Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

ABs vs Munster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:18 am

ALL BLACKS: Cory Jane, Hosea Gear, Anthony Tuitavake, Isaia Toeava, Joe Rokocoko, Stephen Donald, Piri Weepu (captain), Liam Messam, Scott Waldrom, Adam Thomson, Jason Eaton, Ross Filipo, Ben Franks, Corey Flynn, Jamie Mackintosh. Reserves: Hikawera Elliot, John Afoa, Brad Thorn, Kieran Read, Alby Mathewson, Richard Kahui, Mils Muliaina.

Not a bad lineup - considering Munster will be without their Irish reps they'll be sorely under powered.

Waldrom and Franks get their first ABs caps (though not test caps)
Elliot and Matthewson will get their first caps off the bench
Jane and Filipo get their first starts
Eaton returns finally!
Weepu is captain!! Booya, Wainui represent!
Interesting to see Toeava and Tuitavake renewing their Blues midfield partnership (though I think it only happened twice?)

Rokocoko and Howlett will pretty much cancel each other out.
Rua Tipoki may well deal to Toeava soundly - hehe Smile

Back three of Rokocoko, Gear & Jane looks massive.

I wouldn't be surprised for Mathewson to come on as a sub for Donald, with Weepu moving out to pivot as they've done all year for the Lions. Otherwise the captaincy will probably go to Mils who will likely come on before or at the same time as that sub.

Should be fun to watch Smile
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:44 am

Hey Pantherus, date & time please

PTK king
Back to top Go down
http://www.bringvictory.com
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:02 am

Its a good team, i like it. Really wanna see Toeava player closer to the ruck. AND would be good to see Muliaina get the captaincy when he comes on, really rate him.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 am

pedwintheking wrote:

PTK king

Wednesday 19 November - 8:30am NZ Time
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:33 am

Pantherus wrote:
pedwintheking wrote:

PTK king

Wednesday 19 November - 8:30am NZ Time

PTK king
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:23 am

I would of been stoked to see Hika and Ably start but on the bench is ok, as long as they get atleast a 20 min run, pretty gutted its at 8:30am, the exact same time I have to start work GRRR!!!
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 am

goooooo munster!
lol
worth a try Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
mintyjo400
Professional
mintyjo400

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:00 pm

Pantherus i agree
would be great to see weepu at number 10
see how he goes against quality opposition
looking foward to it
i support munster and the all blacks( obviously all black s more)
so will be a great game for me
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:00 am

Bit of a nail biter, lucky the boys pulled it together at the end to win it 18-16.

How absolute shit was Stephen Donald, when will that Idiot realise his stupid little chip kicks dont work. He held on to the ball too many times not feeding the outside backs enough, missed way too many kicks and made far too many handling errors. There is daylight between him and Carter. I would rather see Piri at 10 then Donald.

MOM for the ABs would have to be Liam Messam, made some storng runs and was solid in defence.

It was also great to see HBHS boys begin there AB careers, Alby made couple of good runs and Hika threw the line out ball well, cant ask for much more in the 15mins they both got to play.
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:07 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Bit of a nail biter, lucky the boys pulled it together at the end to win it 18-16.

How absolute shit was Stephen Donald, when will that Idiot realise his stupid little chip kicks dont work. He held on to the ball too many times not feeding the outside backs enough, missed way too many kicks and made far too many handling errors. There is daylight between him and Carter. I would rather see Piri at 10 then Donald.

MOM for the ABs would have to be Liam Messam, made some storng runs and was solid in defence.

It was also great to see HBHS boys begin there AB careers, Alby made couple of good runs and Hika threw the line out ball well, cant ask for much more in the 15mins they both got to play.

Yeah it was tight all the way. I agree about Stephen Donald he took the ball up to much and didn't pass the ball down the backline where we had people like Tuitavake, Gear and Rokocoko.

I also didn't like the All Blacks at the breakdown, we just didn't have the numbers or agression. And whats up with McIntosh, Flynn and Eaton always being on the wing, they should be doing the hard work up front

PTK king
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:10 am

Yea Mckintosh especillay, he knocked that ball on which would of lead to a certain try, he had a shit game aswell. Just shows how much better our 'A' line up is over the 'B' side. The A team would have put 50 points on them.
Back to top Go down
pedwintheking
Guru
pedwintheking

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:20 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Yea Mckintosh especillay, he knocked that ball on which would of lead to a certain try, he had a shit game aswell. Just shows how much better our 'A' line up is over the 'B' side. The A team would have put 50 points on them.

Yeah I still don't know why the All Blacks didn't pick Wyatt Crockett hes a better player than Afoa, McIntosh and Franks.

PTK king
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:27 am

Crockett's a better scrummager - but shit around the field...

I was just amazed looking at the live scoring on RugbyHeaven (I'm at work so can't watch the game until tonight since I video'ed it) how often it said "Donald misses conversion/penalty"

Just ridiculous.

He's got some good skills which got him into the team in the first place, but his composure and option taking is rubbish. Like what Nonu used to be like before he sorted himself out.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:49 am

On a positive note - how awesome was the Haka Wero (challenge) that went on at the start?

As someone who has been part of a Haka challenge before, I know how intense it is to face off like that. You get pretty fired when you do a haka normally; but to do it with opposition? Nothing compares!

Great occasion and well done to Munster - imagine the carnage if they'd won?!?!
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:57 am

im looking forward to seeing htis game tonight i was getting updates at work sounds like a good game although i heard we were lucky to get it in the end.
Back to top Go down
mintyjo400
Professional
mintyjo400

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:41 am

hate to be howlett now
getting bet by his old teammate for the winning try
Back to top Go down
Maccapacca
Professional
Maccapacca

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:28 am

THAT WAS A GOOD GAME
Back to top Go down
Sports_Legend
Guru
Sports_Legend

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:55 am

Didnt see the game but heard that the all blacks just won. Munster would be dissapointed though a try in the last 3 or so minutes. I am a all black supporter but i am sure most people were supporting munster to get up. Well i was!
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:59 am

Yeah thought the boys would have put on a better performance than that. However Munster did play good, and was it me or did they have like a break every 5mins haha.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Pantherus wrote:
On a positive note - how awesome was the Haka Wero (challenge) that went on at the start?

As someone who has been part of a Haka challenge before, I know how intense it is to face off like that. You get pretty fired when you do a haka normally; but to do it with opposition? Nothing compares!

Great occasion and well done to Munster - imagine the carnage if they'd won?!?!

i saw that on the news
woulda been pretty special for the guys involved
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sponsored content

ABs vs Munster Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Munster   ABs vs Munster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABs vs Munster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-