Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

TFW Official Rant Thread!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:56 am

TGBY wrote:
yes indeed.

but in saying that, you still have to be a good player to be a captain.

Hayes and Riewoldt, Saints 2 best players
Brown and Black (i think), probably 2 best
Judd, Carltons best player
etc etc

All captains from all clubs youd have to say would just about be in there teams top 5 players.

I do understand what you mean, although sometimes it is not like that. When Burns got given it, he was probably not in our top 5, just outside it, as with Maxwell.

philly wrote:
a captain at under-14?
what exactly would you do being a captain??
Things I said below. At training, they never muck around, they always make sure the others know what they are doing. They do what they are meant to do. Captain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 am

maybe you should stop mucking around at training then?
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 am

Generally in Under-14s or what ever you play in. the best player is usually captain. And its not like Captaincy matters at that age level
Back to top Go down
http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
Phoenix Sandoval
Trainee
Phoenix Sandoval

TGBY wrote:
obviously, it was clearly a joke.

don't ruin my moment! I like totally nailed a good reply. affraid

Laughing

Black Bird wrote:
Generally in Under-14s or what ever you play in. the best player is usually captain. And its not like Captaincy matters at that age level

In my teams case it wasn't but our coach was a jackass. Laughing Cool
Back to top Go down
SuperSteele22
Guru
SuperSteele22

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 am

No way the best player is always captain. I played in the under 14 and a half's this year and yeah, our captain probably was our teams best player. But he also has enormous leadership skills, went to every training session rain, hail, or shine, a great lad on and off the field, and would always lend a helping hand to anyone. I've played alot of seasons where the captain was given to guys who were no where near the best players, but it wasn't necessarily the wrong decision, my opinion is just that any coach that puts skill ahead of everything else when it comes to choosing a captain is a dead-set rookie, and all those other qualities should always come first.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:16 am

in my team this year the captain was the fucken asian who wouldn't shut up or the pom who wouldn't shut up.
they weren't the best...far from it
Back to top Go down
Crows-36
Guru
Crows-36

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:23 am

In my footy team our captain was the best player. That being said I dont agree that the captain is always the best player. Yes they would have to have there spot cemented in the team but no way do they need to have exceptional skills.

Tom Harley is the perfect example. He was no way the best player for Geelong (skill wise) but he has the best leadership skills which is why he was captian (and a great one to).
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:25 am

good point
the captain should be an established player who others will look up to
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:31 am

when have i ever said the best player is/should be captain?
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:59 am

TGBY wrote:
Nick Riewoldt is perfect.

Also its u/14, who cares, and at kiddy levels of footy its always the best player picked, cos no1 has leadership qualities anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Crows-36 wrote:
In my footy team our captain was the best player. That being said I dont agree that the captain is always the best player. Yes they would have to have there spot cemented in the team but no way do they need to have exceptional skills.

Tom Harley is the perfect example. He was no way the best player for Geelong (skill wise) but he has the best leadership skills which is why he was captian (and a great one to).

I was talking about in the younger age groups not afl, really the captaincy doesnt mean squat in under 14s and thereabouts. Its just junior footy, best player usually gets handed the captaincy in those age groups
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:50 pm

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
TGBY wrote:
Nick Riewoldt is perfect.

Also its u/14, who cares, and at kiddy levels of footy its always the best player picked, cos no1 has leadership qualities anyway

He didnt say the best player SHOULD be captain though did he
Back to top Go down
SuperSteele22
Guru
SuperSteele22

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:04 pm

No but he said it IS the best player.
Back to top Go down
Black Bird
Guru
Black Bird

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 1:26 pm

But it usually is
Back to top Go down
TGBY
Guru
TGBY

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Hotdogs wrote:
No but he said it IS the best player.
i said at u/14 level it is, cos leadership wualities are rare, and i never said they should, just that they are
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:47 am

Got 2 new rants today!

Firstly, I was at a service all morning for a school graduation thingamybob. They called all the Yr 12s such as myself up on the stage to receive a few certificates and a Bible (pity I'm not religious Rolling Eyes) and the like. We all had allocated seating, and the stupid chick next to me decided to tell anyone who was listening (plus a few who weren't) what she thought of the looks of every single person who went on the stage, and she was incredibly incredibly rude. Jeering at a friend of mine due to her excema, calling another one of my friends "grotesque", it was all I could do to stop myself from smashing her face in with my newly-aquired Bible. She wasn't even that good looking herself, stupid fat (like, Dawn-French-would-tell-her-to-go-on-a-diet type of fat) chick with completely orange skin supposedly meant to make me think she spends a lot of time at the beach, but gave more of an impression that she'd escaped from an episode of The Simpsons. I hate people like that, bloody fugly, yet feel the need to critique everybody else for their looks. Someone should show them a mirror! Sheesh.

