Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:04 pm

QLD

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Petro
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Parker

14. Barba/ DCE
15. Lillyman
16. Myles
17. Taylor

If Petro out Hannant in, either to start.

Not sure between DCE and Barba, will depend on form next year.

At this stage I'd give Parker the starting lock spot ahead of Harrison, best lock in the game behind Gallen and maybe Stewart.

Back ups would be

Hannant
Shillington
Costigan
Tate
Tonga
Bowen
Johnson
Nielson

Probs a few more I've forgotten.

With that squad I'm expecting another 2-1 win to QLD Very Happy

Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

You don't think Prince would be in there off the bench or even in your back ups?
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Keep an eye out for this

Quote :
JUSTIN Hodges is considering walking away from representative football after a fresh injury saga ended his hopes of joining Broncos teammate Darren Lockyer for his Four Nations swansong.
Hodges' injury-ravaged season ended on a sombre note yesterday, with the centre reluctantly withdrawing from Australia's Four Nations squad due to an ongoing back problem.

The 29-year-old underwent scans yesterday and Hodges concedes he is at a loss to explain his chronic back condition, which appears to have played a role in the three hamstring injuries that punctuated his 2011 campaign.

While he cherishes his Queensland and Australian jumpers, Hodges said he has contemplated giving them up to ensure he stays on the park regularly for the Broncos.

Hodges is tied to the Broncos until the end of 2014 after signing a three-year, $1 million contract in May and he is determined not to be an overpaid passenger in his twilight years.

"It (retiring from representative football) is something I've been thinking about," Hodges said.

"I've actually been thinking about it for two years since I did my achilles.

"It depends on how I'm going, if I'm playing good footy and I'm injury free, then I'd love to keep playing for my state and country, it's the highest honour you can have and I don't want to lose that.

"But this is something I need to seriously think about. The Broncos come first and after everything that's happened, I need to put them first before anyone else."

Hodges, who featured in Australia's Four Nations victory in England two years ago, admits he is concerned by a persistent back problem.

Broncos medicos are monitoring Hodges closely and have placed him on a modified program to work on his core strength and flexibility.

"My back is pretty sore and I don't want to take any chances so I've decided to have a rest," he said.

"I'm not sure what's wrong with my back, I'm getting pain there and it's leading down to my hammies."

Hodges hopes some down time in the off-season will have him fit and firing for the Broncos' 2012 campaign.

"I obviously need some rest and I need treatment on it to get it stronger for next year," he said.

"I haven't had a good pre-season for a while. I want to work on my core and my back and hopefully that will allow me to play every game next year."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/a-fresh-injury-battle-has-justin-hodges-read-to-quite-representative-football/story-e6frfgbo-1226158037773
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Brenton wrote:
2012 Grand Final: Manly v Tigers
Premiers: Tigers
Dally M: JT
ROTY: Jason Taumalolo - if he isn't eligible then who knows.
Coach of the Year: Tim Sheens
Leading Point Scorer: Johnathan Thurston
Leading Try Scorer: Ben Barba
Best Recuit: James Graham
Worst Recruit: Cameron Ciraldo
Most Improved Player: Kane Linnett (will look like a world beater outside JT)
Most Improved Team: Souths. They are surely due for a good year.
Wooden Spooners: Sharks
NSW or QLD: NSW to finally break the streak.
Origin bolters: Tariq Sims.

Your Club: North Queensland Cowboys
Finishing Position: 5th
Leading Try Scorer: Kane Linnett
Leading Point Scorer: JT
Player to hit first grade next season: Michael Parker-Walshe
Player to debut for Origin next season: Tariq Sims.
Best Recruit: Kane Linnett
Worst Recruit: N/A
Surprise Packet: Kane Linnett
Player who flopped: Ash Graham - not really flop, but fall down the pecking order a bit.

As you can see I really rate Linnett

thats a massive wrap for Linnett I don't even think he'll make the team at the start of the year. I'd give Pengai or Winterstien first crack tbh.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Just throw Tate into the centres, I'd rather Tate over Nielson and Tonga
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:36 pm

And yeah it's a big wrap on Linnett but I have rated him for a while. I reckon he could carve it up outside JT, more so then Winterstein. Pangai is a gun too but I dont think he is ready defensively yet.
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:36 pm

2012 Grand Final: Warriors vs. Cowboys
Premiers: Cowboys
Dally M: JT
ROTY: Jason Taumalolo
Coach of the Year: Neil Henry
Leading Point Scorer: Johnathan Thurston
Leading Try Scorer: Nathan Merritt
Best Recuit: Petro Civoneceva
Worst Recruit: Jamal Idris
Most Improved Player: Peter Wallace
Most Improved Team: Raiders
Wooden Spooners: Penrith (Storm)
NSW or QLD: QLD but this is NSW best chance.
Origin bolters: DCE/Gillett (sims is not a bolter he should already have his jersey)

Your Club: Broncos
Finishing Position: 7th
Leading Try Scorer: Yow Yeh
Leading Point Scorer: Parker
Player to hit first grade next season: Frei or Carlaw
Player to debut for Origin next season: Gillett
Best Recruit: Civoneceva
Worst Recruit: whoever else we've recruited
Surprise Packet: Civoneceva
Player who flopped: Gerad Beale.

Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 pm

Brenton wrote:
And yeah it's a big wrap on Linnett but I have rated him for a while. I reckon he could carve it up outside JT, more so then Winterstein. Pangai is a gun too but I dont think he is ready defensively yet.

