Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Do I need to do anything more...?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Teh Next BOD
Trainee

Do I need to do anything more...? Empty
PostSubject: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Hey... I'm new here.

I'm 13, 14 in May, and have been playing Rugby in Ulster (not the team) for nearly four years. I have played in mainly two positions, Winger and Outside Centre. I have had brief stints as a Lock (Second Row) and Flanker. Fullback too. My team use me as our attacking outlet. Basically, our tactics are; Inside Centre Crash Ball (C-1) or Lighting Ball (which we have nickednamed Kenny Ball). I can score big trys at big moments, such as in the dying seconds of a match, or scrabble a draw from a run from my own try line.

For the past two years, I have been a Regular in my schools 'B' Team (called an 'Impact Player' on some occasions) but this year, it seems that I have been getting much more time with the 'A' Squad. Now, for the part that I don't like to write, my so'called 'stats'.

(Everything out of 10)
Running: 8
Catching: 6
Strength: 7
Tackling: 7
Kicking: 6
Short Sprint: 9
Running at pace for long time: 8
Reading of the Game: 8
Crash Ball: 7

Do you think I should imrpove on anything?

I was in good shape before Christmas, but it seems that afterwards my fitness has decreased alot.

Thanks in advance =]
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:50 am

tackling, kicking and catching!
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:28 am

As a winger an outside center the main attribute you need are Running, Speed, Strength and Tackling (more for center) I would'nt worry too much about a kicking game...really to improve you need to get your ass to the gym and Strength up and grab a mate and a tackling bag and tackle the shit out of it...more confidence will come in tackling once you get your strength up.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Teh Next BOD
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah, I was doing all that gym stuff for a good while, but then the Christmas break just made me lazy... We do tackling practice some times, too, but thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:04 am

you sound like you got real potential mate, what position do you play most?
Back to top Go down
Teh Next BOD
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Well, that's FullBack scrapped. Can't play there to save my life.

I usually play Wing (14) or Outside Centre (13)
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 8:23 am

Hey Mate, you living in Ireland eh?

I was born in Dublin, lived in Waterford for a while
Up Munster

what part are you from

good luck with your rugby
Back to top Go down
Teh Next BOD
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:09 am

I'm from Ulster Razz

Thanks mate, same with you.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:18 am

what part of ulster

fermanagh, armagh, tyrone, derry, antrim or down?
Back to top Go down
Teh Next BOD
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 am

Down Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I need to do anything more...?   Do I need to do anything more...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do I need to do anything more...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com