Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Official Penrith Panthers Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:43 am

Danger32 wrote:
So what's the go with you lot regarding your team line-up? Anyone coming back? Coote, Lewis or Smith? I heard Lewis could be back which would suck for us.

I'm expecting...

1. Gordon
2. Simmons
3. Tighe
4. Tahu
5. Earl
6. Burns
7. Walsh
8. Grant
9. Kingston
10. Civo
11. Waterhouse
12. Plum
13. Lewis

14. Seluini
15. Bell
16. McKendry
17. Gordon

Yes? No?

Yeh pretty much what I expect on friday but where Jennings in your side???
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Ah yep forgot him. Earl won't play I assume.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Danger32 wrote:
So what's the go with you lot regarding your team line-up? Anyone coming back? Coote, Lewis or Smith? I heard Lewis could be back which would suck for us.

They're all available come Round 10 I'd imagine. Nathan Smith is definitely back, starred in Windsor recently and depending how he went, he may get his first grade call up again. Coote might not come back, word is that Matt Elliott has decided to play Coote in the lower grades to regain his fitness and form. And, I really hope Lewis comes back, not only for Penrith's sake, but for NSW's sake.

But yeah, your projected team is pretty much spot on.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Penrith powerbrokers have hatched a plan to install Phil Gould as a coaching director next season.

It is understood that the Panthers have discussed the move with Gould, who has been acting as a senior counsel for chairman Don Feltis since before the sacking of Matthew Elliott.

And the Panthers may be ready to announce their new coaching structure within the next 48 hours, with a strong push for current assistant Steve Georgallis to be made head coach with Gould as coaching director.

Gould and Feltis share a 20-year association, dating back to 1991 when Penrith won the premiership with the pair as coach and chief executive.

Initially, Feltis sought Gould's advice on how best to repair an organisation widely regarded as the NRL's sleeping giant.

But after Tim Sheens rejected a $2.5 million four-year offer to return to Penrith, the Panthers want Gould.

Georgallis, Steve Folkes, Ricky Stuart, Terry Matterson and Mick Potter are all under consideration as head coach.

But Gould is the top target as coaching director, with the new head coach to report directly to him.

Gould met with Panthers powerbrokers in Penrith as recently as last Thursday as part of his continued role as an unpaid advisor.

Panthers chief executive Michael Leary was tight-lipped last night.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/penrith-powerbrokers-hatch-plan-to-install-former-coach-phil-gould-as-coaching-director-next-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1226051923453

Gussssssss!! Would be a massive coup. Seems as though Steve Georgallis is in with a big shot at getting the top job. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance, he would probably give a number of youngsters a crack which would be a positive seeing as though we've got some top juniors.

Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Great option by the Penrith board!! As Panthers already mentioned, Georgallis knows the Penrith juniors more than any other coach and he'll probably give many opportunities for our Penrith juniors to crack it in first grade. Plus, if Georgallis does get top job, Penrith wouldn't have to spend as much money as they attempted with Tim Sheens and Sticky I assume.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:51 am

Official Round 10 Team

1. Michael Gordon
2. David Simmons
3. Timana Tahu
4. Brad Tighe
5. Adrian Purtell
6. Travis Burns
7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse
12. Nigel Plum
13. Luke Lewis

Interchange:
14. Nafe Seluini
15. Sam Mckendry
16. Dayne Weston
17. Nathan Smith
18. Yileen Gordon

Injury Update:
Michael Jennings - Calf and Knee 1 week

Good to see Nathan Smith and Luke Lewis in particular returning from their injuries. With Jennings being out injured, there goes his hopes of claiming a possible NSW jersey, whilst Michael Gordon will prove selectors that he is the man for NSW, whether it'll be at fullback, wing or bench utility. Interesting to see the halves aren't changed despite back to back poor performances by Walsh and Burns.

Anyways the biggest concern I have with the team is.. WTF IS PURTELL DOING BACK IN THE TEAM?! With Jenko out, at least have Sandor Earl coming in or some new talent (ie Ryan Walker). C'mon Matt Elliott.. Purtell? Please.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:07 am

dont worry, late change is still in the cards. (I hope)
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:48 am

From this article (that I posted in the rumours thread), it states that Trent Waterhouse WILL NOT be a Panther next year?

Quote :

Staring at a blank front-row for 2012, the Sharks are fishing for replacements in Gibbs, Ross and also Trent Waterhouse, who will finish his career at Penrith this season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/wests-tigers-looking-to-shed-veteran-big-men/story-e6frexnr-1226052898891?from=public_rss

Maybe it's just some typo or error by whoever wrote the article, but it's clear that the Panthers will be a whole new team next year. With a new coach next year, no doubt whoever the Penrith coach for 2012 will be, he'd want to start fresh meaning releasing a few players and hopefully gaining some good acquisitions, not fringe first graders like Penrith have been doing over the past 2 or 3 years.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:53 am

^ Btw, the article also states that Masada Iosefa MAY be picked up by Gold Coast next year.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:56 am

If Waterhouse does leave, we should get Fulton.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:25 am

BREAKING NEWS:

Phil Gould is confirmed to be our Coaching Director.
and
the Knights are trying to get Tahu back to Newcastle. Few words to the Knights,
F*** OFF and we are keeping Tahu. He's enjoying playing here.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:32 am

All_Star94 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS:

cheers

can I have source plz?
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:34 am

I think Gus' quick visit up to NQ did our coaching staff a world of good.

