Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Would this team beat NSW?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Would this team beat NSW? Empty
PostSubject: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:01 am

1. Matt Bowen
2. Ashley Graham
3. Brent Tate
4. Dane Nielsen
5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Daly Cherry-Evans
7. Chris Sandow
8. Martin Kennedy
9. Matt Ballin
10. Neville Costigan
11. Jacob Lillyman
12. Michael Crocker [c]
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Ben Barba
15. Gavin Cooper
16. Ben Ross
17. Matt Gillett

I think if not, They'd have a massive chance. The Depth that QLD has is amazing considering 11 teams are NSW/ACT based, 3 QLD, 1 Victoria and 1 NZ.

They'd certainly beat whatever depth NSW has. Alot of those players have alot of experience at origin level. Johnson, Crocker, Lillyman, Tate, Bowen are the main ones, Nielsen and Tuqiri also.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:15 am

Nah Gillett is playing Laughing

Decent depth:

Ben Te'o
Jack Reed
David Shillington (if he doesn't get picked)
Scott Prince
Bobby Blair
Jake Friend
Aidan Guerra
Michael Luck
Shaun Berrigan

Doubt they could beat full strength NSW being realistic but they certainly wouldn't get flogged.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:33 am

Guerra was the 18th man, I picked Gillett over him, JUST. But I left Shillington out on the BOTD that he'd make the 17 Injury free. It's arguable Costigan would have a chance also.

Next year wise, I think the only spot up for grabs is the utility role which will go to one of Sandow, Barba or Bowen, Cronk shifting to Hooker as he isually does.

I think Martin Kennedy could really stake him claim, Providing he starts next year like he did this year, Ben Ross is in pretty good form at the moment too as a real darkhorse.

Johnson could make it also, pushing Harrison to the bench potentially.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 am

It's probably also arguable that Tonga doesn't make it full-strength. But Hodges is hardly a sure bet in terms of featuring in all three matches due to injury.
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Sandow and the front row are the only real let downs in that team IMO. If you could have Cronk (who really doesnt doesnt play much) and maybe Prince in the halves, Tonga instead of Nielson (Tonga won't play for QLD at full strength) and one of Parker, Shillo or Taylor it would look a heap better.

It would give NSW a run for their money, thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:01 pm

I think we've seen this year that Ash Harrison has definitely eclipsed Johnson now. He does everything Johnson does in terms of defence but offers a lot more in other areas of the game.
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 4:51 pm

SBW wrote:
I think we've seen this year that Ash Harrison has definitely eclipsed Johnson now. He does everything Johnson does in terms of defence but offers a lot more in other areas of the game.

Really? Based on his origin performances I reckon Harrison has gone down hill quite a bit since about 2 or 3 years ago. He was at his best when he was running wide on the left being a link man between the halves and GI a few years ago. Since he moved to lock I think he has been far less effective. But don't get me down, he is certainly still QLD standard, I just think he was one of our best players back then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would this team beat NSW?   Would this team beat NSW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would this team beat NSW?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com