Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Fiji Coach serevi Sacked

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

Fiji Coach serevi Sacked Empty
PostSubject: Fiji Coach serevi Sacked   Fiji Coach serevi Sacked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:44 am

Waisale Serevi has been sacked as Fiji sevens coach for what the Fiji Rugby Union called a refusal to obey management instructions.
His place has been taken by Iliesa Tanivula, who will lead Fiji into the next round of the IRB world sevens series in New Zealand next week.
Serevi had been involved in a dispute with the Fiji union over the selection of the Fiji squad for the next two rounds of the IRB series. He claimed to have little if any influence over the selection process.
Fiji Rugby Union chairman Keni Dakuidreketi said Serevi had been "warned repeatedly" about his behaviour and his public criticism of the squad's makeup.
"We reached the decision on Tuesday afternoon to sack Serevi after he repeatedly disobeyed management decisions," Dakuidreketi said.
As a player, Serevi was regarded as one of the greatest ever exponents of sevens rugby and he is a revered figure in Fiji where sevens has the status of a national sport.
Serevi said he had anticipated the Fiji union's decision.

"I knew they were going to do it. I was expecting it," he said.

"We couldn't see eye-to-eye on simple issues which I knew was right but, yes, I've always been available for Fiji and that won't change."

Copied from the NZ Herald website.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Fiji Coach serevi Sacked   Fiji Coach serevi Sacked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:51 am

Thats a shame for him! They should of let him have a say in the selections!
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Fiji Coach serevi Sacked   Fiji Coach serevi Sacked Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 am

damn Serevi was a great coach, hope they find a good replacement! Go Fiji.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiji Coach serevi Sacked   Fiji Coach serevi Sacked Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiji Coach serevi Sacked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com