Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Will Jack Be Back in Black??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Empty
PostSubject: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:16 am

Chris Jack released as heads roll at Saracens

All Blacks star Chris Jack is set to be released along with
14 team-mates at English Premiership club Saracens, and they'll be
replaced by mainly South African players.

The BBC said South African head coach Brendan Venter, the
defence coach at Super 14 side the Stormers and who will effectively
replace former Australia coach Eddie Jones, informed the players this
week, though the club would not confirm that.
"It would be completely inappropriate for the club to make any specific comment on these private meetings," the club said.
"Many of the players were enthused and excited by what they heard; inevitably, some were disappointed."
Saracens are largely run by a group of South African investors who
also have a stake in provincial sides the Sharks and the Stormers in
their home country.
It is believed that the players who have been told they will not be
retained will be replaced largely by players from those two Super 14
squads. Saracens did add that they were trying to help the players sort
out their futures.
Jones has said he would leave at the end of the season.
Venter, a former Springbok international, has experience in England having coached London Irish.
Jack, who won 67 caps for the All Blacks before joining Saracens
midway through the 2007-08 campaign, has made 25 appearances for the
club, scoring three tries for it.
The 30-year-old former Crusaders lock was Super 12 player of the
year in 2002 and New Zealand player of the season in the same year.
Rumor has it Jack has been talking to the NZRFU about a return to NZ Rugby.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4860752a10295.html

Although I don't have a source to confirm this rumor but I have heard he has been talking with the NZRFU about a possible return to NZ Rugby. At age 30 he we could probably squeeze atleast a couple of seasons out of him, although I would'nt want to see him back in black, we need to develop the younger players, (Boric, Thrush, Eaton etc.) as Jack would only be there very temporary.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:23 am

I don't think Jack will ever be an All-Black again. He was on a massive decline by the time he retired. In my opinion, when Thorn retires the locks will be Williams and Thrush with Boric off the bench
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:39 am

I dont think age is an issue, Martin Johnson won the 03 WC at 33. Which ironically, will be how old Jack will be at the 2011 WC.

But as has been mentioned, his form wouldnt warrant a place in the AB's right now. Saracens would hardly be releasing him if he was playing anywhere near his old days.

Although who knows, at his peak he was one of the very best and a couple of seasons back with the Crusaders may see him recapture his previous form.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:18 am

Although I aint seen him play while he has been there I heard he has been playing very well and the reason he is been let go is financial reasons. Plus the major stakeholders in the club want Sth African players in there.

Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:42 am

i dont see where jack would fit in as thorn and Williams are first choice then we need the younger guys (eaton,thrush,boric etc.) rotating on the bench
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:46 am

In all honesty I don't think Jack will ever be an All Black again, but I just thought up the catchy title so had to use it, 3 out of 6 words rhyme!!

But yea he is passed it, no need for him in the ABs.

Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:48 am

yeah it was a good title hendo
Back to top Go down
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:34 am

pedwintheking wrote:
I don't think Jack will ever be an All-Black again. He was on a massive decline by the time he retired. In my opinion, when Thorn retires the locks will be Williams and Thrush with Boric off the bench

Yea ia agree even Eaton might be up there.
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:35 am

samthaman15 wrote:
pedwintheking wrote:

Yea ia agree even Eaton might be up there.

Hes over-rated, I'd have Filipo & Donnelly ahead of him
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
samthaman15
Guru
samthaman15

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:26 am

Do you thnk so? i dont thnk he is haha, Do you rate isaac ross?
Back to top Go down
Iliketurtles
Trainee
Iliketurtles

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:46 am

If C Jack recaptures his old form I can't see why not. Brad Thorne won't make the next world cup due to him being 37-38 when that happens. I'm not a fan of Boric and while thrush is in great form as of late I don't know if he is AB material. Although if we took the English appoach Chris would be Guarenteed a spot in the squad however NZ tends to opt for younger players.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 11:00 pm

There are actually a whole string of quality locks showing up in this competition, but they're all "work in progress" situations. They're showing good Super form, but need to up their ante if they want to reproduce that in a test environment. In saying that, they need to be given a shot. Jack should not reclaim the ABs again, we're not that desperate as we were last year in retaking Thorn. I can see the likes of Thrush being our man come 2011, he's shown tremendous form for the Canes in the last year and will only get better with time. Eaton needs to find his previous form fast if he hopes to get back into the ABs without the advantage of a large touring squad. Boric is overrate IMO - I've never thought much of him and he's done nothing to persuade me otherwise. I rate him below the likes of Eaton and Filipo, around the same ground as Thrush on the basis of "promise".
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:31 am

I hope Jack comes back, hes a star. Him and Williams can be the locks. Boric/Eaton off the bench. Thrush has to be in the mix 2, future AB imo.
Back to top Go down
Iliketurtles
Trainee
Iliketurtles

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:14 am

KromyD wrote:
I hope Jack comes back, hes a star. Him and Williams can be the locks. Boric/Eaton off the bench. Thrush has to be in the mix 2, future AB imo.

Not unless Eaton picks up his game because he has been really average for a long time.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:45 pm

hope jack comes back. in his last game for the ABs he was the premier lock but for some reason keithRobertson got the nod ahead of him. Jack woulda done better in that game than robertson had

He'd still have the goods though. He may have lost a bit of pace but someone of his experience and savvy deserves a shot at the ABs.

At this stage, even before I've seen him play again, imo, he's easily ahead of Eaton and Boric, and bradThorns a good lock,the no-nonsense battering ram type, but Jacks got brains and thats worth more

Thrush might get a look in but for a lock he's pretty short. thrush and filipo are the same type of players, go forward hard a55es. definately should be on the bench, but if jack regains his former level of skill and fitness then it'd b jack and ali
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Iliketurtles wrote:
If C Jack recaptures his old form I can't see why not. Brad Thorne won't make the next world cup due to him being 37-38 when that happens. I'm not a fan of Boric and while thrush is in great form as of late I don't know if he is AB material. Although if we took the English appoach Chris would be Guarenteed a spot in the squad however NZ tends to opt for younger players.

Mate brad thorn is 33 now and the world cup is two years away.
Back to top Go down
Iliketurtles
Trainee
Iliketurtles

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:12 am

kiwikid33 wrote:
Iliketurtles wrote:

Mate brad thorn is 33 now and the world cup is two years away.

I was referring to the beach rugby world cup. Dancing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Jack Be Back in Black??   Will Jack Be Back in Black?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com