Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Pro-bowl and NFL Draft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Empty
PostSubject: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:49 am

Here is where us NFL fans can talk about who should or shoudn't be in the pro bowl and who each team should draft.

For the Pro-bowl i Beleive that Tripple Coverage Brett Favre shouldn't have made it for these reasons

1. Led the league in Interceptions (22)
2. Had a division lead but threw it away
3. Pretty much got Mangini Fired
4. Lost to teams such as the 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders and broncos.
5. Doesn't participate in team workouts since he is such a 'legend' He can do his own

As for the Draft, the 0-16 Detroit Lions will receive the number 1 overall pick. The most popular choice from Mock Drafts shows the Lions taking Georgia QB Matt Stafford. Matt Stafford may not be a Tim Teebow or Sam Bradford but he is a solid QB. Although. As we have seen in previos years many first round busts have come among teams like the 49ers with Alex Smith and the Raiders with Jamarcus Russell. The reason they are as bad to get a top 5 Draft Pick is because they have a terrible offensive line. All QB's suffer behind a bad offensive lines and a young QB starting his career off under so much pressure can almost make a gauranteed First round Bust. The more sensible pick I beleive would be an offensive lineman just like the Miami Dolphins last year who skipped players like Matt Ryan and Darren Mcfadden to improve their fromt line. An o-lineman can protect and also help the guy next to him. For the next year i beleive Jon Kitna can Stay and they can get a QB from free agency or drafting in the next year.

Pick number 2 goes to one of the most dissapointing teams in the NFL. The St Louis Rams. The rams are similar to every other top 10 team in the draft. they have a bad O-line. They have a good QB in Marc Bulger, a top en Runningback in Steven Jackson and a decent veteran in Tory Holt. If the Lions don't get OT Andre Smith then the rams will definately get him. If the Lions do then they may go for a new QB to take over Marc Bulger and go for Matt Stafford.

Number 3 is the Kansa City Chiefs who can last another 2 or 3 years with QB Tyler Thigpen. They need Players at LB and OL so they should get Michael Oher from Missispi.

The Seattle Seahawks have an old but alright Offensive line. At Pick 4 they will not get A QB with Matt Hassellbeck in there nor a RB even though they don't have the sharpest of Backs. The area the Seahawks had trouble with the most is WR. with Michael Crabtree availible the Seahawks will find it hard to resist with Crabtree coming from Texas tech as one of the Best WR in the Nation. In nearly everyones Mock draft Crabtree is at the Seahawks.

5th pick is with the Browns and with it becoming pretty obvious that their future is with Brady Quinn. Their main concern should be Defense and the two main choices should be Rey Maualuga from USC or Aaron Curry from Wake Forest. if their worries arn't on Defense, Chris Wells may be chosen.

6th Pick is for the Bengals who should be alright if Chad Ocho Cinco Shuts up and Carson Palmer is Healthy. They Should get Jason Smith from Baylor O-lineman.

7th Pick Will be taken by the woeful Raiders and with the QB and RB they need they need to protect them and draft OT Eugene Monroe from Virginia.

8th pick is the Jaguars and Defense and O-line should be their concern. With most of the top O-lineman gone by then they need to work on covering guys in their Division like Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson. They could do this by Drafting CB Drayton Florence

9th pick is for the Green Bay Packers. Defense should be on their mind and whoever gets the back end of Cleveland Browns Pick at Linebacker should be the right Choice

10th Pick is given to the 49ers and it seems like the pick they need is at QB. Shaun Hill isn't reliable and Mark Sanchezz from USC looks good for the job.

Thats all for now i will try and do the other 22 picks later.
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 am

A+ Great Work Manningman18, I can see that you are settling well in class. Next essay is on the american independance.

PTK king
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks pedwintheking

I will get right on it
Back to top Go down
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:22 am

Good post manning, how much NFL do you watch? Or do you just keep in touch with it online?
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am

Nah i watch heaps.

I am pretty much obsessed with it right now and i am trying to know more about college with this draft.

Pro-bowl this Monday, should pretty shit, None of the players care about the game and its not as intense and exciting as Sate of Origin.

Who really wants to play for their conference
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am

its the nfls equivalent to the all star game
have u ever seen an nba all star game?
its a joke really but really good fun to watch

as well as the nhl one - that one finished 12-11 to one side this year
great entertainment

being picked for the pro bowl is pretty good and they are usually pretty good games to watch

i cant really help u with the college stuff tho coz i have no idea Laughing
if sparky hughes comes on here and sees this he could probs help coz hes got a good knowlege of it all i think
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 pm

It is a way for the fans to let the players know who is the best in the league
there just isn't any defense in it.

Just answer this Question

Detroit Lions First round draft pick? O-Line, QB or Defence player
Back to top Go down
bradyboy12
Trainee
bradyboy12

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:02 am

Don't you have anything better to do with your life manningman18. well done though.
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:02 am

Are you two brothers or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
Boomer
Guru
Boomer

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:03 am

Are manningman and bradyboy friends? If not thats set up perfectly for a rivalry/mutual hatred haha
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:06 am

^^haha i kno

next we'll have larrylad or something Razz

as for the pro bowl i didnt watch it today but NFC won 30-21 with fitzgerald winning MVP with 2 TDs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:13 am

Nah me n BradyBoy are mates outside the forum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-bowl and NFL Draft   Pro-bowl and NFL Draft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro-bowl and NFL Draft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com