Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:21 am

[quote="scott.mckenzie"]
Jason wrote:
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Pantherus wrote:
Jason wrote:
Benches:

16 Jason Macdonald > Fairbrother agree
17 Bronson Murray < Coles agree
18 Nasi Manu > Evans agree
19 Isaac Ross > Lowe disagree
20 Kahn Fotuali’I > Mathewson thoroughly disagree
21 Colin Slade < ellison arguable - midfield vs pivot hard to compare
22 Jared Payne > D.Smith disagree

your comments will be appreciated

Mate lol Ross is a 10 times better player than Lowe, he started last year for highlanders. Manu is better, foutili is in superb form. Have you listen to ANZ cup payne is said by all comemtars as the only fullback that runs the ball.

We will see, who is the best super side in rugby... Thats right canterbury

disagree in bold

Mate look super14 champions, and Anz cup champions. ANZ cup doesnt make it is provence stuff. Super14 is the real stuff. You name a better union at the moment

Now you changed it to at the momment

Scott mc. So are you denying that they arent the best super team ever?

Ok they are best super 14 but not best Air Nz Cup

Scott mc they are the best and you cant deny it. They have the best 2 players in the world

umm Carter aint there this year

He sure is, on stand by if injuries. He is still contracted to the Canterbury rugby union for quite a few more years....
Back to top Go down
Maccapacca
Professional
Maccapacca

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:21 am

[quote="Jason"]
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
scott.mckenzie wrote:
Jason wrote:
Pantherus wrote:
Jason wrote:
Benches:

16 Jason Macdonald > Fairbrother agree
17 Bronson Murray < Coles agree
18 Nasi Manu > Evans agree
19 Isaac Ross > Lowe disagree
20 Kahn Fotuali’I > Mathewson thoroughly disagree
21 Colin Slade < ellison arguable - midfield vs pivot hard to compare
22 Jared Payne > D.Smith disagree

your comments will be appreciated

Mate lol Ross is a 10 times better player than Lowe, he started last year for highlanders. Manu is better, foutili is in superb form. Have you listen to ANZ cup payne is said by all comemtars as the only fullback that runs the ball.

We will see, who is the best super side in rugby... Thats right canterbury

disagree in bold

Mate look super14 champions, and Anz cup champions. ANZ cup doesnt make it is provence stuff. Super14 is the real stuff. You name a better union at the moment

Now you changed it to at the momment

Scott mc. So are you denying that they arent the best super team ever?

Ok they are best super 14 but not best Air Nz Cup

Scott mc they are the best and you cant deny it. They have the best 2 players in the world

umm Carter aint there this year

He sure is, on stand by if injuries. He is still contracted to the Canterbury rugby union for quite a few more years....

on standby haha
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:05 am

Jason wrote:

Sorry bud, but Carter ain't playing a second of Super Rugby next year - he's gonna be in France; if you check the team listings he's not even mentioned in the squads.

Yes, historically the Crusaders are the best Super 14 / 12 / 10 team; but that don't mean squat come the next year, especially when the coach and so many top players are gone.

Just because they won this year, doesn't mean they will win next year.

Geez - you wonder why Canterbury people are called "one-eyed" so universally?

Did I say that the Canes are the best and are going to smash all and nobody can stop them? No, I said I think they have the strongest bench (and in your comparisons you didn't even measure up players in the same positions) and they have a good chance of winning - it's called pragmatism rather than arrogance.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
NBrown#16
Veteran
NBrown#16

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:09 am

canes should challenge this year, qiute a few abs in there
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:50 am

Pantherus wrote:
Jason wrote:

Sorry bud, but Carter ain't playing a second of Super Rugby next year - he's gonna be in France; if you check the team listings he's not even mentioned in the squads.

Yes, historically the Crusaders are the best Super 14 / 12 / 10 team; but that don't mean squat come the next year, especially when the coach and so many top players are gone.

Just because they won this year, doesn't mean they will win next year.

Geez - you wonder why Canterbury people are called "one-eyed" so universally?

