Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Who remembers Robot Wars UK?

Go down 

Do you remember Robot Wars?
Yes
Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Vote_lcap60%Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
No
Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Vote_lcap40%Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Empty
PostSubject: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 am

Just wanted to try something. I remember seeing it premiere on Channel Ten during the... early-mid noughties at... I think 7-8pm. Then it got shafted into the 6am slot then vanished off the air altogether while broadcasting midway through the third series (they started with series 4).

Firestorm was my hero.
Back to top Go down
Pat Macrack
Guru
Pat Macrack

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:05 am

OMG Cynic...I remember this show. I don't know why, but I enjoyed it back then.

My favourite robot was Razer. Was the best robot, but was very unlucky most of the time. I also liked Tornado. I got sick of that Chaos 2 flipping everybody out of the arena though.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:07 am

Youtube is our friend for nostalgia. Damn Razer, always skewered Firestorm in their fights... Chaos 2 did get boring but got pwned in future series because the owners couldn't afford to upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Pat Macrack
Guru
Pat Macrack

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:12 am

Cynic wrote:
Youtube is our friend for nostalgia. Damn Razer, always skewered Firestorm in their fights... Chaos 2 did get boring but got pwned in future series because the owners couldn't afford to upgrade.

Yeah...it was good to see Razer win the championship at least once though. It deserved it.

Firestorm was one of the best robots never to win the championship.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:14 am

Probably THE most consistent robot to never win the big one, although they got the Commonwealth Carnage competition. Series 4 really pissed me off. I hate Dominator 2.
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:15 am

Used to love that show. Don't remember much about it, only waking up early to watch it Smile
Back to top Go down
theFOOTBALLlover
Guru
theFOOTBALLlover

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:16 am

It was an awesome show. They should bring it back, BUT if they do they better not wreck the good memories.
Back to top Go down
Pat Macrack
Guru
Pat Macrack

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:20 am

Cynic wrote:
Probably THE most consistent robot to never win the big one, although they got the Commonwealth Carnage competition. Series 4 really pissed me off. I hate Dominator 2.

Dominator 2 was the gold one with the axe, right?
If so...their team was really up themselves.

A few months ago, I was watching videos of the last series they made (Series 7), and there was a robot called Storm...it was simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:21 am

Storm beat Firestorm as well. Hate 'em.

I'm tempted to make a Robot Wars Simulation game but dunno how to go about it. I don't own any games but I could use randomisers or coin tosses and make up results...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who remembers Robot Wars UK?   Who remembers Robot Wars UK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who remembers Robot Wars UK?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com