Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:05 am

23 July - Australia v South Africa
30 July - New Zealand v South Africa
6 August - New Zealand v Australia
13 August - South Africa v Australia
20 August - South Africa v New Zealand
27 August - Australia v New Zealand

Champions: All Blacks
Leading Try Scorer: James O'Connor
Leading Pts Scorer: Dan Carter

Last edited by Panthers on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:15 am

Champions: Wallabies
Leading Try Scorer: Diggers
Leading Pts Scorer: Carter

Quade/O'Connor/Beale will probs all share the kicking duties.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 am

I think we'll win both our matches at home (AB's will be super tough, although they'll be returning from SA). It all comes down to the South African leg for mine, we haven't been that great away from home in past years but with a weakened Springboks side set to play it's a real 50/50 clash.

Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Champions: New Zealand
Leading Try Scorer: Digby Ioane

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:47 am

We got fkin belted, a few rubbish decisions didn't help but that AB side last night were seriously on their game. From the get go they came out aggressive and we just let them dominate us. Nonu showed last night why he has to be in that team come WC, absolutely tore us to shreds, can't believe people are even questioning his place in the side he is a superstar. Carter gave Coops a lesson once again, he is the complete player, Quade has such a long way to go before he is even close to Carter. He had a mare, i love the way he plays but mate not every bloody play do you have to try and create something, take the safe option once in a while especially against a team of the Abs calibre. Seems like the harder he trys to pull something off the more he fks up, in Super rugby it just happens for him. Also must say not liking McCabe in the centres at all.

Positives i thought Diggers and O'Connor were very good.

Please bring back the Ka Mate Haka, not a fan of the other one, doesn't have as much energy to it or something i dunno.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:40 am

You're dead right on Cooper there - the media is actually not a small part to blame there, heaping praise on the guy and so he feels like he has to deliver every time - to his own detriment, especially when Carter's on the sort of form he was last night.

I actually thought McCabe conducted himself well considering AAC was invisible for the bulk of the match and both Nonu and Smith were in sublime form.

Ioane is the real danger man and so often gets forgotten behind Genia/Cooper/Beiber/Beale

I understand what you mean about Kapa O Pango not having as much energy as Ka Mate, but it's not supposed to, it's a much deeper challenge, one that really means we're here to do business which is why they typically pull it out in the really big matches - you know if they do that for you then they're here to play...of course the used it v France in 2007...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Champions: New Zealand
Leading Try Scorer: Corey Jane
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am

just before we carry on I'd just like to point out...
1) King Richie the lionHeart was outstanding
2) Pocock who? all the bluster bout Pocock being the man amounted to AUS' points scored in the 1st half
3) Digby is Australia's most dangerous talent. Offensively brave and defensively abrasive. ps- not only is digby from my hometown Wellington he's also Samoan!! yeah baby REPRESENT!!
4) Elsom needs to go and Higginbotham brought into the starting lineup
5) cooper who? get sick of the media pumping him up when this is the real cooper. can play well if you let him but with a bit of pressure he runs out of ideas.

I hope the AUS players (past and present) learn to shut up and play the game on the field. was getting sick of the crap last week with aus being in the media so much bout how they could beat anyone blah blah blah. who looks like a bunch of dix now?
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Really gutsy win from the boys last night. Probably one of the worst games in quite some time and the ref was fkn woeful, but a win is a win. Big Kev was superb and I honestly reckon Elsom had his best game in about two years.

Can't wait for the AB's return match in a couple of weeks, will be a massive test heading into the World Cup. Speaking of the WC, what's the buzz like across the ditch? Not long to go now! Razz

Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 pm

yeah an all right win for AUS last night. Was good to see higginbotham start but perfer him at 6 rather than 8.

though this game was stagnant at times its the style of play the AB's need to master from the WC quarter finals onwards.

cooper again had an average night and his defensive positional play was suspect. put in a few tackles but also screwed up the defence line a couple of times standing round getting in the way. cooper was lucky to escape bout 3 penalties around the ruck when he was standing round like a lost tourist then wandered into an off side position trying ineffectively to slow down ball. these lapses coulda easily have cost AUS the game

pocock had a slightly better game than he did last week but is still way below his usual annoying best.

agree with panthers in that elsom definately had a massive game, the best since he came back from to the S/Hemisphere. i still think that he's got higginbothams jersey, especially when palu comes back to play 8
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 am

James O'Connor seen out at Sydney nightclubs before missing all his commitments the next day. Included team photo, squad announcement, team meeting etc.. Most likely dumped for game against ABS. Last thing we need at the moment. Pull your head in mate!!!

