Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Des Hasler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Hasler hassled - Manly threatens to implode

Des Hasler 542443-des-hasler-and-david-perry
Fractured relationship: Manly Coach Des Hasler (R) and Chief Executive David Perry (L)
Des Hasler turning his back on Manly is an extremely engaging story and one of the bigger sagas in a long time. Hasler will turn his back on Manly and will sign a multi-million, 3 year deal with the Bulldogs. The decision will likely decimate Manly's playing roster and coaching staff.

"I don't want to be coached by anyone else than Des Hasler". - Kieran Foran

Looks like he is going to the Dogs in 2013.

Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Jamie Lyon, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite, David Williams are rumoured to be leaving Manly due to get-out clauses if Hasler coaches anywhere else. Where they go is anyone's guess but it would be unlikely that any of them will go to the Bulldogs due to salary cap restrictions.

Manly are on the verge of imploding.

Recruitment officer Noel Cleal is likely to follow Hasler, as well as Manly's physio, doctor and trainer.

It's being reported that Hasler was lured to the Dogs due to the challenge to succeed elsewhere and poor decisions made by the administration - most namely the sacking of Peter Peters, who is a favourite of Hasler and the players.

Des Hasler wanted a payrise - Manly didn't go ahead accordingly. Manly then made a last-ditch attempt of $850,000 a year till 2016, but Hasler told them that he already agreed to coach with the Bulldogs in 2013.

Manly had the chance to lock up Hasler for life.

Scott Penn and his staff have sent to club spiraling out of control

There is a possibility that Hasler will not coach Manly next year. It's likely he will stay on, even though it will be in the back of everyone's mind at Manly that he is gone and will decimate their coaching staff in 2013.

With Hasler gone, who are the current front-runners to replace him in 2013?

Nathan Brown and Ricky Stuart appear to be two names that have been floating around. None have fostered success as Stuart just fed off the previous coach Graham Murray for the Premiership in 2002 and Nathan Brown, with a roster that dreams are made of, failed to make a significant impact at the Dragons and was subsequently replaced by Wayne Bennett and headed off to England to coach Huddersfield.

There is also said to be a succession plan in place for Geoff Toovey, former captain of Manly - to take over when the time is right.

If Manly are decimated and destroyed as much as anticipated - surely the time isn't right.

Hope this is a good read, pretty much summed up articles I've read in the past few days. Try and keep Hasler stuff in here if possible, make the forum look neater.
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru
keno

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:44 pm

Terrific read.

An incredible turn of events really, after such a fantastic year for them, that's all going down the toilet apparently from the looks of it if Dessy leaves. Definitely something I'm going to keep an eye on.

Has it been officially confirmed he's signed with the Dogs, or just very strongly rumoured?
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:53 pm

He done his job with manly just like wayne done his job with the dragons.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 am

Yeah good stuff Brenton, pretty terrible situation for us all round. Don't want Stuart or any other failed NRL coaches at our club, gotta be a former Manly player. Toovey wants the job we should give it to him, and we should do it now so he begin building relationships with the players and getting those thinking of leaving to stay put. Love what Dessie has done with our club but if he's definitely going, we just need to move on and start rebuilding towards another premiership, which with all the BS going on you wouldn't believe we won one not even a week ago!

Unfortunately it appears a number of the coaching staff, including Cleal will go with him plus a couple of players, apparently Foran and T-Rex. This sucks.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 am

lol Nathan Brown, Ricky Stuart.
Give Geoff the job. Leave now De$ Halal$er, instead of giving Manly a half arsed effort next season.
Geoff will do a great job, he's been waiting in the wings and he'll go well.
More upset about the players which will leave, Stewarts, Foran, Watmough all have clauses.. we will probably lose one or two of them which is shameful.

