Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Rumoured Signings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:57 am

Kris Keating > Sharks
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:34 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Shannon Walker > Rabbitohs

Lol.
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:25 am

Antonio Kaufusi seeking immediate to join the Knights
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/knights-ride-to-the-rescue-of-kaufusi-20100619-ynuj.html

And i believe that Kyle O'donell is close to signing with the knights and are also having talks with his brother, Luke.
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 am

also reports that finch and lima may be heading over to the ESL next season, with Hull KR expressing interest in both.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:34 am

Read in the paper today that one of the big facters other then a 3 year deal was the Cowboys offered Winterstein a center spot next year. What happens if they actually do sign Tate then and he and Tonga are the centers?
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:12 am

Apparently Luke O'Donnell is very keen to join the Cronulla Sharks next season.

If this does happen, the Sharkies forward pack will be argubly one of the best

8. Snowden
9. Aiton/Morris
10. Douglas
11. O'Donnell
12. Tupou
13. Gallen
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 am

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27293070-5018866,00.html

The Cowboys are confident they will have Brent Tate's signature this week after dangling a $750,000 carrot in front of the former Queensland Origin flyer.

Tate, currently injured with a broken jaw, is understood to be close to committing to the Cowboys, with the Warriors centre tipped to return home next season after receiving a three-year offer from North Queensland worth an estimated $250,000 annually.

Tate, 28, has been linked with former club Brisbane, but Tate's manager George Mimis says a comeback to Red Hill is unlikely, even allowing for Israel Folau's decision to quit the Broncos at the end of the season.

That leaves North Queensland firmly in the box seat to snare Tate, who admits he is excited by the prospect of linking with Cowboys skipper Johnathan Thurston and Maroons centre Willie Tonga.

An added attraction is coach Neil Henry, whom Tate rates as one of the code's finest tacticians after working with him during Queensland's Origin campaigns between 2006-08.

"It's definitely an option," Tate said of his likely move to the Cowboys.

"We're going through the process now, I'm not trying to worry about it too much but the appealing thing (about the Cowboys) is that it would bring me back to Queensland.

"Thurston is an attraction and Willie Tonga is one of the leading centres in the game, so playing alongside those guys would be great."

A veteran of 15 Origin matches, Tate is still being courted by the Warriors and has expressions of interest from two English Super League clubs.

But Cowboys boss Peter Parr is quietly confident the club will snare the former Kangaroos winger after successfully luring Antonio Winterstein from the Broncos.

"I'm thinking we might have some news next week," Parr said. "Brent's got a lot to go through when making the decision but I suppose it's fair to say that I'm confident we will get a positive result. But I can't be certain at this stage.

"We've made him what we consider a fair and reasonable offer but the rest is up to him.

"I've only had one discussion with Brent, I'm not privy to where he is at with the Warriors but with his experience and the position he plays, we think he'll be a very good signing for us.

"George (Mimis) is on his way back from overseas. I've exchanged a few messages with George and once he gets back (this week) we'll have an indication of what Tatey is thinking."

Folau's impending departure gives the Broncos the financial muscle to land Tate, but Mimis said the 19-Test veteran was no certainty to return to Red Hill.

"I would think it unlikely (he would go back to the Broncos) but while Brent is unsigned I wouldn't discount any option," Mimis said from England.

"We're having positive dialogue with the Warriors, but the Cowboys proposal is being seriously considered."

Broncos boss Bruno Cullen insists the club will not be making an offer for Tate.

"We're not anywhere with Brent Tate and we never have been," Cullen said.

"We were contacted some time ago, roughly six weeks ago, advising Brent was coming on to the market and were we interested in commencing negotiations and we said no."

Lame
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 am

It doesnt matter if Tate joins them anyways.

Going there, for some reason or another, is commiting career suicide. Apart from Willie, no one has gone there in the last 3 or four years and done any good. Even Thurston doesn't look like the superstar he normally is, any more
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 am

Tate is too old for our team anyway imo. We have a youthful team now, other than Locky, Parker and Hodges, the rest of our team are under 26. He is far too injury prone too. I would have liked him back, but he's just too big of a risk.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:37 am

Bronco_josh wrote:

Going there, for some reason or another, is commiting career suicide. Apart from Willie, no one has gone there in the last 3 or four years and done any good. Even Thurston doesn't look like the superstar he normally is, any more

Sort of hard when your team is not performing, hence JT going poorly

That statement is absolute rubbish, Willie Tonga, Willie Mason, Anthony Watts, James Tamou, Steve Rapira, Leeson Ah Mau have all been signed recently and have done a great job
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:42 am

I know Tate is a massive part of the Warriors team, but if he wants money and feels he has given the Warriors as much as he has been paid than I have no problem.

Next year we have Inu coming over and Moon as back up till the end of next year along with Tupou, Ah Van brothers & Fisiahi/Feki (Solid NYC players), so im pretty happy to have tham as back ups.

1. Hohaia
2. Locke
3. Inu
4. Ropati
5. Vatuvei
6. Maloney
7. Seymour

It seems likely Likiliki will leave us for the Knights but if we do keep him I would definitely give him a go in the centres.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:44 am

apparently the Knights have signed Beau Henry from the dragons and Siutonga Likiliki from the warriors.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 am

Brenton wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:

That statement is absolute rubbish, Willie Tonga, Willie Mason, Anthony Watts, James Tamou, Steve Rapira, Leeson Ah Mau have all been signed recently and have done a great job

I said Willie Mason, Tonga has been quiet, and exploded this year, Tamou made his FG debut there, so not really a buy

What about the great players you forgot to mention like Gallant, Williams, Graham, Bani, Kaufusi, and Manokafoa ?? You guys turned Kaufusi from a State of Origin prop to a reserve grader, two great promising youngsters in Bani and Williams into absolute shyte and Manokafoa into absolute poo
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:

I said Willie Mason, Tonga has been quiet, and exploded this year, Tamou made his FG debut there, so not really a buy

What about the great players you forgot to mention like Gallant, Williams, Graham, Bani, Kaufusi, and Manokafoa ?? You guys turned Kaufusi from a State of Origin prop to a reserve grader, two great promising youngsters in Bani and Williams into absolute shyte and Manokafoa into absolute poo

Tonga was great this year and last year, form centre of the comp for the first month, has quietened off a little bit but is still up there with the best. Watts has been our best this year and great last year, we bought Tamou from the Roosters who was on the verge from making his FG debut, Rapira same as the Warriors and same as Ah Mau.

Gallant is a good player who has been solid this year for us when chosen, but really, he isn't going to be chosen over Bowen.

John Williams was always shit. Ashley Graham had a severe foot injury in 2008, he was good in 07 though. Bani was always shit, as was Manuokafoa.

But I agree with Kaufusi. No idea what has happened to him

Last edited by Brenton on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:51 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
apparently the Knights have signed Beau Henry from the dragons and Siutonga Likiliki from the warriors.

Yeah that rumour is pretty strong and im sure it has happened to.

He needs to work on his defence a bit, but he has such awesome raw attacking talent. If the Knights can coach him well but keep that raw ability he has, he will be a major signing for them.

As for Henry, I like that signing. Henry/Mullen halves will go good imo. Henry is a solid halfback, while Mullen has been used at both 6/7, he is a natural 6 imo. If the Knights pick up these 2 along with a top forward and can stay injury free, they will definitely be playing september footy in 2011.

-------

http://www.tfwforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=14292
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumoured Signings
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to: