Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
manly-liverpool-fan
Trainee
manly-liverpool-fan

MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Empty
PostSubject: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:40 pm

After seeing the Dragons & the Cowboys losing tonight to the Storm & Rabbitohs respectively. Manly have assured a top 3 finish. Also with the Storm winning, Manly can't catch the Storm even though Manly win the last three and Storm losing their remaining two. The worse Manly can finish is 3rd, and the best is 2nd. Therefore teams 4 v 5 will play Friday 9th September, Teams 3 v 6 and 2 v 7 will play Saturday 10th September and 1 (Melbourne Storm) v 8th will play Sunday 11th September. Oh Dear September 11th!!! Yaiks..will that be a curse for the Storm? lol
So I jotted down in my diary and made a date to go to the game. It will be a Home-Semi for Manly. With the new rule Sydney teams can't play their home semi final at their suburban grounds. It will be either ANZ Stadium or Sydney Football Stadium.

Overall it should be an electric final series with the Melbourne Storm (even though I loath them) showing their invincibility, Manly just keeping winning, Brisbane Broncos the same as Manly, Wests Tigers end of season surge, Warriors unpredictable can cause damage, Dragons in a slump but won't write them off as yet, Cowboys in a slump too-write them off, a dogfight for one position between 3 teams (Newcastle Knights, South Sydney Rabbitohs & Canterbury Bulldogs). With the Bulldogs playing the Knights at ANZ in Round 25, Knights play the Bunnies in the final Round. I think if the Bunnies can grab 8th spot, I think that the Bunnies can upset the Storm in the 1 v 8 Qualifying Final match. Just like the Warriors did in 2008.

YOUR THOUGHTS !!

Last edited by manly-liverpool-fan on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:50 pm

I reckon we'll come 7th and get smashed by Manly in the first week of finals.

Melbourne won't win the comp I reckon, it will be a repeat of 2006, where they dominated the regular season and fell at the last hurdle.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:48 pm

My birthday is Sept 11.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
manly-liverpool-fan
Trainee
manly-liverpool-fan

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:

I'm tipping a Birthday present for you, champ. I'd love to see the Bunnies make the finals. They are playing great footy.
In the 1 v 8 Qualifying Final, the Bunnies will upset the Storm in Melbourne.
BEST OF LUCK BROTHER !!!!
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 8:09 pm

manly-liverpool-fan wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:

I'm tipping a Birthday present for you, champ. I'd love to see the Bunnies make the finals. They are playing great footy.
In the 1 v 8 Qualifying Final, the Bunnies will upset the Storm in Melbourne.
BEST OF LUCK BROTHER !!!!

Thanx mate. And welcome to TFW.. Hopefully the Mighty Rabbits scrape in there, but I think it just got that little bit harder now with Merritt and Sutton probably missing a couple weeks each... A club can only have so much depth before it runs out.

Next weeks team would prob look like this if they are both out.

1. Roberts/Wesser
2. Roberts/Talanoa Sad
3. Farrell
4. Corrigan/Inglis
5. McQueen
6. Inglis/Luke
7. Sandow
8. Ross
9. Luke/Peats
10. Asotasi/McPherson
11. Pettybourne
12. Taylor
13. Crocker

14. Peats
15. McPherson
16. Clark
17. Tyrell

If Wesser's fit, him at Fb, Roberts wing and Talanoa L.R.O.. Asotasi is a chance next week with either of Clark or Tyrell to drop off. Though I wouldn't mind Luke to 5/8 with Inglis staying center and Peats taking over the Hooking duties and Corrigan, or even Wesser, the one missing out. That way our left edge keeps it's attacking advantage with Inglis and Taylor charging out wide, and there's no reason why Luke and Peats can't share the dummy half running.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 am

I reckon Malcolm Mundine will get his debut. I watched play for the Bears last week and he was excellent. His scored a try off a great left-foot step
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:44 am

Unless Melbourne fall into a massive hole the last two, yeah they've wrapped up the minor premiership.

Should be one the better final series I reckon, every team genuinely has a shot at winning the comp, and if the Bunnies beat the Knights which they should, they're gonna prove a threat from the bottom of the table with nothing to lose.
Keen for finals !
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:56 am

I just dont want the Storm to win
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:05 am

Now that Panthers are out of contentions, come finals time, Melbourne would be the side I'll be supporting. It'll be the perfect redemption for the Melbourne side really. Putting all that salary cap scandal behind them after a year of playing for nothing... and the year after they win 2011. Imagine that. My prediction for the grand finalists are Manly and Melbourne. If that were to be the case, hopefully it wouldn't be another 40-0 thrashing.
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Lol, why is everyone writing off the knights.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 2:37 am

Holy Grail wrote:
Lol, why is everyone writing off the knights.

cause their shit Razz
Back to top Go down
jackcf_93
Veteran
jackcf_93

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:33 am

Hoping for Cowboys v Broncos at Suncorp (3 v 6).
We didn't play too poorly against the Rabbitohs and hopefully our form can keep improving in the last 2 weeks.
I think Manly and Melbourne will both get the job down against the lower teams so assuming we finish 6th or better we should at least get a second shot.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:25 am

i think it will be

Friday Night 7.35 : Warriors V Dragons
Saturday 6.30 : Brisbane V Tigers
Saturday 8.30 : Manly V Cowboys
Sunday 4.00 : Melbourne V Knights
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:36 am

Tigers vs Broncos would be awesome
Back to top Go down
manly-liverpool-fan
Trainee
manly-liverpool-fan

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 am

This Friday would be awesome too. A massive game "Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm"from fortress Brookvale Oval. I'll be there !!!!! Its going to be sold-out. Wouldn't be surprised if its going to be new ground record this Friday Night !!!

GO THE SEA EAGLES !!!!
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 am

going for manly so melbourne doesn't catch the roars 28 unbeaten Laughing
Back to top Go down
manly-liverpool-fan
Trainee
manly-liverpool-fan

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 am

Storm won't win. Manly is unbeaten at Brookie this year & Storm are due for a loss. It won't have any affect on the Premiership table, coz Melbourne has wrapped up the minor premiership. We (Manly) just want to prove to them that we can beat them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)   MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANLY's guaranteed FINAL's Date (Saturday 10th September,2011)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com