Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ravenloon
Trainee
ravenloon

Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Empty
PostSubject: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 am

With the major exodus of number 10's to the Northern hemisphere, is our
Super14 and NPC going to suffer?

Carlos Spencer
Andrew Mertens
Dan Carter
Isa Nacewa
Luke Mc Alister
David Holwell
Nick Evans

I know some of these players are past their best,
but they have experience and some of our newcomers
would love to test their skills against them.

First five is such a pivotal attacker, are our teams going
to become more defence minded through lack of confidance
and continuity? I see some of the H Cup games
on Tv, and they are looking fast... can we match them?
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:26 am

No we still have good up and coming first fives in this country i really like the look of Slade at canterbury and of course Brett.

Not sure about Donald though who could be our number 1 this year unless weepu decides to stick there to help matthewson along at the canes.

But we will always have depth and a few of those guys will be bcak next year or the year after ready for the world cup.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 am

Those guys wouldnt be playing in the Air New Zealand cup, they would be on ABs duty.

It does lower the quality of the Super 14 however, Crusaders with Carter is better than Crusaders without. But on the bright side it gives the younger ones to gain some experience.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:37 am

Yeah thats true re the NPC All blacks dont play there any more.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 am

I dont think its Damaging our rugby at all, it lets youngers players come through and we hav alot of them at the moment such as,

Willie Ripia
Stephen Brett
Collin Slade
Matt Berquist
Daniel Bowden
Daniel Kirkpatrick

And i think the first two or three on that list are better than Donald.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 am

Ripia isn't as good as Donald, he is the weakest player in our back line.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 am

Really ? i think he is a quality player !
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:56 pm

Ripia's still young - give him some consistent game time with a quality backline (he's one of only 2 non-abs in the whole backline - with the other wing (whether it's guildford or smith) being the other) and we'll see him shine I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:05 am

yeah i think it is affecting our standard of rugby especially in the NPC and we wont see the true effects for a few more years.

at npc level the new up and comers arent playing against ABs and that means that their development is going to b that much slower, stunted.

last years NPC was average and its only going to get worse, but what can u do about it? theres no way nz can compete with the money being thrown around in europe.

the upside is they're not developing any of their players in europe cos kiwis, aussies and saffa's are taking all the starting spots

I think ripia got lots more promise than donald.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 am

Donald is tripe - and I think we'll see that this year with a more level playing field in pivot competition...

The UK have frozen their financial caps so they can't keep throwing around money like they have been...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?   Has the player exodus to the North damaged us? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has the player exodus to the North damaged us?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com