Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Empty
PostSubject: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:39 am

Quote :
Queensland Reds can cash in on Matt Giteau's move to ACT

Matt Giteau's departure from the Force may escalate into a player exodus, with Queensland Reds angling to woo Drew Mitchell and Richard Brown back to Queensland Reds.

Reds performance rugby manager Ben Whitaker revealed that the interest in Mitchell for 2010 had already been relayed to the full-back-winger's manager.

The no-nonsense Brown is now a five-Test back-rower after leaving Queensland as a B-team player snookered behind David Croft and John Roe, both now retired.

"The priority is to lock up our own guys coming off contract in those positions, Digby Ioane and Hugh McMeniman," Whitaker said.

"We're definitely keen to present our case to Drew and Richard about their futures."

The domino effect of Giteau returning to the Brumbies for 2010-11 is as much a worry for the Force as losing the superstar flyhalf himself.

He was a magnet to help lure Mitchell to Perth for 2007. Every Force approach could be validated with: "You can play with one of the world's best playmakers".

No longer. There are 10 Queenslanders on the books at the Force.

Young Gold Coast-reared tyro James O'Connor had an option clause written into his two-year deal that enables him to stay at the Force or move elsewhere at the end of 2009.

But with fast-improving Quade Cooper and Berrick Barnes commanding flyhalf-inside centre at the Reds, he is not a target. "Not at this stage," Whitaker confirmed.

The Reds still covet boom Force flanker David Pocock, who passed on a contract offer. He is staying at the Force (2009-10) but would be the perfect successor to Kiwi Daniel Braid when the Reds try again for 2011.

It won't just be the Reds declaring open season on the Force. Brumbies boss Andrew Fagan confirmed he hoped Mitchell would follow good mate Giteau to Canberra.

The bloody-minded in Queensland rugby will be chuckling that the Force can cop their just desserts after the player raids on this state which enabled the club to form.

That ignores the bumbling in Queensland rugby at the time and the chronic lack of results that made many of those player losses own-goal bungles.

The Australian Rugby Union must take a proactive Force-is-good stance and ensure Australia's fourth Super 14 team does not wither. Force boss Greg Harris suggested salary-cap concessions be considered because of Perth's remoteness to the pool of players in the eastern states.

"It would be good if the ARU might look at ways it could provide assistance or leeway for the Force, otherwise this could herald some serious issues for us," Harris said.

Giteau's exit will always be linked to his relationship with coach John Mitchell, whether it was a big or small part of his decision.

"There's no reason there at all relating to whether I'd leave or stay," Giteau said.

"It's more a case of me going to the Brumbies than leaving the Force."

Almost in the same breath was the giveaway that the Force, at large, are no longer the problem-free new toy when players first signed up.

Why the Brumbies?

"It's the professionalism of the joint, not that this place isn't," Giteau said.

Giteau has stoutly fulfilled his part of the deal at the Force when for $1 million worth of reasons he was short-changed by the failed Firepower company in a third-party deal.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25092725-5002381,00.html

Would be great news for the Reds if we can sign at least one of these players. Would love to see both of them playing for the Reds though in 2010!

DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:41 am

Oh yeah.

Hope they can sign both of them, if not at least one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:25 am

If they go to the reds theyl hav a shot at winning the super14 !
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am

mwahahaha howd u like it now force?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 am

Brown would be awesome.. dont really need mitchell but would be more than handy
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 9:36 pm

Beckham#23 wrote:

Man - what a Tui ad!!!

You guys SO need Mitchell. I'm sorry - but your outside backs are really sub-par.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:20 am

^^ hynes does the job but i agree we need mitchell instead of ioane who would be good coming on late in the second half imo

wouldnt mind o connor either but i dont really kno where we could fit him scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 am

I heard mitchell wanted to go to the brumbies with giteau.
Back to top Go down
Iliketurtles
Trainee
Iliketurtles

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:19 pm

kiwikid33 wrote:
I heard mitchell wanted to go to the brumbies with giteau.

Jeez the bald headed monkey certainly knows how to boost Morale.

"Hey guys! I wanna ditch you for the Brumbies but if that doesn't work out I will stick around anyway" Confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Pantherus wrote:
Beckham#23 wrote:

Man - what a Tui ad!!!

You guys SO need Mitchell. I'm sorry - but your outside backs are really sub-par.

Mclinden shone in his first 2 games he can only improve.. Hynes in Quality, We will have Chambers next year who is also likely to be a star.. Ioane is a quality player... yes Mitchell would be a great addition but i really want to see these guys given a chance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?   Mitchell & Brown To The Reds? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mitchell & Brown To The Reds?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com