Did I say that the Canes are the best and are going to smash all and nobody can stop them? No, I said I think they have the strongest bench (and in your comparisons you didn't even measure up players in the same positions) and they have a good chance of winning - it's called pragmatism rather than arrogance.

Our coach is the best line out player in his generation, noone has won more titles than him, one-eye, canterbury beat wellington in the anz cup a better side the cantabs are and thats a proven fact.

We will see mate, i know the crusaders are hot favourites to take it out

And you said lowe is better that ross, ask anyone ross will probalely start for canterbury, lowe i cant even remember lowe all i know he is from the pies. Ross a ten times better player
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:54 am

Tony Woodcock
Keven Mealamu
John Afoa
Anthony Boric
Ali Williams
Justin Collins
Josh Blackie
Jerome Kaino
Taniela Moa / Chris Smylie
Jimmy Gopperth
Joe Rokocoko
Benson Stanley
Anthony Tuitavake
Rudi Wulf
Isaia Toeava

Not a bad line up for the blues this year...
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:01 am

Tony Woodcock
Keven Mealamu
John Afoa
Anthony Boric
Ali Williams
Justin Collins
Josh Blackie
Jerome Kaino
Taniela Moa / Chris Smylie
Jimmy Gopperth
Joe Rokocoko
Benson Stanley
Anthony Tuitavake
Rudi Wulf
Isaia Toeava

Not a bad line up for the blues this year...

Hey KromyD they field that most years but never delivers..... I dont like the blues and dont think they will get in top 8.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:03 am

I know ae, a few good names but NEVER deliver lol. Im a blues fan so ima stay true, even tho i want to support the canes hahaha..
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:08 am

KromyD wrote:
I know ae, a few good names but NEVER deliver lol. Im a blues fan so ima stay true, even tho i want to support the canes hahaha..

Canes field a good side but not as good as the Crusaders....

My predictions:

1 Crusaders
2 Hurricanes
3 Force
4 Bulls
5 Sharks
6 Warratahs
7 Brumbies
8 Stormers
9 Chiefs
10 Otago
11 Blues
12 Reds
13 Cheetahs
14 Lions
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Jason wrote:

Our coach is the best line out player in his generation, noone has won more titles than him, one-eye, canterbury beat wellington in the anz cup a better side the cantabs are and thats a proven fact.

We will see mate, i know the crusaders are hot favourites to take it out

And you said lowe is better that ross, ask anyone ross will probalely start for canterbury, lowe i cant even remember lowe all i know he is from the pies. Ross a ten times better player

Hey don't get me wrong - Deans is a superb coach, the vast differences between Canterbury and the Crusaders over the last few years (before this year of course) showed how much he lifted them up.

My point is, just because the Crusaders were the best THIS year, doesn't mean they'll win it again NEXT year, especially since they'll be without: Deans, Carter, Sommerville, Ali Williams, Tuiali'i, Hamilton, Paul Williams, Leon MacDonald (maybe) etc...

The Crusaders may well win it again, and I'm sure they'll deserve it should they do; but the Canes have got the talent, skill, experience, and leadership to be able to challenge them competitively. Time will tell.

As for the comparisons, we really need to line them up to more accurately compare them. So...

Reserve Prop: Murray < Tim Fairbrother
Reserve Hooker: Jason Macdonald > Dane Coles
Reserve Lock: Isaac Ross > Bryn Evans
Reserve Loosie: Nasi Manu < Karl Lowe (keep in mind that Victor Vito or Faifili Levave be
here instead)
Reserve Halfback: Kahn Fotuali'i < Alby Mathewson
Reserve Inside Back: Colin Slade <> Tamati Ellison (too close to call)
Reserve Outisde Back: Jared Payne <> David Smith

It will be interesting.

Finally - No, Isaac Ross will NOT start, unless injury or strategic rotation brings him in since he'll be contesting against Brad Thorn and Ross Filipo.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008   New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Zealand Super 14 Squads 2008
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com