Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Best Five Players in the world

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

Best Five Players in the world Empty
PostSubject: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:17 am

who do you reckon are the best 5 players in the world, in order?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:21 am

It is quite the task ranking the top 5 because every position has completely different roles but I'll give it a go.

1. Dan Carter
2. Richie McCaw
3. George Smith
4. Bryan Habana
5. Tony Woodcock
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:28 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
It is quite the task ranking the top 5 because every position has completely different roles but I'll give it a go.

1. Dan Carter
2. Richie McCaw
3. George Smith
4. Bryan Habana
5. Tony Woodcock

That sounds about right - though agree that it's nigh on impossible to pick singular best players without specifications (i.e. certain positions etc).

DC and Richie could easily be around the other way; def agree with Smith being right there. 4 and 5 would have a lot of competition from the dozen odd guys hustling around after them.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Sponge
Professional
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:49 pm

1.Richie McCaw
2.Dan Carter
3.George Smith
4.Stirling Mortlock
5.Felipe Contepomi
6.Bryan Habana
7.Victor Matfield
8.Ma'a Nonu
9.Rocky Elsom
10.Shalk Burger
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:53 pm

There is no way Stirling Mortlock would feature in the top 4 maybe go back to '07 then he would probably feature, he is over the hill now and this year he has been average as. And how can you not squeeze Tony Woodcock in that 10, Props never get any respect but they have arguably the toughest, hardest job on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponge
Professional
Sponge

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah but props still just don't stand out for me. they're too boring to watch. If I was going to pick one it would be Carl hayman. mortlock isnt over the hill! He would make centre in the All Blacks I reacon! Brian Odrisol is over the hill.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:08 pm

NO way. BOD just doesnt get a chance to shine with the weak Irish side they have now, Mortlock is well over the hill, If I were Deans I would cut him next season and give captaincy to George Smith, get him ready for RWC 2011, because there is no way Mortlock would be there.

Yea Hayman last year would of easily been in the top 5 players in the world probably 3rd, he was the most dominant prop the world of rugby has seen in a long time, however I aint seen him play since last yrs WC.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 pm

The big problem with props, especially as far as aussies are concerned - is that that the Wallabies have played decent rugby without a single prop in their team! Smile
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:39 am

1. Dan Carter
2. Richie McCaw
3. Tony Woodcock
4. Ali Williams
5. Mils Muliaina
Back to top Go down
NBrown#16
Veteran
NBrown#16

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:16 pm

1 Dan Carter (shear talent)/ Richie McCaw (leader and workrate the best in the world)
2 Richie McCaw/ Dan Carter
3 George Smith
4 Bryan Habana
5 Shalk Berger

Notable mentions to sterling Mortlock, John Smit, Ma'a Nonu, Brian O'Driscoll, Ali Williams and Sitivenu Sivivatu
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:15 am

hewitsonjd wrote:

Notable mentions to sterling Mortlock, John Smit, Ma'a Nonu, Brian O'Driscoll, Ali Williams and Sitivenu Sivivatu

Dude, are you joking?

Ma'a's a good player (I'm certainly a fan) but I'd never rate him amongst the world's best...and Sivivatu? His ABs place is under threat, let alone the best!
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:51 am

Pantherus wrote:
hewitsonjd wrote:

Dude, are you joking?

Ma'a's a good player (I'm certainly a fan) but I'd never rate him amongst the world's best...and Sivivatu? His ABs place is under threat, let alone the best!

Id agree with you m8, Nonu is 1 of my fav players but not top5 in the world material. But Sivivatu is a joke, there is no way he is top5, Tuqiri is wayyy better than him and he isnt in his best form. My top5 would be

1. Dan Carter World class player, everyone knows why he's the world best.
2. Richie McCaw Good leader, great at the breakdown. Is really a step above most forwards in the world.
3. Shalk Burger Similar to McCaw but just lacks that X-Factor McCaw has.
4. Bryan Habana Solid finisher and can create try's out of nothing.
5. Matt Giteau Probably just makes my top5 on being the most with POTENTIAL.

Unlucky to not make it:
George Smith, Brian O Driscoll, John Smit, Victor Matfield & Rocky Elsom.
Back to top Go down
thomasscott
Trainee
thomasscott

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 7:12 am

the best players ever

1.tana umanga
2.christian cullen
3.jonah lomu
4.richie mccaw
5.andrew merhtens

top 5 current

1.richie mccaw
2.matt giteau
3.brian habana
4.schalk burger
5.brad thorn
Back to top Go down
NBrown#16
Veteran
NBrown#16

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:51 pm

KromyD wrote:
Pantherus wrote:
hewitsonjd wrote:

Dude, are you joking?

Id agree with you m8, Nonu is 1 of my fav players but not top5 in the world material. But Sivivatu is a joke, there is no way he is top5, Tuqiri is wayyy better than him and he isnt in his best form. My top5 would be

1. Dan Carter World class player, everyone knows why he's the world best.
2. Richie McCaw Good leader, great at the breakdown. Is really a step above most forwards in the world.
3. Shalk Burger Similar to McCaw but just lacks that X-Factor McCaw has.
4. Bryan Habana Solid finisher and can create try's out of nothing.
5. Matt Giteau Probably just makes my top5 on being the most with POTENTIAL.

Unlucky to not make it:
George Smith, Brian O Driscoll, John Smit, Victor Matfield & Rocky Elsom.
maybe i was smoking something there but he's electric when at his best and i think he is right up there with the best, i'm a huge fan so maybe i'm a little biased but i think he is a star. As for nonu, i think he certainly is up there and is one of the best centre's in the world
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Five Players in the world   Best Five Players in the world Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Five Players in the world
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com