Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Pluto deserved better

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
keno
Guru
keno

Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:16 am

Sibs#12 wrote:
100% correct you are Stoke. The Sun may seem big to our galaxy, but it is in fact TINY compared to other stars. Alpha Centuari, which is 42 trillion kilometres from Earth, is (I can't remember it exactly, but we did it in Science last year) something like 100 times bigger than our Sun.

I wish the universe was smaller...then we could explore indepth all these intriguing and interesting things Smile
haha, just a bit of trivia there hey sibs??
Back to top Go down
Niv
Guru
Niv

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:18 am

No star can possibly be 100x bigger than the sun, the largest are usually 2 or 3 times the size of the sun.
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
You gonna be an astronaut sibs?
Mate, if I could be a professional footballer in space, I would definetly do it...Mars my home ground, the Martians can give it a good home atmosphere Razz

I love space, and everything about it. I don't think I am nerd-ish enough to work for NASA (Sorry if I offended anyone Razz) but I would love to get a job around space....it's just so interesting and intriguing, just to know what's out there, if there are other life forms or even if aliens really exist...for all we know, Mars could hold Martians, the Rovers over there haven't been over the whole planet. That said, I doubt there are such things as Martians.

It is my aim to be the first man to land on Mars Smile NASA said they want a man on Mars by 2035...I will be 41 then, a good age for it Dancing
Back to top Go down
Chelsea4Lyf
Guru
Chelsea4Lyf

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:18 am

Well if you get to Mars and go on TV give a shout out to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 am

Chelsea4Lyf wrote:
Well if you get to Mars and go on TV give a shout out to me Smile
Haha maybe we can go play some football on Mars, just like they played golf on the Moon 8)
Back to top Go down
Shooter
Guru
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:26 am

Yeh, I agree with ya Sibs.
Space is fascinating
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am

Yep Shooter...Space is possibly the most intriguing, interesting, 'what-if' type of thing that you could ever thing of. And the most imaginative Smile
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:21 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
megadeecee wrote:
Pantherus wrote:
Plus it has it's own moon - Charon

It has it's own Moon (For F..ksake) Case closed . This is the smoking gun I needed

Charon and Pluto are approx. the same size. They have been classed as two rotating asteroids in the Ice Belt... or something...

All confusing stuff. If ya want to know more, my brother is an expert in that sort of shit, I'll ask him Smile

Up in Smoke ... Crushed
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Although Pluto was such a Humble and Generous Planet, I am sure the sacking of it had a goood reason such as Chuck Norris telling it to go away or somethin
Back to top Go down
Niv
Guru
Niv

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm like sibs, I've loved space even from a young age. Unfortunately with my school results I have no chance of getting a space job, but I'm interested in doing astronomy as a hobby, when I can afford it Razz
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Meh, Pluto got a little big for its boots. Started to think its shit didn't stink, thought it could run with the big planets, its not even gaseous.

Just needed to be put back into its box for a bit. It'll probably get let back in when its ego reduces in size.
Back to top Go down
Jammo
Veteran
Jammo

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:20 pm

yeah pluto mixed in with the 'in crowd' one too many times...

hopefully it makes a sharp return with a fresh new attitiude and maybe it will even be a new rejuvanated, energetic pluto that we will get to know instead of the old one.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Guru
Niv

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:21 pm

Yeah,Hopefully Pluto will stop trying so hard next time Smile
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Have a go at these pluto haters . Sh*t don't stink , in crowd , Try hard . Outrageous Thumbright . They sure are lining up to have a shot at Pluto maybe they should take a number.

Rugby League is Pluto's religion deal with it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
smashedmirror704
Guru
smashedmirror704

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 am

I saw Pluto at a nightclub a few weeks ago sniffing some white lines...

Apparently Jupiter had a quiet word with it but Pluto didn't listen.

There's a lesson there kids, don't party too hard, stay in school.
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:31 am

TheFeldster wrote:
megadeecee wrote:
Pantherus wrote:
Plus it has it's own moon - Charon

It has it's own Moon (For F..ksake) Case closed . This is the smoking gun I needed

Charon and Pluto are approx. the same size. They have been classed as two rotating asteroids in the Ice Belt... or something...

All confusing stuff. If ya want to know more, my brother is an expert in that sort of shit, I'll ask him Smile
I would love to have a chat to your brother about it, space is so fascinating...there is this BBC 2 video series called 'Space Odessey: A Journey of the Planets' or something, it is very interesting. It is a story (not true!) about a group of astronauts who go to Mars, Mercury, Saturn, One of Jupiter's moons, and Pluto...of course, not real, but very interesting Smile

I mean, there is the Solar System. Then there is the Milky Way...we are a tiny solar system on the each of one of the 'spirals' in the Milky Way Galaxy. Then there is the Andromeda Galaxy, and everything in between...so interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pluto deserved better   Pluto deserved better - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pluto deserved better
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com