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:40 am

He was actually busy with his other job as a Justin Beiber impersonator Wink
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:04 am

All Blacks team named to play Australia:
1. Tony Woodcock, 2. Keven Mealamu, 3. Owen Franks, 4. Brad Thorn, 5. Sam Whitelock, 6. Adam Thomson, 7. Richie McCaw (capt), 8. Kieran Read, 9. Piri Weepu, 10. Dan Carter, 11. Zac Guildford, 12. Ma'a Nonu, 13. Conrad Smith, 14. Cory Jane, 15. Mils Muliaina.

Reserves:
16. Andrew Hore, 17. John Afoa, 18. Ali Williams, 19. Victor Vito, 20. Andy Ellis, 21. Colin Slade, 22. Isaia Toeava.

Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 am

teams good. other than kaino its pretty much a full strength squad. vito hopefully gets some good gametime as i'm not convinced enough he shuld be in the side.
like the front row, woodcock and oFranks have easily got to be our best and they can start building a rapport. afoa's in for his versatility so suppose i cant complain there.
slade is going to need some serious game time as well, though good to know that cruden is experiencing excellent form atm and is only a phone call away.
piri starts nice.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:10 am

Yea Kaino and Dagg for Thomson and Mils.

Then a couple of changes to the bench.

Awesome weekend of sport ahead. All Blacks Tri-Nations decider, Magpies shield challenge then the Warriors hoping to keep hold of that 4th spot. BRING IT ON!

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 am

Kaino is definitely in the top XV, I'm not sold on Dagg supplanting Mils just yet, I'd rather have Dagg playing at 11 along-side Jane and Mils - but then I think far less of Guildford than you lot eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:10 am

Time to get back this trophy, yes Graham Henry we have won it you arrogant bastard!! Laughing

Going to be tough without Jimmy O, vital player for us but i think at home with everything on the line we are in with a real shot. Quade is the key for me, he was a massive reason we got dusted up in the last game against NZ, just do the basics mate and when you see that opportunity back yourself. A relaxed Quade Cooper is a match winner, let's hope he is on his game. Up the Wallabies!!

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 am

Beckham wrote:

Champions: Wallabies
Leading Try Scorer: Diggers
Leading Pts Scorer: Carter ?

Just toooo good Grin

Not much chat in here huh Kiwis Laughing

F***ing stoked with the performance, we came out with intent that's for sure and i don't think the ABS knew what hit them.. They got their game together in the 2nd half but thank god the boys held on. Sammmmmmmoo is an absolute beast, had a huge game, as did Genia and as i said earlier if Cooper controlled the game we'd be right in it. Thankfully he got his shit together and had a decent game. AAC was solid so not sure who gets dropped for O'Connor. Big Kev was also massive, loves to lift a trophy that bloke Grin .. Can't really name a bad player actually.. The drought is over, now onto the WC!!

As for the Abs, Guildford was trash, Weepu didn't have much impact? Carter was shocking early but didn't do too badly in the end i guess. Jane doesn't seem to be getting enough ball, Thomson is a completely different player at Super level.. Could go on for a while, you'd want to get your shit together. Maitland should be in this team.

Up the Wallabies !!! cheers

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:47 am

Radike is the man.

Thomson played injured for half an hour, that's why he didn't perfrom.

The only ABs who really performed were Nonu and Smith.

Not too worried about the result, rather lose now then in Auckland in the WC final.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 am

Yeah Samo looked good - worrying that he vanished in the 2nd half though.

Weepu played well I thought but drifted a couple of times badly - best mix is still Cowan starting with Weepu off the bench; thinking same with Hore and Mealamu actually.

Cooper had little to do with that win IMO, it was all in the forwards. Cooper's even been cited for that BS knee on McCaw - idiot.

Genia was all class though - no doubts there.

As Hendo said - rather lose now than in the WC, hopefully this will be a sufficient kick up the arse.

EDIT: Just read Cooper was cleared - insists there's no bad blood though which is BS, that knee was accidental but there was no accident in his head-shove in hong kong or the knuckle-rubbing he gave McCaw in Auckland.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:48 am

that knee so wasnt accidental. u could see cooper get up , look down; saw it was richie, looked away and brought up the knee. he tried to make it look accidental and woulda got away with it if he hadnt so blatantly looked directly at richie first.

all good, petty bs that has no reflection on the game.

kinda glad cooper got off though as wouldnt want him to miss the WC

anyway it was a good game and glad we lost. reality check; you cant win games by playing at 80%

nonu and smith rocked

bye bye guildford and $bw, u guys are going to the mid week team

genia's definately a standout player. i'd seat him as world #1 half back at the moment until fourieDupree recovers his form.

woodcock played awesome!! good to see him get back to form. his hit at the base of the ruck on the line where the guy sommersaulted was pure agression devoid of thought or selfpreservation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion   Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tri-Nations Predictions + Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com