Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

ABs vs Ireland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:36 pm

Quote :
NEW ZEALAND: 15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Sitiveni Sivivatu, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Rodney So'oialo, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Corey Flynn, 17 John Afoa, 18 Anthony Boric, 19 Kieran Read, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Stephen Donald, 22 Isaia Toeava.

IRELAND: 15 Girvan Dempsey, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Brian O'Driscoll (c), 12 Luke Fitzgerald, 11 Robert Kearney, 10 Ronan O'Gara, 9 Tomas O'Leary, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 David Wallace, 6 Alan Quinlan 5 Paul O'Connell, 4 Donncha O'Callaghan, 3 John Hayes, 2 Rory Best, 1 Marcus Horan. Reserves: 16 Jerry Flannery, 17 Tony Buckley, 18 Stephen Ferris, 19 Shane Jennings, 20 Eoin Reddan, 21 Paddy Wallace, 22 Keith Earls.

Some interesting selections here:

- they're persisting with Tialata at tighthead; even though he's shown a definite preference for loosehead. Sure he can play both sides competently, but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire...
- Starting Williams again is a big call - is Henry going to contradict his own words and play him for all 5 tests, or will he be benched against Wales?
- Loose trio is still intact, though Read's inclusion on the bench is a strong indication that he was the standout loosie against Scotland - watch your back Kaino.
- Nonu/Smith midfield has been kept intact and Kahui isn't on the bench - nice to know they still have faith in Smith, but he'd better perform.
- Sivivatu/Rokocoko wings AGAIN! How man times have they done this, and how many times has it failed? Gear did little wrong against Australia; is he going to get another chance in a big test or will he be dumped against Munster. Both Fijians have a lot to prove and this may be their last chance before one of them is dropped for Gear.
- Donald still on the bench - how much game time will he get, and will it be instead of, or alongside Carter?
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm

IMO That is very near a full strength side which I didnt expect, thought we may have given the of the others a run and saved the A team to Wales and England.

Agree with you Pantherus (how did you come up with that name anyway) They need to chuck Sivi on the bench and start Hosea. Other than that change I would start Weepu and Cowan on the bench because imo he is the better half back.

The forward back is very much full strength except for Hore who is injured. I like Tialata and Woodcock is the props, noone else I think deserves it.

I'm predicting a hiding.

36 - 12 to the ABs
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:31 pm

Yeah the only selections I dont agree with is sivi on the wing both gear and tuitavake are playing better at the moment.

And Kahui should have been on the bench instead of donald having doanld and weepu there is a bit of a waste piri can cover both 9 and 10 so why not have kahui who can cover 11,12,13,14.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:37 pm

kiwikid33 wrote:
Yeah the only selections I dont agree with is sivi on the wing both gear and tuitavake are playing better at the moment.

And Kahui should have been on the bench instead of donald having doanld and weepu there is a bit of a waste piri can cover both 9 and 10 so why not have kahui who can cover 11,12,13,14.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Professional
Sponge

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm glad they dont keep resting players. To play consistant footy players need to be playign week in week out. They roatated big time last week and that should be enough till the end of the tour. 3 matches in a row for our best team is no challenge, it's a must. You gotta win 3 in a row with your best outfit to win a worldcup, so that's what they should do now!

All Blacks will destroy Ireland, Wales and England....there is no dout about it.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:35 am

Sponge I agree but i think we will see a few changes for the wales game and back to full strength for the English.

I dont understand this resting rubbish look at league players who play 26-30 games a year in a row dont see them complaining.
Back to top Go down
mintyjo400
Professional
mintyjo400

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
IMO That is very near a full strength side which I didnt expect, thought we may have given the of the others a run and saved the A team to Wales and England.

Agree with you Pantherus (how did you come up with that name anyway) They need to chuck Sivi on the bench and start Hosea. Other than that change I would start Weepu and Cowan on the bench because imo he is the better half back.

The forward back is very much full strength except for Hore who is injured. I like Tialata and Woodcock is the props, noone else I think deserves it.

I'm predicting a hiding.

36 - 12 to the ABs

agree totally, couldnt have siad it better myself
but i think it will be 32 -6
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 pm

5 hours till I have to wake up for this one, Its gonna be an awesome game I feel. Croke Park will provide something special
Back to top Go down

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Great atmosphere at Croke Park!

Carter missed his first penalty, slightly hooking it.

0-0 5 minutes gone.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 pm

FULL TIME:

All Blacks 22-3 Ireland

All Blacks

Tries: Penalty Try, Ma'a Nonu, Brad Thorn, Conversions: Carter (2), Penalties: Carter

Ireland

Penatlies:
O'Gara
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Was a bit of a slow game, Ireland put on a solid defensive display in the first half, but lost momentum after the Penalty Try was awarded.

The Nonu try with help from Joe was the highlight of the game. Some sweet back play.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 pm

The atmosphere was amazing all right I agree with Ali being man of the match he had a great game it was shame he didnt get awarded the try.

the penalty try did ruin things a bit.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:58 am

Yeah, Nonu really stood up and told his critics to shove it Smile

That whole penalty try / yellow card mess is going to be ranted about for ages methinks.

Personally: the penalty try was 100% correct, but the yellow card on top of that just added insult to injury and was, to my mind, an excessive call. Let's face it, the way Carter was kicking Beau had already cost his team 2 points with the conversion that Carter likely would have missed from the sideline Smile

Pity we didn't get any video of the Woodcock punch incident, would've been good to see what happened - wondering if he'll be sited for it, and whether they even can without video evidence.

All in all, a game where defence made the greatest showing on both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ABs vs Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Ireland   ABs vs Ireland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABs vs Ireland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com