Poor form from Ha$ler. Did we win the comp? You wouldn't think so. Leave now and take whoever wants to go with you, Manly will succeed with or without you, it is in our culture.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:21 am

Great write up Brenton, I thought it was a real article at first lol

Anyways, you can get rid of them dollar signs on Des' name manly4lyf haha

Quote :
Hasler said in a statement that he was offered more money to stay at the Sea Eagles, but is leaving to take up a new challenge at the start of the 2013 NRL season.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-08/dogs-confirm-hasler-coup/3380386/?site=sydney
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:01 am

We wouldn't have the money to offer as much as the Dogs would. Greenberg said pretty much the same thing on Triple M this morning.
Bennett said the same thing, yet everyone knows Tinkler threw so much at him and he isn't just going there for the 'challenge'

I'd be getting rid of Hasler now, putting Tooves at the helm. Poor form Des, you have left a sour taste in many Manly supporter's celebrations.
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Professional
ag6858

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:00 am

If Menzies retires at Catalan next year, I reckon he'll have an outside chance to coach Manly, if they are looking for a former Manly player.
Back to top Go down
http://fantasysports.forumotion.co.nz
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 am

ag6858 wrote:
If Menzies retires at Catalan next year, I reckon he'll have an outside chance to coach Manly, if they are looking for a former Manly player.

Do you have any evidence he has any requirements and accolades to be on a first grade coaching staff?.

It's not a chance of happening up to the next five seasons; Not to say he won't end up as a first grade coach in later course.

Having a year off football related work may be on the cards; He'll be turning 40 late 2013 and will be playing his 20th season of competitive football next season; The guy deserves a break and keep in mind he has work with his charity that he runs.
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:37 am

Tell me I'm not the only one that hates THTR.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:55 pm

I thought hatricks comment was pretty good...just because they might be a great player doesnt mean they will make a great coach. Wally Lewis was a pretty crap coach
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:19 am

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
I thought hatricks comment was pretty good...just because they might be a great player doesnt mean they will make a great coach. Wally Lewis was a pretty crap coach
Yeah but ag6858 was just making a suggestion and THTR just tried to fucking do anything possible to make him look like an idiot
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 am

Wtf are you even on about?.
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:09 am

wtf is your avatar about
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 11:16 pm

I like to hear the opinions of the Manly fans on this matter. Would you much rather terminate Des final year or not, hoping he can bring back-to-back premierships.

We all know what happened with the dragons after the 12 april 2011 when Bennett announced he was joining Newcastle, they lost 9 of their past 11. I know there was that origin hoodoo but you can't tell me that that day had no significance on the team.

History does repeat and I think it's best if they let Des go and bring Toovey in to kickstart their 2012 campaign.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:03 am

Tricky question, I wouldn't mind Toovey start next year so he can build the club he wants, yet I don't want Dessie to be punted, and have the clauses in some of the players contracts activated and having to see them go next year.

The Manly Board are at fault, they didn't sign up Des when they had the chance, and now the club, the players and the supporters are feeling it because of their stupid decisions.
Watmough, T-Rex and Foran have came out and said they will be staying regardless of what Des does which is a great deal of confidence for me as a Manly supporter.
If Des coaches next year, I'm sure he will give it his all, yet if Tooves coaches, he'll do the same as well.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Geoff Toovey appointed Manly Sea Eagles coach, Des Hasler to stay on for 2012

MANLY legend Geoff Toovey has been awarded a three-year coaching contract from 2013, with Des Hasler to remain at the helm of the Sea Eagles next season.

After a two-hour emergency board room meeting at Manly chairman Scott Penn's North Sydney offices tonight, the Manly Sea Eagles ratified Geoff Toovey as the best man to guide them out of their current mess.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the decision to appoint Toovey was a move to stabilise the club after the shock defection of two-time premiership-winner Hasler to the Bulldogs.

The seven-member Manly board spoke to Toovey via phone hook-up during the tense emergency meeting.

Full details in tomorrow’s Daily Telegraph.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/n...6163341783

Probably the smartest decision possible and at least it's been made quickly. Tooves will make a great coach and should be able to keep almost all of our squad intact, and hopefully he can follow on from the success Des hopefully brings us in 2012. Cliffy Lyons and the Beaver also rumoured to return to our coaching staff, if so that would be great having 3 Manly legends all around the team..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Des Hasler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Des Hasler   Des Hasler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Des Hasler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com