Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Empty
PostSubject: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 am

I have heard on the radio today that referee steve Walsh has had his contract ripped up.

He had previously been ignored to ref any games in the first month of the super 14 and has also been stood down from refing any 6 nations games.

Not sure why this has all happened but if any one can find a story please link it in here.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:51 am

OH man - he was the best we had (which is really sad)! Bryce Lawrence was supposedly the best, but he is shit!
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:54 am

Yeah i agree i heard something about something he did at a sanzar confrence but dont know the full story it must have been bad though.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 am

Thats not good new for him, or the super14 and 6 nations, he was a top ref
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:14 am

Never was a big fan of him, but never been a much of a fan of any ref. He seemed to spend to long doing his hair before each game though.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
ravenloon
Trainee
ravenloon

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:55 pm

He turned up to a international referrees conferance with a hangover.
He was told to leave, when he went back in the afternoon, he was told to go back to NZ, and all his upcomng ref duties had been revoked.

Apparently hes moving to Japan (presumely to ref).
Its a pity that someone whos such a good ref has been used
as a punching bag by the the "ole boys club".
I reckon they're getting back at him for the NZ backlash against Wayne Barnes.

Shades of Keith Murdoch! Way to back him up NZRFU and the NZ reffing fraternity, talk about gutless! I remember one of the AB's deeply regretting the fact that the team didnt stand behind Keith Murdoch and threaten to leave when he was ordered to leave.

Tell you what, the Aussies wouldnt have let this happen if he was one of theirs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU   Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Walsh sacked by NZRU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com