Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Official Penrith Panthers Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am

HARRY SIEJKA COLUMN

Excited yep, nervous… you bet. Has the sleep pattern been suffering? Absolutely.

But when it all comes down to it I’m really just looking forward to getting out there against the Cowboys this Saturday night and making my first grade debut as the boys push towards a finals berth.

My first grade debut has come around quicker than I expected and not necessarily in the manner I envisaged but after having trained with the boys I’m certainly looking forward to the weekend.

As I said the call-up was a little unexpected and I always thought if I made my debut this year it would be later in the season and off the bench.

As it turns out I have an opportunity and I intend to take it, I feel like I’m ready.

Obviously Steve Georgallis does as well and I owe a lot to him for the role he has played in my career thus far.

From the time I played my first year of Harold Matthews Cup and signed my first contract Steve has done a lot for me.

He gave me my first start in Toyota Cup at 16-year-old and is now giving me a crack at first grade; so I owe him a lot because he has stood by me throughout my whole time at Penrith and put a lot of time into me.

It’s good to have him as a coach again because his style works for me.

He tells me to play my own game and execute the game-plan and knowing where he is coming from it makes it easier for me to go out there and do my job.

He’s also given me a bit of a long rein and will allow me to run the ball this week which is great for me because I think my speed and ability to run is the best part of my game.

As for the game I know it won’t be easy, the Cowboys are always tough at home and even without JT in their side will be a challenge.

Having said that, I think we have the team to get up there and get over the top of them so I’m just focussing on getting out there and doing my job.

Hopefully I do it well and we grab that win, it would be something special to get a win on debut with plenty of quality players around me, all the boys have been welcoming and it’s not often you get to play with such talented players.

I’ll be on the left side with Michael Jennings, he usually makes the halfback look good so maybe I’ll get the ball to him early and often.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/?s=article-display&id=40946&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This guy has been dubbed as the future number one playmaker for quite some time now. First impression is vital!
Back to top Go down
Panther till death
Trainee
Panther till death

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 am

Good to see Harry given a chance.
Hopefully he gives early ball to Jenko and runs the ball often.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Ok with the 2011 season gone now, lets focus on 2012 Penrith! We play Melbourne next week at Melbourne, I hate to say it but pretty much no hope of winning. Might as well play our juniors to blood them into first grade. Guys like Blake Austin, Jesse Sene Lafao, Greg Waddell, and Evrett Vaurasi should get some first grade experience entering towards the 2012 season.

Ryan Walker and Harry Siejka's performances tonight were pretty good. I see no reason why to drop them. Next week's team should be looking something like this..

1. Ryan Walker/Coedi Towney 2. David Simmons 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Greg Waddell 6. Harry Siejka 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kev Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Nigel Plum 13. Luke Lewis/Nathan Smith

14. Blake Austin 15. Jesse Sene Lafao 16. Evrett Vaurasi 17. Sam McKendry

Bring on Ivan Cleary and the new regime!
Back to top Go down
dragons10
Veteran
dragons10

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:35 pm

30 - 18 yo good work panthers. Cowboys I love you
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:38 pm

panthersftw wrote:
Ok with the 2011 season gone now, lets focus on 2012 Penrith! We play Melbourne next week at Melbourne, I hate to say it but pretty much no hope of winning. Might as well play our juniors to blood them into first grade. Guys like Blake Austin, Jesse Sene Lafao, Greg Waddell, and Evrett Vaurasi should get some first grade experience entering towards the 2012 season.

Ryan Walker and Harry Siejka's performances tonight were pretty good. I see no reason why to drop them. Next week's team should be looking something like this..

1. Ryan Walker/Coedi Towney 2. David Simmons 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Greg Waddell 6. Harry Siejka 7. Luke Walsh 8. Tim Grant 9. Kev Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Nigel Plum 13. Luke Lewis/Nathan Smith

You're 2 points out the 8 Laughing. Talk about throwing in the towel.

Also, David Simmons has to be the worst fill-in FB in the comp. Looked so unco tonight it actually was funny.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Melbourne (a), Tigers, Warriors, Raiders (a), Dragons (a)

Really tough run home, we will definitely need results to go our way if the lads are to make the eight.

