Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Empty
PostSubject: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:39 am

Blues
Paul Williams, Anthony Tuitavake, Isaia Toeava, Benson Stanley, Rene Ranger, Tasesa Lavea, Taniela Moa, Chris Lowrey, Onosa'i Auva'a, Justin Collins, Anthony Boric, Kurtis Haiu, John Afoa, Keven Mealamu (captain), Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Tom McCartney, Charlie Faumuina, Dean Budd, Peter Saili, Chris Smiley, Jimmy Gopperth, Jamie Helleur.

Source: NZ Herald
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:40 am

idiots gopperth is gun
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:41 am

yeah i would have gone gopperth over Lavea but oh well.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:05 am

Yeah i would have went with Gopperth also. Lavea can carry the drinks.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:57 am

Gopperth would be considered the "safe" option I think - so this would probably be a trial by fire for Lavea.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:19 am

YYUUUUSSSSS , Rangers starting haha , Lavea is a pretty good player hope he goes well
Back to top Go down
ravenloon
Trainee
ravenloon

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 am

KromyD????
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am

I once had man love for Jimmy G...even got his autograph on a poster Very Happy...I would of picked him over Lavea but they are another one of the NZ teams who lack a strong number 10.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 am

Josh Blackie arrived today.......so will most likely participate the following weekend
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Lavea was rubbish played five-eighth for melbourne as a back-up to Scott Hill. as a twin brother Tai Lavea also wasn't the best. Tasesa the more talented out of the two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:45 pm

thehattrickrabbit wrote:
Lavea was rubbish played five-eighth for melbourne as a back-up to Scott Hill. as a twin brother Tai Lavea also wasn't the best. Tasesa the more talented out of the two.

yes tasesa was a gun
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Beckham#23 wrote:
thehattrickrabbit wrote:

yes tasesa was a gun

Tasesa reminded me of Joe Williams, had so much potential and played to that potential at times, but was just a little in-consistent.

Yes he has the potential to be gun.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:27 pm

yeah both of these guys are loose cannons but with different styles of inconsistency. gopperths similar to holwell but a lot less accurate and lacks calm under fire. tasesa is like carlos only with a smaller bag of tricks and less physicality. blues are doomed, either player can choke their own backline out of the game.

if i absolutely had to put money on one of them i'd bet on jimmy, he's shown a lot of maturity since moving to NHarbour.

cant wait to see blackie play. i reckon it'll take him the first half of the s14 to get to match fitness then he'll be back to his best and knockin on that ABs door.
one of the best players never to have worn the black jersey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.   Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blues pick Lavea at 10 for first game.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com