Should do the same for you guys, no doubt he's a fucking annoying commentator but he does have a good footy mind no doubt.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:40 am

panthersftw wrote:
All_Star94 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS:

cheers

can I have source plz?

Nine Network Sports news. A Danny Wiedler exclusive
Back to top Go down
Phillip Gould
Rookie
Phillip Gould

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Brenton wrote:
I think Gus' quick visit up to NQ did our coaching staff a world of good.

Should do the same for you guys, no doubt he's a fucking annoying commentator but he does have a good footy mind no doubt.
My visit to Townsville was an interesting experience. Neil Henry certainly took my advice on board as his side launches a surprise assault on the 2011 Season Premiership.

My commentating is one of Channel Nine's main attributes, Brenton. I am disappointed to see you are not happy with the views I express.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:11 pm

^Shut up.

Is Jennings injured?

Also nice to see Purtell back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Danger32 wrote:
^Shut up.

Is Jennings injured?

Also nice to see Purtell back Very Happy

Yeah Jenko out, calf injury. 1 week.

Lol.. why does Matt Elliott decide to play Purtell this week of all weeks.. Facing Brisbane is hard enough.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:58 am

http://penrith-press.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/its-official-phil-gould-joins-the-penrith-panthers/

Club chairman Don Feltis issued a statement at noon today confirming the former Panthers coach was rejoining the team.
``Phil Gould is joining the rugby league management team at Panthers,’’ Feltis said.
``Phil will work closely with Michael Leary, Shannon Donato, Jason Wrigley, Jim Jones and the management team and will have direct involvement in all aspects of rugby league and in particular the coaching and team support operation.
``Phil, who coached the Bulldogs to a premiership in 1988, played and captained the Panthers in 1976 to 1979 and coached the Panthers to two grand finals and a premiership in 1991, will be with the Panthers for the next three and a half years.’‘
Donato is the club’s marketing manager, Wrigley the operations manager and Jones the development and recruitment manager.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Phillip Gould
Rookie
Phillip Gould

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:39 am

I think my experience will be an asset to the Penrith squad. Not releasing any details as of yet, but like Newcastle next season, I expect big things for the western Sydney side.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:54 pm

This is great we are gunna win the comp within 4 to 6 tears and then we will stay at the top cause Gus is gunna fix the juniors up....
broncos won't win at our home ground we are so due ....Young Broncos are notorious for struggling Away from the atmosphere of Lang Park...were still makin the 8

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm

that is not a good sign i hope i don't end up in tears
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Gus is there to sort out Kevin Sheedy (the AFL) and with respect to sheedy Gus will carve him
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:00 am

Can't wait his going to do a world of wonders from our juniours to our first grade to our recruitment.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:56 pm

What a performance from the Mountain Men. Without Jennings and Grant in the team, we still were able to attack very well and also defend strong. This is the first time I have seen Nigel Plum play his (what I reckon) best game of his career. A handful of tackles and hit-ups, 1 try assist and the rare scalp for a forward, 2 kicks in which one nearly led to a try.

The inclusion Phil Gould into our management during the week have definately sparked our performance and the return of Lewis adds more attacking option and strengthens our defence. Dayne Weston and Yileen Gordon had good first games in the black jumpers. The only concern in the team is Michael Gordon. Apparently he has injured his ACL joint and there is no news about the update of the injury. There were speculations that if it was worse than an ACL joint, it could be a season ending injury which will be a massive blow to us.

Also, it's Friday the 13th, and definately Broncos had bad luck by their side throughout the game, losing Hodges during the game and Lockyer injured at the end.

Penrith 33 (Tries: Lewis, Tighe 2, Tahu, Gordon, Kingston; Goals: Gordon 4/4, Walsh 0/2; Field Goals: Walsh 1/1)
Brisbane 10 (Tries: Wallace, Parker; Goals: Parker 1/2)
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Tahu also didn't finish the game, came off around the backend in the game around the 70th minute mark with a reported pectoral injury. Having scans tomorrow, not sure how long he's out for. Tim Grant will be out for 2-3 weeks which puts him out of contention for Origin.

Luke Lewis will definitely be in the NSW somewhere. He's one of the few incumbent NSW players and his first performance back in Penrith colours after five weeks on the sideline was exceptional.

Possible Penrith line up next week, will be definitely under strength due to several injuries and origin duties, and against a Tigers outfit potientally only missing one player in Farah will be a tough, tough ask. Dwyer and Heighington are also outside chances.

1. Coote 2. Simmons 3. Jennings 4. Tighe 5. Earl (or Purtell) 6. Burns 7. Walsh 8. McKendry 9. Kingston 10. Weston 11. Waterhouse 12. Plum 13. Smith

14. Seluini 15. Gordon 16. Bell 17. Fatiaki or Sene-Lefao

IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Penrith Panthers Thread
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com