Team for next week:

1. Simmons 2. Walker 3. Jenko 4. Tighe 5. Waddell 6. Siejka 7. Walsh 8. Grant 9. Kingston 10. Civo 11. Waterhouse 12. Plum 13. Lewis / Smith

14. Seluini 15. Smith 16. McKendry 17. Vaurasi

I also hope Gus has a replacement lined up for Civo and House. The small things in defence these two blokes do week in week out will certainly be missed next season and beyond.

Danger32 wrote:
Also, David Simmons has to be the worst fill-in FB in the comp. Looked so unco tonight it actually was funny.
Rolling Eyes

Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Surely you can't disagree. Simmons was terrible. Fumbled all over the place and didn't offer anything in attack.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Seluini would've been very handy tonight. We need some quick dummy-half runs against the tiring cowboy forwards. I think that was what was missed tonight. Segeyaro obviously explained what quick dummy-half running can do, lead to opportunities and take the team close to the try line.

@Panthers, how is Vaurasi going in whatever comp he is playing?? I reckon give Jesse Sene-Lefao a run. Can play centres can play 2nd row.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm honestly not too sure, but I'd like to see him or Jesse Sene Lafao given a run before seasons end. Pftw may have some idea how well both have been performing?
---
2012 Player Movements ATM for us:

2012 Gains: Junior Vaivai (Rabbitohs, 2012)
2012 Losses: Matt Bell (Tigers), Petero Civoniceva (Broncos), Shane Elford (retired), Joseph Paulo (Eels), Timana Tahu (Knights), Trent Waterhouse (ESL)
Re-Signed: Sandor Earl (2012), Nigel Plum (2013), Nathan Smith (2013)
Off Contract 2011: Yileen Gordon, Masada Iosefa, Adrian Purtell, Harry Siejka, David Simmons, Arana Taumata, Tim Winitana, Michael Worrincy

I'd like to see Siejka and Simmons retained, but I wouldn't be fussed if the other blokes aren't re-signed. Still hopeful a player of some quality will be announced in the coming weeks.

Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:03 am

Danger32 wrote:
panthersftw wrote:

You're 2 points out the 8 Laughing. Talk about throwing in the towel.

It's so hard seeing Penrith make the 8 now. Injuries came at the worst possible time. We have the hardest draw as well. Petero's departure may have impacted our performances as well. I hope they prove me wrong, but Penrith won't make it by the looks of it.

And yeah, lol Simmons wasn't all too good. He's clearly better suited as a winger, no way a fullback.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:23 am

Ok, now that's 8 gone. Waterhouse, Civoniceva, Bell, Purtell, Tahu, Paulo (mid), Laurie (mid) and Taumata (stood down). We've re-signed Nigel Plum, Harry Siejka and Nathan Smith all on two year deals and recruited just one player in Junior Vaivai (mid).
Surely we're well under the cap so that we can afford to recruit a 'high profile' player to prepare for season 2012?

COME ON GUS!

Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 am

Winner

Player of the year: Luke Walsh
Rookie of the year: Nafe Seluini
Members player of the year: Michael Gordon

Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Expected 2012 team.

1. Lachlan Coote
2. David Simmons (Cannot be axed from the team after his consistency ON THE WING this year)
3. Michael Jennings (If he continues his 2011 form, I'd bring in Junior VaiVai)
4. Michael Gordon (Playing Flash at fullback is tempting..)
5. JTK (If reports are true that he has signed, if false, then Brad Tighe to the wing)
6. Harry Siejka (Should be long term 5/8, hopefully makes a formidable halves pairing with Walsh)
7. Luke Walsh
8. Sam McKendry
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Tim Grant
11. Luke Lewis (c) (Lewie should play on Jenko's side, he'll set up many opportunities for him)
12. Nathan Smith (An 80 minute work-a-holic any team would need)
13. Blake Austin (Big call I know, but after his two games, he has already scored a try and set up to others off the bench. Hopefully he can really excel next year.

14. Nafe Seluini
15. Clint Newton (played as prop)
16. Nigel Plum (played as prop)
17. Travis Burns (played in second row - surely not the 6)

Dayne Weston, Sarafu Fatiaki, Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi, Cameron Ciraldo, Chris Armit, Danny Galea, Jesse Sene-Lafao and Sandor Earl would all be pushing for a first grade spot next season.

Thoughts All_Star94 and Panthers?
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Looks good Pftw. Really hope we see a few selection surprises under Cleary next year. Any news regarding Ben Ross? From all reports he was pretty close to signing, haven't heard anything in the last few days though. Clint Newton is a pretty handy signing for us IMO.

Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:20 am

Just posted in the rumour thread that both Penrith and Souths forum have said that Ben Ross has infact signed a two year deal back to Panthers! Fingers crossed that it's true.

If true, it'll be great news. Though possibly not starting as we already have McKendry and Grant, he'd definitely be on the bench somewhere. Definite first grade material.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Hmmm... really don't think coote's best position is fullback... his not big enough.. he just doesn't have that tackle busting ability that we need... hence the latter half of the season... Gordon is our #1... he has to be... we missed his strike power this season.. we never made any clean breaks w/o him. Imo backlline should be

1. Gordon
2. Simmons
3. Jennings
4. Vai Vai
5. Tighe
6. Coote
7. Walsh

and maybe Sjeika or Austin as bench
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:31 am

RONNIE Palmer, the high-profile trainer with the shortest shorts in rugby league, may struggle to keep his legs warm next winter now that he has relocated to Penrith.

After getting the chop from the Roosters and finding himself on the Gold Coast, Palmer has been busy at the Panthers, re-organising the gym.

Best acquisition by the club so far Razz

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/craig-coleman-in-hot-water-over-rant/story-e6frexnr-1226138275238
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 am

2012 Transfers So Far

In: Cameron Ciraldo (Knights), Chris Armit (Bulldogs), Danny Galea (Raiders), Clint Newton (Hull), Etu Uaisele (Parramatta), Mitch Achurch (Wests NSW Cup), Matt Robinson (Warriors NSW Cup), Josh Mansour (Souths NSW Cup), Ryan Simpkins (Tweed Heads), Geoff Daniela (Tigers), Jack Lee Hang (Souths NSW Cup), Ryan Williamson (Roosters)

Out: Trent Waterhouse (Warrington), Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane), Timana Tahu (Knights), Matthew Bell (Tigers), Yileen Gordon (released), Shane Elford (retired), Joseph Paulo (Parra - 2011 mid), Adrian Purtell (Bradford), Michael Worrincy (released)
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 am

Outgoing > Incoming

Ivan's going to have his work cut out for him.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 am

I would be tempted to play Coote at five-eight. Michael Gordon is just to good to have him out on the wing, he was just lethal at fullback at the start of this year. Would also start Newton, he has been playing solid football in the UK and has so much experience, is big enough to move into the front row if need be too. Nathan Smith should lock the scrum too. Would play Sandor Earl on the wing too with Brad Tighe in the centres. Daniela in the centres too. I want the Penrith Panthers to go well in 2012, lets hope injuries are a bit more friendly on them next season!
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 am

Rozza wrote:
I would be tempted to play Coote at five-eight. Michael Gordon is just to good to have him out on the wing, he was just lethal at fullback at the start of this year. Would also start Newton, he has been playing solid football in the UK and has so much experience, is big enough to move into the front row if need be too. Nathan Smith should lock the scrum too. Would play Sandor Earl on the wing too with Brad Tighe in the centres. Daniela in the centres too. I want the Penrith Panthers to go well in 2012, lets hope injuries are a bit more friendly on them next season!

It's a luxury to have an indecisive decision in who should be playing fullback; Coote or Gordon. Whatever Ivan selects, I'm sure he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve. I think you forgot about Michael Jennings in the centres. You mentioned a Tighe-Daniela combo there. Tbh Tighe doesn't offer a lot of variety in attack but his defence is outstanding. I like how Ivan doesn't select his 17 on favourites unlike Matt Elliott, so guys like Andrew Pelasio, Ryan Walker, Michael Mate, Matthew Moylan and others from Penrith's lower grades have a shot to be in Penrith's top 17 consistently throughout. The only certainties for Penrith's backline are Jennings, Gordon, Coote and Walsh. The other spots are really, all up for grabs come 2012.

The best forward pack we have is Smith, Plum and our new skipper in Lewis. Not the best, but we have plenty of depth who have experience top grade. I hoping for Cleary to blood our juniors in Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi, Jesse Sene-Lefao, Everett Vaurasi and Jake Grace. What Penrith's incoming coach has perfected at New Zealand, I'm hoping he can repeat that and if so, no doubt that he'd do wonders here at Penrith.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Penrith Panthers Thread   Official Penrith Panthers Thread - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Penrith Panthers Thread
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com