Anyway, second, completely irrelevant rant. I HATE MILLIPEDES! I spent an hour this morning locating and sweeping up millipedes on the floor and disposing of them outside, came back inside and more started crawling around. Goddamit they're annoying.

Anyway, rant over Smile
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 am

TheFeldster wrote:
Got 2 new rants today!

Firstly, I was at a service all morning for a school graduation thingamybob. They called all the Yr 12s such as myself up on the stage to receive a few certificates and a Bible (pity I'm not religious TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes) and the like. We all had allocated seating, and the stupid chick next to me decided to tell anyone who was listening (plus a few who weren't) what she thought of the looks of every single person who went on the stage, and she was incredibly incredibly rude. Jeering at a friend of mine due to her excema, calling another one of my friends "grotesque", it was all I could do to stop myself from smashing her face in with my newly-aquired Bible. She wasn't even that good looking herself, stupid fat (like, Dawn-French-would-tell-her-to-go-on-a-diet type of fat) chick with completely orange skin supposedly meant to make me think she spends a lot of time at the beach, but gave more of an impression that she'd escaped from an episode of The Simpsons. I hate people like that, bloody fugly, yet feel the need to critique everybody else for their looks. Someone should show them a mirror! Sheesh.

Anyway, second, completely irrelevant rant. I HATE MILLIPEDES! I spent an hour this morning locating and sweeping up millipedes on the floor and disposing of them outside, came back inside and more started crawling around. Goddamit they're annoying.

Anyway, rant over TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_smile

Did her hair suffer from peroxide as well?
Orange, peroxide, lack of clothing. Sums up most girls nowadays Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 am

a_F_c wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
Got 2 new rants today!

Firstly, I was at a service all morning for a school graduation thingamybob. They called all the Yr 12s such as myself up on the stage to receive a few certificates and a Bible (pity I'm not religious TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_rolleyes) and the like. We all had allocated seating, and the stupid chick next to me decided to tell anyone who was listening (plus a few who weren't) what she thought of the looks of every single person who went on the stage, and she was incredibly incredibly rude. Jeering at a friend of mine due to her excema, calling another one of my friends "grotesque", it was all I could do to stop myself from smashing her face in with my newly-aquired Bible. She wasn't even that good looking herself, stupid fat (like, Dawn-French-would-tell-her-to-go-on-a-diet type of fat) chick with completely orange skin supposedly meant to make me think she spends a lot of time at the beach, but gave more of an impression that she'd escaped from an episode of The Simpsons. I hate people like that, bloody fugly, yet feel the need to critique everybody else for their looks. Someone should show them a mirror! Sheesh.

Anyway, rant over TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_smile

Did her hair suffer from peroxide as well?
Orange, peroxide, lack of clothing. Sums up most girls nowadays Rolling Eyes

Yep, definitely something in her hair... I wouldn't have thought the bleached hair would go well with the orange skin, but you know Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:34 am

Hahahaha, they gave you a bible.
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:52 am

Yeah, riveting stuff. I've already got a Bible from when the same school made me buy one in Grade 3, and somehow I think this "new revised standard version" isn't going to have an alternative ending.... Confused
Back to top Go down
Crows-36
Guru
Crows-36

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:03 am

Haha, my school was giving away free bibles once. Everyone was just like WTF!
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:44 am

I hate rubiks cubes....they are so hard an annoying, yet addictive
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy
Guru
Fuzzy

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 am

TheFeldster wrote:
Yeah, riveting stuff. I've already got a Bible from when the same school made me buy one in Grade 3, and somehow I think this "new revised standard version" isn't going to have an alternative ending.... Confused
I'm still laughing a little, and thinking about what would have happened if my school tried to award us with a bible when we finished year 12.

Anyway congrats on finishing year 12.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 am

Bloody hate storms that affect electricity. Shut down my computer, forced a disk check and now I'm afraid if I have more than 5 Firefox tabs open it'll crash.

*Punches Mother Nature*
Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:41 am

Fuzzy wrote:
TheFeldster wrote:
I'm still laughing a little, and thinking about what would have happened if my school tried to award us with a bible when we finished year 12.

Anyway congrats on finishing year 12.

Thanks Smile

And yeah, there was more than a little muttering when they announced we'd all get a Bible haha. But they gave us alcohol glasses as well (beer glasses for guys, wine glasses for girls) to make up for it, so we're all meant to be alcoholic Christians I guess Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFW Official Rant Thread!   TFW Official Rant Thread! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TFW Official Rant Thread!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com