heat.

All them are horrible names.

Braves remind me of Baseball and Bayliners remind me of Fag Central San Francisco and I think it was on Baseketball one of the teams haha
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am

should be the beasts.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 am

should be non existent.
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:51 pm

I really like the logo.
Shitty name though.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah same. I like the logo. The name sucks
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Essendon is focusing on regaining their feet as a big and dominant club after some leaner years, so I think we will be respectful about this by letting them share the name, or we will sue the absolute pants off them. Hoping it's the latter, that logo and those colours are an eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 am

Should've just went with the Brisbane Jets. Like really? Bombers?
Back to top Go down
tk101
Veteran
tk101

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:58 am

jtm91 wrote:
should be non existent.

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/tk_tk
Roger
Administrator
Roger

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:25 am

Terrible idea in my opinion. Surely other areas should become a team before a second Brisbane team?
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 am

Perth should be number 1 on the list, then either Central Queensland or Central Coast, then the Bombers
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:54 am

They should've brought back the oldies like Perth Reds etc.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:13 am

The Brisbane Bombers arent actually in the comp yet though
Back to top Go down
Roger
Administrator
Roger

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:17 am

Brad wrote:
The Brisbane Bombers arent actually in the comp yet though

Yeah, but I think the reason it is gaining headlines is because of the name. If it were some totally different name I don't think it would be talked about as much as it is now.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:34 am

Yeah true, it'd be big news in the League world and thats about it. My comment was in response to all stars "They shouldve brought back the Reds". Well they probably will
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:04 pm

crushers?
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Not sure how they would get fans with the majority in Brisbane already supporting the Broncos, and surely the rest either go for Cowboys/Titans or another club.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:49 pm

They should name the team The Brisbane Bumblebees.. They already have the perfect mascot.. Grin

Brisbane Bombers Simpbu10
Back to top Go down
Alobarr9
Trainee

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am

After playing in Perth the last couple of seasons I can safely say that there certainly is a market over there, especially with all the ex-pat east coasters. They'd get as many to games as average numbers over here I'd say. http://www.warzone.net.au/ Good luck to them.

As for the Bombers, I think QLD should def get another team... whether it be in Brizzy or Central I can't say. But I would've gone for the great Baboon as a mascot!
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Anyone see on the footy show how they have got letters of interest from a bunch of players? Anyone know/heard of any of those players? Would be good to see who there targeting.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:54 pm

They are targeting Cooper Cronk but he hasn't signed a letter of interest yet. That's all I know
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:01 pm

I read a while ago they were targeting Petro and Cam Smith as well. No idea on the letters though
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 am

SBW, Cooper, Folau etc are a few other names they've apparently targeted... good luck trying to sign any of them though.

Brisbane Bombers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brisbane Bombers   Brisbane Bombers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brisbane Bombers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com