Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Official MLB Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:50 am

Game 5: Phillies 8-6 Yankees

The Phillies pulled a game back on the Yankees today. A.J. Burnett really did fluff his chance today, pretty much due to only having 3 days rest and it showed, as he only pitched 3 innings. Still, I can't see the Phillies winning twice in NY, especially with Pettitte and Sabathia pitching in Game 6 & 7.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:06 pm

Well tomorrow is Martinez vs. Pettitte. Really looking forward to the game as well as I'll be able to watch it all as well as the Lakers vs. Rocketa game on ESPN. Should be a big day. I actually give the edge to the Phillies as Martinez has had a longer rest, but still, Pettitte is all quality and at home, the Yankees should come away with the World Series win.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:01 am

The Yankees have won the World Series! 7-3 to them today in game 6. Congrats to them, thouroughly deserved...been the best team all playoffs
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 am

Yankees World Series Champions!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:12 am

WS Game 6: Yankees 7-3 Phillies

Well the Yankees have done it, they've claimed the World Series that they've been craving for seven years for. Pettitte really did pitch a gem today I thought, kept the runs down while Hideki Matsui had a blinder of a day with the bat. A HR and 6 RBI's doing it.

Overall, a very well deserved World Series win for the Yankees, they were the best team all Playoffs and their big money signings of Teixeira and Burnett were shown to be correct.

Yankees World Series Champions 2009. Well done NY Yankees.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:13 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
A Phillies vs. Yankees World Series should be great, I'm going the Yankees in 6.

Boo Ya!
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:22 am

dam it yankees!!!
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:39 am

Congratulations Yankees!
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:37 am

WELL DONE YANKEES!
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

I know its only Feb, but im already pumped for this season ahead!! i cant wait!
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 pm

anyone here playing fantasy baseball?
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:51 am

baseball is one of the only sports that i have absolute no interest in.... i tried watching a few matches but i cant get into it
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 am

DB wrote:
baseball is one of the only sports that i have absolute no interest in.... i tried watching a few matches but i cant get into it

same here DB Sad
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:02 pm

DB wrote:

It's a shorter form of cricket really, and it's probably the easiest sport in the world to follow. They play 162 games in roughly 180 days, it's amazing.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 am

In terms of learning players names and watching a full game it is as hard as a rock to follow...
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:44 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
In terms of learning players names and watching a full game it is as hard as a rock to follow...

Nah it's easy, give it time.

The MLB Playoffs is some of the best sport on TV you'll see.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Whens the season get underway? Sometime in April judging by the buildup ive seen on ESPN but im going to try and get into a team and follow it the whole way thru the regular season instead of jumping on a team in the playoffs Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Whens the season get underway? Sometime in April judging by the buildup ive seen on ESPN but im going to try and get into a team and follow it the whole way thru the regular season instead of jumping on a team in the playoffs Razz.

April 5th.

One of the two games on opening say is the Yankees vs. Red Sox at Fenway Park. Epic!
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Phwoaaar. Haha, thatd be a bit of fun.

Ill have a look at the teams sometime soon and make a pick for the team who ill be following Wink
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 pm

a_F_c wrote:
Phwoaaar. Haha, thatd be a bit of fun.

Ill have a look at the teams sometime soon and make a pick for the team who ill be following Wink

Houston Astros mate. Official MLB Thread - Page 4 843646
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:50 pm

As I've stated in another thread, in 2012 I hope to go and do a year of UNI in the states, more precisely at Northeastern - which is in Boston

So I'll be looking to jump on the Red Sox bandwagon and hopefully be able to get into the swing of things in MLB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:14 am

good on ya Svoerman, glad to have ya! Go Sox! so pumped for the season. got mlb tv purchased already, been watching a bit of spring training to get in the mood. also got 2 fantasy teams ready. Bring on game one vs the yankees!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:24 am

willyhbhs wrote:
good on ya Svoerman, glad to have ya! Go Sox! so pumped for the season. got mlb tv purchased already, been watching a bit of spring training to get in the mood. also got 2 fantasy teams ready. Bring on game one vs the yankees!

Wish I had MLB TV and NBA TV. So jealous.
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:41 am

haha i got both! so worth it
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:50 am

willyhbhs wrote:
haha i got both! so worth it

Lucky man. How much did you pay for each?

I'm looking at getting NBA TV for next season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official MLB Thread   Official MLB Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official MLB Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com