I don't think his defence will be that big a worry if he's outside T.Sims and inside Graham he could be hidden well. It will be very interesting to see who the cows do choose to replace Tonga it'll be a tough battle imo.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:50 pm

On the Rookies, Taumalolo isnt eligible seeing as he's played 5 games now. Someone picked Shaun Johnson as well. He is definitely NOT eligible either.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

keno wrote:
You don't think Prince would be in there off the bench or even in your back ups?

Off the bench no, as for being a back up, well I did say I may have overlooked someone but I doubt Prince would be considered anyway, I think they'll look to DCE as the future in terms of a back up half, IMO it'd take both JT and Cronk to be out for Prince to play.

Funny how you can take our top three halves out from this years series and we would still have a better halves pairing then NSW lol
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Brad wrote:
On the Rookies, Taumalolo isnt eligible seeing as he's played 5 games now. Someone picked Shaun Johnson as well. He is definitely NOT eligible either.

Hasn't he only played 4?

Bulldogs in 2010
Rabbitohs, Sharks and Warriors in 2011
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Yeah, youre right. Still its 1 game too many
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Ashes wrote:
Brenton wrote:

I don't think his defence will be that big a worry if he's outside T.Sims and inside Graham he could be hidden well. It will be very interesting to see who the cows do choose to replace Tonga it'll be a tough battle imo.

Tate has the right hand centre spot sewn up obviously and he'll be defending next to Graham and Thompson. While if Pangai was picked he'll play left centre and he'll be between Thurston and KFFL, who arent noted defenders. I suppose if Tariq is on that side of the field defending that would strengthen it but I see Pangai being exploited if he is picked.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 pm

Brenton wrote:
Brad wrote:

Hasn't he only played 4?

Bulldogs in 2010
Rabbitohs, Sharks and Warriors in 2011

Yep only 4, I'm assuming Brad only looked at his Wikipedia page which shows 5

http://www.rleague.com/db/player/t/taumalolo_jason/index.php
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Brad wrote:
Yeah, youre right. Still its 1 game too many

Are you sure? I think it's a maximum of four games to still be eligible for the ROTY award not 3 which would mean Jason would just sneak in.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm

There's this

http://www.bigpondsport.com/nrl-rookie-team-of-the-year/tabid/91/newsid/76837/default.aspx

With that in mind, we've named the best 17 young guns of 2011. We've followed the NRL's rules on what counts as a "rookie season" – that is, the first year in which a player played more than three NRL matches.

So because Taumololo only played three games this year he should be eligible for it next year If he plays more than 3 games.
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Scotty wrote:
keno wrote:

Off the bench no, as for being a back up, well I did say I may have overlooked someone but I doubt Prince would be considered anyway, I think they'll look to DCE as the future in terms of a back up half, IMO it'd take both JT and Cronk to be out for Prince to play.

Funny how you can take our top three halves out from this years series and we would still have a better halves pairing then NSW lol
Yeah agreed, it would definitely be wise for them to look at DCE for next years series, especially after him making the Aussie squad and possibly even playing against Wales for the experience. If he keeps his form next year that is, but I'd say he would.

Tell me about it, hopefully one day it will reverse again haha
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 4:42 pm

keno wrote:
Scotty wrote:
keno wrote:

Yeah agreed, it would definitely be wise for them to look at DCE for next years series, especially after him making the Aussie squad and possibly even playing against Wales for the experience. If he keeps his form next year that is, but I'd say he would.

Tell me about it, hopefully one day it will reverse again haha

I dunno, while origin has been going, baring Joey's years, QLD have always seemed to have equal or better halves, one thing we seem really good at producing.
Back to top Go down
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 am

Scotty wrote:
There's this

http://www.bigpondsport.com/nrl-rookie-team-of-the-year/tabid/91/newsid/76837/default.aspx

With that in mind, we've named the best 17 young guns of 2011. We've followed the NRL's rules on what counts as a "rookie season" – that is, the first year in which a player played more than three NRL matches.

So because Taumololo only played three games this year he should be eligible for it next year If he plays more than 3 games.

Ah yep that would explain it. I always looked at it as you had to have played 3 or less games to be eligible, not the first year you play 3 or more games in. Thanks for clearing that up, its always been a shady area.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:15 am

Brad wrote:
Scotty wrote:
There's this

Ah yep that would explain it. I always looked at it as you had to have played 3 or less games to be eligible, not the first year you play 3 or more games in. Thanks for clearing that up, its always been a shady area.

No probs, I didn't know exactly what the rule was till I looked it up either.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 am

Jason Ryles has been pissed off.. Little surprised as he was pretty good towards the end of the year but overall i thought he should have retired so i'm not worried. Wish he finished on his terms by retiring that's all. He could possibly look to play another year somewhere else i'm not too sure, maybe Melbourne?

XOXO
Back to top Go down
DUB
Guru
DUB

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 12:57 am

2012 Grand Final: Tigers Vs Storm
Premiers: Tigers
Dally M: Benji Marshall
ROTY: Ken Sio
Coach of the Year: Kearney
Leading Point Scorer: Burt
Leading Try Scorer: Uate
Best Recuit: James Graham
Worst Recruit: Ryan Hoffman (think he'll be passed it)
Most Improved Player: Hayne (hopefully getting back to his 2009 from Smile )
Most Improved Team: Eels
Wooden Spooners: Panthers
NSW or QLD: NSW
Origin Bolters: Tariq, Maloney, Lawrence

Your Club: Eels
Finishing Position: 6th
Leading Try Scorer: Burt
Leading Point Scorer: Burt
Player to hit first grade next season: Ken Sio
Player to debut for Origin next season: Probs none.
Best Recruit: Sandow
Worst Recruit: Roberts
Surprise Packet: Mautia
Player who flopped: Roberts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions   2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2012 NRL Team Sheets & Predictions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com