Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

All Blacks suffering in this years super 14

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Empty
PostSubject: All Blacks suffering in this years super 14   All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm

With just two rounds of the Super 14 concluded no less than 15 All Blacks are currently sidelined after suffering various injuries.
The disturbing list includes three of the All Blacks’ biggest stars: Dan Carter, Richie McCaw and Ali Williams while Mils Muliaina, Richard Kahui, Leon MacDonald, Brad Thorn and Andrew Hore are all on the mend.
Blues hooker Keven Mealamu has also been struggling with a calf injury while Conrad Smith, Piri Weepu, Jimmy Cowan, Jamie Mackintosh, Rudi Wulf and Sione Lauaki have all missed Super rugby action this year through a variety of complaints.
A distressed Hurricanes coach, Colin Cooper believes that modern rugby players are struggling to cope with the demands placed on their bodies due to the intensity and volume of competitions.
"Fifteen is a lot isn't it," he said. "I didn't realise it was quite that many,” Cooper told Rugbyheaven New Zealand.
"I probably shouldn't be surprised though. I think we are going to see a lot more of this unless something changes.
"I actually feel sorry for the guys, our top guys that play in the All Blacks, because they just don't get enough rest and recovery time and are not being given a chance to fulfill their potential.
"Something has got to change and change fast, because we are all losers out of this."
While All Blacks coach Graham Henry has gone to surprising lengths to protect his players from burnout, New Zealand’s Super 14 coaches are finding it very difficult to rest their top Test stars.
"The team that manages its players best is getting the benefits [of rest], so there is a definite incentive to do it," Cooper said.
"But until things like travel load are sorted then this trend is just going to get worse.

"The sooner we sort the global game out the better for everyone, especially the players."

Source: rugby365.com
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks suffering in this years super 14   All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:46 pm

maybe the northenr hemisphere tour was to long, sorry i dont buy this burn out theroy the ab's hardly played any npc last year and i doubt if any of them played 25 games last year.
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks suffering in this years super 14   All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 am

Yea i agree with yo KK

do you think Ranger has a shot at the ABS this year?
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks suffering in this years super 14   All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 am

He's got a long way to go before that - give the boy some Super 14 time first.

Frankly the pecking order is along the lines of:

Rokocoko
Sivivatu
Tuitavake
Gear
Wulf
and then a whole bunch - frankly Wulf isn't all that in my book anyway though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks suffering in this years super 14   All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:30 am

Yea, iv got a feeling ranger is gona hav an awesome year hha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Blacks suffering in this years super 14   All Blacks suffering in this years super 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Blacks suffering in this years super 14
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com